Asi trendline strategy! - page 12

keep in mind...that trading from divergences has an inherent risk of going against the major move...meaning...the move you are trying to get in, might not be sufficient enough to make some pips...

Yeah it is not full proof, but still helpful to take into account. And its nice that it works automatically. The picture of it is the bottom indicator .

Files:
t1_1.gif  39 kb

Hi James,

I know you don't like the dozen indicator look, so I'm taking a chance posting this

But I believe the first page of this thread used to say, "opinions or suggestions welcome" (or something to that nature). And because of the fact that the ASI mimics price in a way but pays more emphasis towards the close of the price, I thought it would be interesting to keep trying new things.

(if you want to keep this thread clean of the dozen indicator look, just PM me and I will secretly take this down)

Files:
asi.png  108 kb

Interesting, I like the picture. I am not a hater of indis if it is innovative. I tried MAs on ASI but did not find much of a difference. What do you think?

kinjaheed:
Hi James,

I know you don't like the dozen indicator look, so I'm taking a chance posting this

But I believe the first page of this thread used to say, "opinions or suggestions welcome" (or something to that nature). And because of the fact that the ASI mimics price in a way but pays more emphasis towards the close of the price, I thought it would be interesting to keep trying new things.

(if you want to keep this thread clean of the dozen indicator look, just PM me and I will secretly take this down)

Hello Kinjaheed,

Can youp lease post this asi indicator, it looks very interesting with all the moving averages !

Thanks

Here ya go Big Joe!

plus i threw in some extra little projects i was working on

James the Giant:
I tried MAs on ASI but did not find much of a difference. What do you think?

ya, there's not much difference, it all comes down to your original rules (TL break and wait until that bump off the new asi TL) but with that last pic i posted with the 21ma shifted, it helps you see the previous swing high/low to draw the TL, but other than that is pretty much useless. then I put 20ma on the asi, it forms kind of a "rope" where the "bump" off the asi takes place for entry, but other than that-- useless. Where I see the real potential is when I put a 21per ma on the asi, rsi, and stoch (default settings), and when all three cross the 21per ma its a decent signal.

Files:

The 21 MA on the three indicators looks like a great confirmation. Best thing about it is that all three indicators show different things, no repetitive information.

James the Giant:
Best thing about it is that all three indicators show different things, no repetitive information

I agree! But the problem with that is, what does that have to do with your proposed strategy besides the ASI being in the mix? LOL,......

It's just extra confirmation I guess if you decide to use it.

well, enough getting sidetracked from now on I am going to set up a demo and trade by your rules..... so maybe I can get some true results. I was going to post an mt4 statement but it wouldn't be right considering that I always check other systems for extra confirmation during the results, so I guess that wouldn't show the true statistics of following your strategy......

hopefully I find time to get at least one trade a day!

kinjaheed:
I agree! But the problem with that is, what does that have to do with your proposed strategy besides the ASI being in the mix? LOL,......

It's just extra confirmation I guess if you decide to use it.

well, enough getting sidetracked from now on I am going to set up a demo and trade by your rules..... so maybe I can get some true results. I was going to post an mt4 statement but it wouldn't be right considering that I always check other systems for extra confirmation during the results, so I guess that wouldn't show the true statistics of following your strategy......

hopefully I find time to get at least one trade a day!

one trade a day...keeps Doctor away???:)

Thanks Kinjaheed