Digital ACSTrend - page 12

John,

On your last screen shot, it seems min_period 25 is better for less low profit signals, isn't it?

Fuzzy NN?

Hi, John,

Do you really have a fuzzy neural network to identify that 4 types of market states? How does it work? I am very interest to see it. Can you show its work on daily, H4, hourly on eur-usd, gbp-usd, u-chf, u-jpy, aud-usd, u-cad, eur-jpy, gbp-jpy, 's market state? please.

does this only work on 4 digit brokers?? i mean the asctrend indicators???????????

Perky:
does this only work on 4 digit brokers?? i mean the asctrend indicators???????????

No, they work fine with 5-brokers.

Fuzzy model

No I do not have such a model. However it is a nice idea to make such a model. And I am not able to implement it. And I am very skeptic about the neural net models. I mean IMHO the Support Vector Machines are better

Jack1:
Hi, John, Do you really have a fuzzy neural network to identify that 4 types of market states? How does it work? I am very interest to see it. Can you show its work on daily, H4, hourly on eur-usd, gbp-usd, u-chf, u-jpy, aud-usd, u-cad, eur-jpy, gbp-jpy, 's market state? please.

In competent hands this mod can be very powerful. Everything depends on the skill, the common sense and the money management.

For example you can use a slow trend filter and enter with the quick signals only in direction on the trend. Or, you can use the slower signals to swing trade.

And let not forget the psychology.

I am sometimes astonished by myself. Not being able to profit from a loosing and repainting system is one thing, not being able to profit from very accurate signals is completely other thing.

And it happens.

It happens to me, and I ask my self how that was possible the signals were nice but still I did not do well. How stupid can I be, the human discretion is not always a good thing.

A voice in the sky told me once LOL:

When the system tells you to buy you buy, when the system tells you to sell you sell. That's it.

You use a system because the system sees hidden patterns you cannot. If you can see the hidden patterns by yourself why would you need a system?

The problem is which system! But after you select a system, back test it properly, forward test it properly, have experience with it, you have to forget your strong ego as a technical analyst and chartist. Not everybody has the heart to do this. Being a quant trader requires much more character than intellect.

John Last:
In competent hands this mod can be very powerful. Everything depends on the skill, the common sense and the money management.

For example you can use a slow trend filter and enter with the quick signals only in direction on the trend. Or, you can use the slower signals to swing trade.

And let not forget the psychology.

I am sometimes astonished by myself. Not being able to profit from a loosing and repainting system is one thing, not being able to profit from very accurate signals is completely other thing.

And it happens.

It happens to me, and I ask my self how that was possible the signals were nice but still I did not do well. How stupid can I be, the human discretion is not always a good thing.

A voice in the sky told me once LOL:

When the system tells you to buy you buy, when the system tells you to sell you sell. That's it.

You use a system because the system sees hidden patterns you cannot. If you can see the hidden patterns by yourself why would you need a system?

The problem is which system! But after you select a system, back test it properly, forward test it properly, have experience with it, you have to forget your strong ego as a technical analyst and chartist. Not everybody has the heart to do this. Being a quant trader requires much more character than intellect.

So why don't you just use an EA?

Having say that i like your Ivar approach, but i do think that some discretion is necessary mainly to exit.

Thanks for your good work.

Bad time to trade at Fed news day.

Hi, John,

Just got through. Now, I can get taste of your ASCTrend Jstoch MESA mode. Fed news day, any trading system will get a trouble. I compare any trading system with SMA20 line, my favourable benchmark.

For entry, a lot of the system are near same. But, my view, exit signal is the killer. Few or not many system can work out. So, even if a good system, wouldn't exit to grab +pips, then still a pity.

So, the key is to know when price reach next peak/trough, you can make a done deal !!!!!!!!!!! doesn't matter trend or range. Need to tune up ASCTrend for a better exit, I believe.

chart is here.

...after quiet consideration I SATL with myself that I was too FATL...and went on a diet...useless indicators...