Mandarine EAs mods - page 9

Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180088 with defauls settings for H1 timeframe. I changed only the settings for Fibo (true and false).

Statements are attached.

It is with Fibo = false:

It is the visual statement:

-------------

I am forward testing Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA for H1 timeframe. I changed only the settings for Fibo (true and false).

Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180088 with defauls settings for H1 timeframe. I changed only the settings for Fibo (true and false).

Statements are attached.

It is with Fibo = true:

It is the visual statement:

-------------

I am forward testing Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA for H1 timeframe. I changed only the settings for Fibo (true and false).

Hi Mr. Tools. Your results are too small and can not be seen well

Hi Mr. Tools,

Your results of last week by using Mandarine with Fractal, Fibo are too small. I can not see it clearly.

Please post like Newdigital (having annual forecast grow chart, and also zip file of results). Thanks a lot. By the way, please tell which pair made profit, and which pair lost ? How many pairs did you forward-test with this newest version with Fractal?

Newdigital, are you still testing Mandarine V1 or are you using newer version with Fractal?

Thanks

James

Hi MrTools,

I see from your screenshot that you are using version 1.1. Are there major differences between 1.1 and 1? Are you planning on releasing 1.1?

Thanks.

mrtools:
Last weeks results using using Fractal dimension elder as a filter along with Mandarine and the fibpivots on H1 timeframe.

jamesphuc72:
Newdigital, are you still testing Mandarine V1 or are you using newer version with Fractal?

Still testing Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA and posting results every week (you can see my posts on this page).

I am planning to start to test new versions too.

jamesphuc72:
Hi Mr. Tools,

Your results of last week by using Mandarine with Fractal, Fibo are too small. I can not see it clearly.

Please post like Newdigital (having annual forecast grow chart, and also zip file of results). Thanks a lot. By the way, please tell which pair made profit, and which pair lost ? How many pairs did you forward-test with this newest version with Fractal?

Thanks

James

Wish i could post statements like Newdigital, used to be able to but since i had to reformat the hard drive for some reason now not able. Here's how i have been using this Ea. only on H1 timeframe using FDE with the fib pivots, that's it every thing else default. In the evening(gmt - 6 here) when i get off work pretty much all that is happening has all ready happened market wise and the Asian session is starting so i check out all the trades if they are in profit and on the opposite side of the fib channel, like say for instance it was a sell and price is in s2 or s3 area i go ahead and manually close them, i plan on adding this option in the near future, soon as i figure out how to do so. Another thing guess Alpari removed all my account history from last month, so can't remember exactly if there was any loosing trades(started testing around end of month), but don't think so, and this week had 8 trades all winners, for approx. 860 pips. No special reason for the pairs i have been testing, guess one thing like to test it on the Jpy, pairs just to see how Ea handles the volatility. And i have it on 9 pairs, chf/jpy,eur/jpy,aud/jpy,gbp/jpy,eur/usd,nzd/jpy,aud/jpy,usd/cad,and gbp/chf.

ps) just refreshed my memory this version had 4 trades the week before for +240 pips so around 1100 pips for 2 weeks.

nazmul:
Hi MrTools,

I see from your screenshot that you are using version 1.1. Are there major differences between 1.1 and 1? Are you planning on releasing 1.1?

Thanks.

Nazmul good eye version 1.1 is using CFB with another switch can't release it here but if you want to try it, can post it in Advanced, but i had it on another account using Cfb = true Ea had 1 trade and it was a looser, to me not as good as the FDE version, which in my honest opinion doesn't mean one indicator is better than the other could be a number of things one of which i may be using it wrong in the way i coded it into Mandarine, not really sure but could be a very strong possibility, because using Cfb and Fde in manual trading Cfb definitely the winner!

Please advise your settings further. Thanks

Hi Mr. Tools,

Thanks for the information on the pairs you are testing.

One thing I would like to know from you about your settings:

+ If you set "Use FDE Trend" = True, then, "Use Fibpivots = False or True" in this case?

+ Trendtf = 0 or what else ? In case I want this new version EA to use 4H timeframe as Trendtf, then, how should I adjust here ?

+ What is the function of SHIFT = 1 here? I am now using IBFX with GMT = 0, then, should I change anything here?

