4TF Bars: Indicators and Ideas - page 82

Dear Mladen. H

Sorry you could not make, changes in the [All time frame Stochastic-X8.4 vs Index +Matrix TT [x15x9x15]_V2] in style bars

regards 

Dear Mladen. H

[Stochastic-X8.4 vs Index +Matrix TT [x15x9x15]_V2]  - works as well as at the cross [CCI & MA] and [CCI & Stoch] 

Cross [CCI & MA] in style bars

regards 

mladen:
Some changes in the all time frame averages (to keep the states of chosen time frames even in cases when terminal is closed and then reopened)

Dear mladen,

Thank you very much for your kindness.

I am using your and Mr Tools indicators by stacking as sub-windows to display all TF MA histogram.

I liked all TF Macd indicator you just coded with histo bars. I would be thankful if you modify all TF average into a histo version even if there is a limitation of 4 tf histo bars display.

Using your 3 MA crossover and Mr Tools "price cross MA histo" both MTF with alerts I am able to trade retracements, pullbacks, bounce back quite stress-free.

If your all TF averages is converted into histogram version, then I will use just one indicator. 

In any case, I have to say that for your 3 MA crossover indicator the way you have coded alerts of  MAs crossing each other are unbeatable and signals appear on dot and I am able to act on them fast and succeed 70% of the time.

God bless you and Mr Tools.

Files:

optionhk:

Dear mladen,

I am using your and Mr Tools indicators by stacking as sub-windows to display all TF MA histogram.

I liked all TF Macd indicator you just coded with histo bars. I would be thankful if you modify all TF average into a histo version even if there is a limitation of 4 tf histo bars display.

Using your 3 MA crossover and Mr Tools "price cross MA histo" both MTF with alerts I am able to trade retracements, pullbacks, bounce back quite stress-free.

If your all TF averages is converted into histogram version, then I will use just one indicator. 

In any case, I have to say that for your 3 MA crossover indicator the way you have coded alerts of  MAs crossing each other are unbeatable and signals appear on dot and I am able to act on them fast and succeed 70% of the time.

Just checking : the all time frame averages histogram (bars) version would use the slope of the average then?

The slope of the average is also good. However, you master of averages and I am confident whatever you code will work for a MA trader.

I mostly use 1m timeframe to enter trade and use your GG timebox 30 minutes/1H  to give me the big picture

of the trend direction .  The box also provides a good view of bulls and bears fighting.

1m timeframe allows me to do scalping based on retracements, pullbacks and bounce back. And it looks like all your indicators are tailor-made for that kind of trading.

By the way I loved the display of one OMA thin ribbon indicator.  What is the main difference between OMA and other MAs?

I would like to educate myself on it and shall appreciate if you can provide a link for it.

OMA seems to be catching the change of the color 1-2 bar in advance in 1m tf and the visualisation is good.

I hope to use it after understanding how it works.

There is not much information available on OMA on the google.

I started visiting your forum since 2007 on and off basis and know you are a wizard of MAs.  I  

Thank you 

Dear mladen,

4 tf histo bars display for MT5

regards 

linux4j:

Dear mladen,

4 tf histo bars display for MT5

regards 

Sorry

I do not understand the post. Would you mind explaining it?

optionhk:

Dear mladen,

Dear mladen,

Age is catching up and I am now facing neck pain and posture problems and so I am going to give up scalping which requires constant chart-watching.

I would go for positional day trading based on  pips threshold touched by MA. 

May I request you to have following additional inputs for  " Price cross MA histo mtf alerts indicator " as well as later whenever you have time for  your planned "all timeframe averages histogram (bars) version based on the slope of the averages:

(a) consecutive number of hits MA gets ( to avoid too many alerts/false signals) 

(b) Pips or Percentage threshold for the indicator to send push alerts when the MA crosses threshold pips/percentage figure during the selected MTF .

Thank you for being there always MA wizard.  

optionhk:

Dear mladen,

Age is catching up and I am now facing neck pain and posture problems and so I am going to give up scalping which requires constant chart-watching.

I would go for positional day trading based on  pips threshold touched by MA. 

May I request you to have following additional inputs for  " Price cross MA histo mtf alerts indicator " as well as later whenever you have time for  your planned "all timeframe averages histogram (bars) version based on the slope of the averages:

(a) consecutive number of hits MA gets ( to avoid too many alerts/false signals) 

(b) Pips or Percentage threshold for the indicator to send push alerts when the MA crosses threshold pips/percentage figure during the selected MTF .

Thank you for being there always MA wizard.  

optionhk

If you set the period of the fast ma to 1 (of any two ma cross indicator), then you shall have a price cross indicator (period 1 of any ma will always return the price itself) . So you can use any ma cross indicator as a price cross of ma indicator as well

mladen:

optionhk

If you set the period of the fast ma to 1 (of any two ma cross indicator), then you shall have a price cross indicator (period 1 of any ma will always return the price itself) . So you can use any ma cross indicator as a price cross of ma indicator as well

dear mladen,

Thank you very much.