Various - page 66

sebastianK:
It can happen only if the indicator changes past values, and as I could see it, those values are not changed (use the data window to check that).

Fib envelopes can not repaint (the code of calculating it is very simple and there is no code part that can cause any repainting - the "past values changing")

So, it is safe to be used in a normal non repainting way

Maybe it's because in a trend, the subwindow size remains the same but the range of the indi must be shrinked a bit and so the indi and the bands look a bit diffrent.

krelian99:
Maybe it's because in a trend, the subwindow size remains the same but the range of the indi must be shrinked a bit and so the indi and the bands look a bit diffrent.

That happens when new highest high and lowest low value for the sub window is formed, but the value itself is never changed - it is simply metatrader adjusting pixel values to sub window pixel highs. But that happens to each and every indicator in a sub window and it does not depend on the mql code of the indicator at all

Yes, visually it looks diffrent, the values stay unchanged. That not only happens in MT4, in Matlab or any other programm too.

krelian99:
Yes, visually it looks diffrent, the values stay unchanged. That not only happens in MT4, in Matlab or any other programm too.

It must be done so (that is the only way how variable values can be placed in a fixed size sub-window)

You say it

mladen:

Fib envelopes can not repaint (the code of calculating it is very simple and there is no code part that can cause any repainting - the "past values changing")

So, it is safe to be used in a normal non repainting way

Yes. That is why I always check in data window

But all that is not repainting, isn't it?

morro:
But all that is not repainting, isn't it?

No, it is not repainting

Hi mrtools & mladen,

I am wondering if this indicator can be corrected as it repaints currently... vqzl.mq4

Thanks in advance.

seerkat

Files:
vqzl.mq4  5 kb