Mandarine EAs mods - page 7

kalusao:
Thank you for this great EA, mrtools.

I try to learn from your coding experience. Could you please explain why in general the ECN related code is required?

For me an ECN broker is a broker with a variable spread. From this I conclude that an ECN broker offers other bid + ask values than a non ECN. But what else? And why makes a variable spread a difference in coding an EA?

I went over the code but I do not see the difference between the code related to an ECN and the other code (ECN=false).

I think that for both cases (ECN = true and false) the stoploss price is calculated by sl = Bid - stoploss and takeprofit price is calculated by Ask + takeprofit.

I have no clue what role the ticket variable plays.

First of all want to say this is Ea is a collaboration with Mladen and I he did all the hard stuff and I did the easy and added the indicators. My experience with ECN type brokers is that they do not allow limit orders, only market orders. Any order with stop loss or take profit to them in my understanding is considered a limit order so what is done with my understanding of this code is if ECN Broker = true the EA will enter trade with 0 stop loss and take profit in broker's eyes, after order is accepted the EA will modify the order to user specified stop loss and take profit. Hopefully I'm in the ball park with my answer and hopefully someone with more ECN trading or coding experience could enlighten us more with this.

Regards

tools

Thank you mrtools. Your explanation helps a lot. I was not aware of the fact that ECN type brokers do not allow limit orders.

Regards,

gregor

Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180088 with defauls settings for H1 timeframe. I changed only the settings for Fibo (true and false).

Statements are attached.

It is with Fibo = false:

-------------

I am forward testing Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA for H1 timeframe. I changed only the settings for Fibo (true and false).

Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180088 with defauls settings for H1 timeframe. I changed only the settings for Fibo (true and false).

Statements are attached.

It is with Fibo = true:

-------------

I am forward testing Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA for H1 timeframe. I changed only the settings for Fibo (true and false).

Mr. Tools. How were results with Mod Mandarine, Weekly fibopivots?

Hello Mr. Tools,

I would like to know from you about the results of Mandarine EA, AllFibopivots_T3Basics with Weekly Fibopivots = True that you have been running?

How do you see about the results of Mandarine V1 and Mandarine EA, AllFibopivots_T3Basic? Which one produced higher profits and lower drawdown / fewer losses?

+ To Newdigital: Could you please do a forward-test on the Mandarine EA, Allfibopivots_T3Basic to compare results of the 2 versions of Mandarine EAs? Thanks a lot.

Have a nice day !

James

Hello James,

I did some backtests (from March 2009 till end of April 2010) today to compare AllFibpivots_T3Basics with Fibpivots_v1. Initial deposit was 10.000 USD and lots were fixed to 0.1 (MM=false).

Regards,

gregor

Dear Kalusao,

Thanks for your backtesting.

+ Please note that on some pairs, your backtesting modelling quality is NA (not 90%) which is considered as not reliable. You should obtain 90% modelling quality to be reliable enough on whether an EA that performed well in the past can perform similarly in the future (People just hope so, not 100% sure about the future).

+ As I have run on some pairs such as: Eurusd, Gbpusd, Eurjpy, and Gbpjpy, I noticed that the EA (Mandarine, Allfibopivot_T3Basic) DID trigger better price (Buy around 10 - 20 pips lower, and Sell around 10 - 20 pips higher) than the Mandarine, Fibopivot, V1 version.

But because I just ran both versions for 2 weeks as of now, I would like to receive my detailed comparisons of both versions from Mr. Tools (who modified and made the newer version with 4h, Daily, Weekly, and Monthly = True / False, and default setting is Weekly = True) because he should have forward-tested both version LONGER TIME.

And also, practical experience from Newdigital as he has been running many EAs and also Mandarine EAs for a long time.

+++ From my own experience, for V1, if Fibo = True, profit is less, but drawdown is also much lesser (which is safer for conservative trading), while Fibo = False, profit is really much higher, but drawdown is also very high (aggressive trading).

+++ One important experience I would like to know from Mr. Tools, and Newdigital is that:

aaa. I found that almost all trades were closed down for a profit but the trailing stop is always hit. I noticed that the distance between trailing stop price and current market price is quite much, which is sometimes a waste of many profitable pips left on the table.

So, I wish to know if I want to have more closer distance between Trailing stop price and current market price, what should I adjust on "Range.Trailing stop" ? I saw that default setting is 0.5

bbb. What is the function of "Range.Lock Pips = 0.5 ?

Do I need to adjust anything on this function, so that when market price moves in correct direction of the trades for over 50 - 70 pips, the EA should lock in 10 pips profit, and then, kick in the function of Range.Trailing Stop.

By this way, I think I can get more pips profit per trade, because I noticed that market price has seldom (if not to say, almost impossible as of now) moved to the profit target set by the Mandarine EA.

ccc. I see that the Mandarine has "No Hedge = True / False". So far, which one has more profits? No Hedge = True or No Hedge = False?

Because I use this Mandarine EA on my mini live account at IBFX (so far so good, and only 2 losses on USDCHF, but profit is much more than loss). I had to set No Hedge = true, and I just want to know which option can have more profits.

ddd. If I manually close the profitable trade made by Mandarine EA, will it continue to place a new trade in same direction of previous trade?

I noticed that if I can manually close a profitable trade at strong support / strong resistance, I can have more pips profit because market often reverses and hit trailing stop, and on many trades, I could secure more than 50 pips profit per trade by closing those profitable trades manually. But I dared not to do so, because I am afraid that Mandarine EA will place a new trade in same direction of previous trade.

I am waiting for your further information and advice to my above questions asap.

Thanks a lot

Regards,

James

Statements are attached.

It is with Fibo = true:

-------------

Statements are attached.

It is with Fibo = false:

-------------

Statements are attached.

It is with Fibo = true:

It is the visual statement:

-------------