+ Does this EA use "Hedging strategy" ? I use IBFX that does not allow Hedging, so, I set "No Hedge = true". So, I just wonder if this EA trades with Hedging strategies or not. Please advise. Thanks.

This EA (old and newest version) does have good potential to win consistently, and if we use proper Money Management, it will be a winner. Hope you can try to improve it more and more to make it more perfect. Hihi.

Thanks a lot for all your help and contribution to this good EA.

I hope that this week, Newdigital can start to test both versions (V1 and newer version with Fractal indicator) for us to compare about the profitability and max drawdown, etc of both versions. Let's see which version performs better in next few months.

Thanks a lot

James

jamesphuc72:
Hi Mr. Tools,

Thanks for the information on the pairs you are testing.

One thing I would like to know from you about your settings:

+ If you set "Use FDE Trend" = True, then, "Use Fibpivots = False or True" in this case?

+ Trendtf = 0 or what else ? In case I want this new version EA to use 4H timeframe as Trendtf, then, how should I adjust here ?

+ What is the function of SHIFT = 1 here? I am now using IBFX with GMT = 0, then, should I change anything here?

+ Does this EA use "Hedging strategy" ? I use IBFX that does not allow Hedging, so, I set "No Hedge = true". So, I just wonder if this EA trades with Hedging strategies or not. Please advise. Thanks.

This EA (old and newest version) does have good potential to win consistently, and if we use proper Money Management, it will be a winner. Hope you can try to improve it more and more to make it more perfect. Hihi.

Thanks a lot for all your help and contribution to this good EA.

I hope that this week, Newdigital can start to test both versions (V1 and newer version with Fractal indicator) for us to compare about the profitability and max drawdown, etc of both versions. Let's see which version performs better in next few months.

Thanks a lot

James

James to answer your question 1 "Use Fibpivots = False , but whrn using FDE the Ea also still using fibpivots!

trendtf is for FDE if you leave at 0 will be using timeframe your trading Ea. on if you are using the Ea. on H1 timeframe but want FDE timeframe at H4 you change trendtf =240;

Shift is amount of bars back Ea looks at indicators for its signal some people hard code this into Ea 's indicators if shift = 1 Ea should not open trade until close of bar if indicator giving signal if shift = 0 Ea if gets a signal will take trade at any time during open of bar.Found it best to leave shift as is at 1.

The Ea doesn't hedge the no hedge is a safety feature for no accidental hedges so nohedge=true; will be fine!

About the pairs i picked to trade was no reason for picking except for testing like to test the Ea hard that's one reason i use a lot of Jpy pairs.

Hope this helps !!

Thanks, Mr. Tools.

Hi Mr. Tools,

Thanks a lot, Mr. Tools. You are always kind and helpful to us.

By the way, you said "so can't remember exactly if there was any loosing trades(started testing around end of month), but don't think so, and this week had 8 trades all winners, for approx. 860 pips".

So, last week, the newer version with Fractal indicator won around 860 pips per 8 pairs WITHOUT your manual closing of the trades? I mean that you let it run and closed automatically by hitting trailing stops? Or did you close any trades manually at supports (for a Sell), or at resistances (for a Buy)?

+ By the way, I also had a SELL on Gbpjpy last week at 134.40, stop loss at 138.05, take profit at 120.11.

From this trade, I noticed that at beginning, it was in floating over 100 pips, then,when Gbpjpy dropped down to OVER 100 pips profit, but the Trailing stop DID NOT MOVE at all?

I just want to know for a winning trade, usually, how many pips in profit that will kick the Trailing stop to start moving to protect the profit ?

So, because I tested this new version on my mini live account, I had to use set trailing stop at 60 pips manually, and finally, I had 167 pips winner (hit my trailing stop at 132.73), but today, I saw Gbpjpy dropped further to 131.07 (it means I missed 166 pips more profit).

At this moment, I really don't know after how many pips profit that this EA will start moving Trailing stop?

I hope you can explain above information to me for my reference.

To Newdigital : I am sorry but, could you please do a new forward-testing of both Mandarine EA (V1 version and newer version with Fractal indicator added) starting with either 1,000usd or 3,000usd and all default settings to see which version can perform better (lower drawdown and higher profit)? And how much better?

Thanks a lot

James