Only if you are a bankster

Pity

PascalD:
Pity

What goes around, comes around

whisperer:
What goes around, comes around

In that case it does not

We are bombed with misinformation. Just one example : 40 years ago CEO to blue collar salary was 40:1 in the USA. Last year : 340:1. The system is not made to "come around" but to sell us (the "1" part) all the s...t we do not need

techmac:
In that case it does not We are bombed with misinformation. Just one example : 40 years ago CEO to blue collar salary was 40:1 in the USA. Last year : 340:1. The system is not made to "come around" but to sell us (the "1" part) all the s...t we do not need

Waiting to see Dimon in jail

But the chances that it happens are the same as me becoming richer than Gates

whisperer:
Waiting to see Dimon in jail But the chances that it happens are the same as me becoming richer than Gates

Dimon in jail That I too would like to see

I get this feeling that big market makers and liquidity providers are controlling the markets to some extent and this little upside down movement of currency pairs is only their fingers rolling activity. However, economies of strong countries play vital role in deciding overall dimension of the market.

fancy:
I get this feeling that big market makers and liquidity providers are controlling the markets to some extent and this little upside down movement of currency pairs is only their fingers rolling activity. However, economies of strong countries play vital role in deciding overall dimension of the market.

That is all they need to do : to control a single point at the time

Is the ECB doing stealth OMT?

Europe is at pains to tell us that a Greek exit won't be painful. Is the ECB lending a hand?

That comment from Dombrovskis earlier is playing on my mind. Earlier when talking about the Greek fallout he said;

"The ECB ismaking full use of tools to ensure price stability"

Prior comments along those lines from various bigwigs have been that the ECB has the tools available to ensure price stability not that they are using them

I may just be reading too much into it but we have to remember that the ECB is in a position to enter the market and calm things down purely under the guise of QE. Under any other circumstances, for a situation such as this, the OMT would be the perfect tool to help stop yields ramping up. That requires paperwork and hoops to be jumped through before it could actually be used. QE removes all that as the ECB has free reign to buy so can keep yields in check, and thus reduce volatility

"But", you may say, "there's been no anomalies in the weekly QE numbers". That may be the case but it doesn't mean that the ECB can't sit back and trade the headlines when they negatively affect the market.

By and large it's probably business as usual but let's not forget the reversal we saw in the Euro and bond yields after Monday's gap open.

The ECB can pick and chose what and when to buy and there's no reason to say that their not playing the Greek trade too

source

Files:

"The ECB ismaking full use of tools to ensure price stability"

reading between the lines : ECB knew that the end of Greek crisis is not in sight for a long time. In order to prevent too sudden Euro to $ parity they were creating a buffer zone that would prevent a quick decline of Euro. The bulls from the last months are non others than ECB. Forex is f..d