Digital ACSTrend - page 25

John Last:
Here I add another shot to show the new indicators.

I am watching this the same as you, telling to my self.

Dude this is too good to be true.

Anyway I add a shot with the same indicator from a different broker.

What? The same indicator Brain Trend SSA ep, gives me a different solution.

The ASCtrend MESA gets crazy.

Any way take a look at the fractal dimension. It is really high. You cannot expect from the ASCtrend to perform in those conditions, especially the most reactive mods.

However look at the places when we have lower entropy and low fractal dimension. Right there our crazy mad, Mesa mod gives us the tops and the bottoms. This is important because you may conclude that this system does not work. And the classical optimization routine does no help to solve this kind of roblem.

It works but we need to assess the market conditions. And for that the iVAR and the Entropy are very helpful. The entropy spikes down looks like indicating tops and bottoms as the Noxa team suggest for their version of entropy indicator. We should monitor closely the Entropy indicator.

Nice one John

You can use the asctrend to scalp or to re-enter in the way of the brain trend

IMPORTANT NOTE :

One of my broker propose the update of mt4 to build 388.

BUT DO NOT UPDATE !!!

With all our mods, indicators etc, it will dramatically slow down your platform at a point it will not be usable anymore.

Hopefully i can revert back to build 229.

So : STAY WITH BUILD 229 and don't do this shit update !

Mods

I would like to explore this week this concept life.

Here I add some other shots. This time I use more lag bars and more computations.

Unfortunately I cannot offer a recommendation for the settings. We will see.

I really like the fractal adaptation of the SSA telling me which cycles are somewhat better to trade than others.

It is important to note that on bigger frame the signal for reversal can come earlier.

I want to maintain the shot clean that is why I do not add any Asctrend mod.

Files:
shot1.gif  39 kb
shot2.gif  39 kb
shot3.gif  36 kb
shot4.gif  37 kb

Trading and Mythology

Thank you for the warning Big Joe.

Anyway I want to show a shot from this morning. Here I add a shot from Oanda, to show how the levels of accumulation of orders act as attractors for the price.

The other pattern is a penetration of zone with high accumulation of market orders when we have a low fractal dimension. This can turn out to be a low phase space singularity because the stops can be hit, and the market movement could explode.

When we have a break - out of fractal dimension and a low entropy this is the best pattern I can share with you. And this is completely counter - intuitive and pure mathematics and probability./Look how nicely the MESA mod performs when we are in low fractal dimension zone, the MESA by its design does not work well in noisy environment typical for the high fractal dimension, this is a design feature we cannot overcome, maybe some Goertzel mod could make it better/

The problem with the human intuition in the markets is that the human intuition can be easily misguided by the noise coming from the strong emotional response of the greed and the fear. That is why I prefer to act as Odysseus with the sirens; tie me to a mast so I can't escape, but can still hear them singing. And to order my crew, ASCtrend mods and BT SSA ep to stuff their ears with wax and navigate the ship.

Files:
patterns.gif  40 kb
levels.png  8 kb

Stay with build 229

Big Joe:
IMPORTANT NOTE :

One of my broker propose the update of mt4 to build 388.

BUT DO NOT UPDATE !!!

With all our mods, indicators etc, it will dramatically slow down your platform at a point it will not be usable anymore.

So : STAY WITH BUILD 229 and don't do this shit update !

My plateform Meta Trader FinFX is broken after the update, and worse, I can not anymore re-install this ECN platform in 5 digits (better than the GCI MT4 still in 4 digits). Each time the, MT4 from FInFX sends repetivly alerts, that prevents the metatrader station to work

rgds

Patterns

or go here, and sign up for demo acct.

Autochartist - Automated Chart Pattern Identification

Idea

I want to share a test idea with you. For example imagine you want some quick action however the conditions are not really right for market entry. As it is today for example in the Eur/Usd.

The biblical story of the seven cows, good-looking and fat and the seven thin cows that made a meal of the seven fat cows is particularly true in Forex.

(Genesis 41)

Nice day-trading market conditions are followed by shit market conditions.

But we really want some action. So here it is the idea and I think some guys can test it.

The idea is that the technical analysis pattern tend to work but the problem is that the setups are not as frequent as we want to. However there is a nice software that scans the whole Forex for price patterns and setups.

Forex Trading Tools - PRS - Interbank FX

With a demo account you have an access to a limited functionality but you have the whole needed information. So we scan for example for 15 m. patterns, and we choose the most interesting ones. So we go to 5 m. chart for example and we test if it can work. And we enter only if we have a confirmation by our system.

The second idea is to scan many pairs for low fractal dimension. And to day trade only where we can find the lower fractal dimension.

For Newcomers

Definitely Camaron

There are some videos of a nice gal. She explains what is volatility, correlation and a lot of basic stuff about price patterns. For people that do not have a mentor this is really important to watch videos (IMHO her technical instruments suck a big time). There are thousands of videos on the net. But it is difficult to distinguish the valid market knowledge from the noise.

For the advanced users they know all that this is really basic stuff, but it appears to me that most of the readers here are not experts. And they should not consider that if a system gives recently nice signals they have the holy grail. There are a lot of other things to know and master. Really it becomes very difficult to day trade you need to consider a lot of things, and that is why the system is helpful. In fact most of the time I am watching for news, predictable volatility, looking for correlations, trying to guess where the stops are, what is going on and continually monitoring for possible butterfly effect, and the system is giving the entries. I really have a lot of other things to do, in that way the machine does not replace me, it helps me, we work together.

/experienced and power users please forgive me for those lines/

To summarize the software is:

For novices: this is a learning tool

For experienced: it does what you cannot do, scanning simultaneously all the pairs and it may be helpful

Here on the thread there are some advanced concepts like fractal dimension and entropy and their relation to the market. Anyway this does not mean that you do not need the well established market knowledge. The really good point is that those tools are independent from the classical technical analysis. And that is what I like, really.

The debate is open if those tools can actually replace a classical technical analysis or not. But in practice we need independent systems because in that way we can add the probability of the systems (in theory of course).

(by the way the fractal break - out is an excellent confirmation of the technical break - out of a pattern, and I am scanning for channels, our system gives nice entry points).

Installation

I think we are going too fast with this thread and it is hard to follow.

I apologize for not being clear on the install procedure.

You need to install jjma series and price series in the include folder. Please be more specific about what does not work!

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180729

I know Neuroshell looks great but do not forget that under MT4 you have also a genetic optimizer that has one critical feature that is missing in Neuroshell.

This feature is to see if you have a global solution or some peak from the optimization process.

The Neuroshell guys they have just one Neural net optimization algorithm. And this is called turboprop, maybe some variation of quick-prop. And do not forget that the Neural Nets are not the only predictive algorithm you could use and so you are limited (e.g. Support Vector Machines). To tell you the truth as I have tested their software I am not confident at all using a total Black Box, I do not like their optimization process at all, people get confused all the time how much to optimize.

I think that the MT4 community has a bigger potential because we are open source.