Need help creating an EA using the Bollinger Squeeze with Stochastic indicator - page 3

Essentially I just uncomment the following code

Essentially I just uncomment the following code: When I uncomment the iCustom indicator parameters below, I get the grey screen with black bars. If I comment out or take out the following code it displays properly.

// double upB = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 14, 50, 13, 0,1);

// double loB = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 14, 50, 13, 1,1);

// double upB2 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 14, 50, 13, 2,1);

// double loB2 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 14, 50, 13, 3,1);

// double mm = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 14, 50, 13, 4,1);

// double cciline = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 14, 50, 13, 5,1);

JGuillen3:
Essentially I just uncomment the following code: When I uncomment the iCustom indicator parameters below, I get the grey screen with black bars. If I comment out or take out the following code it displays properly.

Hi JG,

Attached is my working version of your Bollinger Squeeze Experiment.mq4 . I have also attached the compiled .ex4 file for you to try, to eliminate concern for any problem with your compiler just in case. Compare your code with the attached...and if it's the same...and if mine works and yours does not...then it's a mystery beyond my novice level of coding.

The best I can do is provide another encouraging screen shot to show it's working fine for me, with double confirmation in the Journal showing the successful trades made by your EA.

I hope others can help you test your EA to get different views and more clues to help you solve the puzzle.

Good luck,

Robert

I'm using MT4 version 4.00 Build 226

I'm using MT4 version 4.00 Build 226 (Mar 2009) . Would that make a difference?

2 more machines with same issue

I had a couple of my friends add the iCustom code calling the "Bollinger Band Squeeze V8" indicator. They both had the same issues I'm having, namely when they had the code to there program they get a grey screen with black lines. Here is the piece of code causing the problem for anyone who is new that is just now looking at this thread. If I comment this piece of code out it runs ok. If I add this code to the program, it takes long to compile and it does not display on the screen(chart) properly. Any iCustom experts out there?

double upB = iCustom(NULL,0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 14, 1, 13, 0,1);

double loB = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 14, 50, 13, 1,1);

double upB2 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 14, 50, 13, 2,1);

double loB2 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 14, 50, 13, 3,1);

double mm = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 14, 50, 13, 4,1);

double cciline = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 14, 50, 13, 5,0);

See if this works for you. I am unsure what values its suppose to return but I show something working. Indicator is built in but again I have no idea if its what your looking for, im a novice still. Good luck.

Files:
bollsqueez.mq4  10 kb