Need help indentifying indicator - page 78

Hi there Kapkon,

Unfortunately there is not a single indicator that will make you money long term.

You need to learn how to trade. Start off with a book on technical analysis.

Hi Kapkon,

My best advice for you is to have a look at the following system from James the Giant.

MTF CCI Strategy[/CODE]

I use to be a guy that would load every possible indicator imaginable onto my charts. Then some time ago I started just focusing on one indicator. It was the CCI indicator and I found it be a very powerful indicator. Then one sunny day, I found a post here on Forex-TSD from James the Giant. He posted a very interresting strategy that made use of the CCI indicator. When I tried it out I found that my trading turned around completely.

James's first post can be found here:

[CODE]Using CCI to Make a Living Off Forex

The first link I gave you is to the latest version of his strategy. I find this latest version a lot less confusing and very simple to implement.

Cheers

Codex

the indicator look very neat

I think I will use some other indicator (MA ones) to confirm, so I don't enter during the extremities -- safer, will audit its performance

it works on 30M and 1H -- you are very kind

Thanks for the answer!!! You use only CCI???

Hi Kapkon,

I do.

My journey into the power of the CCI indicator started quite some time ago. It eventually came to a peak when I attempted to get a full Woodies-CCI-System up and running on MT4. (As powerful as the Woodies-CCI system is, the patterns are a nightmare to learn. Although there are only 8, 3 of them are about the only ones most people can understand whilst the other 5 are crazy crack talk. I am convinced Ken Wood created these other 5 patterns as a scheme to get people into his seminars (which back in the day would cost anything from $2000-$9000 for a single day session)(And yes Ken Wood did loose the plot and somewhere between the years of 2000 and 2003 he became a rather corrupt business man - I actually researched this quite extensively.) (As for Ken Wood in 2010, I have no idea, I lost my faith in that man after reading all the dirt on him, maybe he has seen the light again and turned over a new leaf, but for me I am no longer a Ken Wood fan )

The only little issue with the two CCI strategies I posted above is that they make use of two indicators from the Elite members section of this forum.

(I think the cost per month is still $29, and it is well worth it.)

Just in case you want to refer to those elite indicators they are here (only accessable when you have an elite membership though)

CCI - nrp & mtf[/CODE]

Then if you are interested on the 22 Dec 2010, Mladen (the author of these indicators) provided us with an enhancement to his CCI indicators and included an option to display arrows on the chart for when the CCI crosses the overbought / oversold areas.

[CODE]CCI - nrp & mtf advanced

Cheers Codex

Forex Trading

deadpoet79:
Well, apparently I'm still a total newbie when it comes to trading. I've been doing this almost a year and lost quite a bit by my standards.

I've got a system that I know is, and can be profitable but can't make it become so. Honestly, I'm at my whits end and I need a mentor, somebody that will walk through my system step by step and show me where I'm going wrong and how to correct it. I know this is probably a lot to ask but if there is someone out there that is trading professionally for a living that would be able to show me the ropes I would REALLY appreciate it.

The only thing I can say is that if someone that has been successful would take me under their wing I would be eternally grateful.

Hi,

A broker can give you advices but I'm not sure how much benefits you receive from he/she. Anyway, why don't you learn by your self first. The better understand in Forex, the lower risk you have. Human makes error. Your future mentor will obviously wrong sometimes, and you must have enough knowledge to know.

Why dont you try another demo account to have better understand? The deeper understanding forex you have, the lower risk you will make. People think that Warren Buffett always takes high risk investment. However, he said "It's not risk when I know what I'm doing" (I think his viewpoint can apply to forex).

My suggestion is playing demo account several times, 2 or 3. When you gain more confidence, then start to invest. I do too, playing demo at fxdialogue. However, if you already have enough knowledge you can decide to go up to live account. Losing some money makes you careful. This is my personal viewpoint. So please take it for your consideration, not an advice

Regards,

I hope it can help.

It's good to hear that even with several losses, you remained determined and did not quit. There are many forex pros that may be willing to mentor you about the foreign exchange market.

rectangle bar indicator

hi........

any one can help me in this........

i need an indicator that show each candlestick bar as rectangle..from high to low

hope to find that indicator

ABDI123456:
hi........

any one can help me in this........

i need an indicator that show each candlestick bar as rectangle..from high to low

hope to find that indicator

or just give me the name of that indicator and i will google for it

attached is example of what i am looking for

Files:
123.jpg  10 kb

Arms Index (TRIN) for mt4

Hello

Does anyone know if there is an Arms Index (TRIN) indicator for mt4? Couldnt find one.

Thank you,

simplex