Kase indicators

These are indicators from Kase StatWare

They have very little in common with the ones posted on the public part of the forum (will post comparison of those too) Wallander will remember the wondering about the 1.92 and 2.08 constants used. Well, these have nothing of a sort.

First the peak oscillator

Parameters :
kpoDeviations-> deviations to use in calculation

kpoShortCycle-> starting position to calculate values

kpoLongCycle-> ending position to calculate values

kpoSensitivity-> sensitivity modifier used to calculate values

allPeaksMode-> this one needs an explanation
On a lot of pictures showing Kase peak oscillator, every peak is marked regardless of its value compared to deviations. If you turn the allPeaksMode to true, it will work that way, but, frankly, I do not like that mode. See the comparison of the two modes

Also, the way peaks are determined must be explained here. It is marked using the last 3 bars. If the middle one of the 3 is "peaking" than it is marked. It means that if the oscillator is showing the peak in the previous bar, it can be changed (repainted). So the scope of repainting is predictable. If the peak bar is 2nd bar (first closed bar) it can be repainted. Once it becomes the 3rd bar or older there will be no repainting

The question is if it can be usable the way it is calculated. Answer is dual : sometimes it is god damn good even with repainting ad sometimes it is not. Anyway, do not rely on the peaks only, but use the rest of the info the indicator is showing

Difference compared to the "public version" is significant (not just for the "extra lines" but value wise too, see the comparison - upper is this version and lower is the "public version")

Kase CD

Kase CD (where CD means convergence / divergence) In short it is one kind of MACD of basic Kase oscillator values

Parameters :
kpoShortCycle-> starting position to calculate values

kpoLongCycle-> ending position to calculate values

kpoSensitivity-> sensitivity modifier used to calculate values

You will notice that in this version there are no deviations line. I decided to keep it as close to original I can, hence no deviations lines in this one
Files:
kase_cd.gif  17 kb
kase_cd.mq4  4 kb

Kase permission stochastic

This is a rather interesting version of stochastic. It think that there is no need to explain the way signals should be interpreted

Parameters :

pstLength-> stochastic calculation length

pstX-> displacement in bars used to calculate stochastic

pstSmooth-> smooth coefficient used to EMA smooth the resulting stochastic

Kase permission

This is in fact Kase permission stochastic made as bars instead of lines.

Parameters :
pstLength-> stochastic calculation length

pstX-> displacement in bars used to calculate stochastic

pstSmooth-> smooth coefficient used to EMA smooth the resulting stochastic

:)

There are severeal differences :
The biggest difference is where the basic "momentum" comes from. In the "public" one data is taken linearly from current bar to the last bar specified by the period. In this one, the first one is the "shortCycle" bar and the last one is the "longCycle" bar and only that data is used along with average momentum to calculate what is later used for oscillator.

The "shortCycle" (or the omission of the first shortCycle values in one part of calculation) is an interesting idea and it seems that for some reasons it makes it more responsive to current price changes (the value of the oscillator itself) As a result it is obvious that the "public" version is showing peaks at places almost wrong compared to this version and it is, in cases of "major" moves, is considerably lagging in zero line crosses

Along with some "tricks" (using logarithm in order to make a sort of normalization) it more or less makes a fair job of standardizing values without the 2.08 and 1.92 mumbo-jumbo constant calculation

Those constants were the one that actually were bugging me. I could not believe that anything fairly serious (and the team around Kase can be called anything but "not serious") can have that kind of voodoo. So this one does not have the voodoo any more

Walander:
Ahhh,

The infamous Cynthia Kase Indicators.

May I ask, what is the significant differences between the public and private calculation?

Cheers,
Files:

Qwerky idea, is it possible to code a "Kase DSS Permission" indicator?

Walander,

Sorry, only now saw the question (mea culpa, me maxima culpa)

I like the idea and will try to make it

regards

mladen

Walander:
Qwerky idea, is it possible to code a "Kase DSS Permission" indicator?

Great,

Look forward to reading the code.

Cheers,

Not a DSS, but a smoother Kase permission stochastic _________________________

Instead of using simple moving average in the final step of smoothing (as in the original) using two new "flavors" for that final smoothing : one more average smoothed and Jurik smoothed (so all the tastes are "covered" ) Even if these are replacing a simple moving average with SMA period only 2 and the replacements are using period 10, crosses are not lagging compared to the original and we are getting considerably smoother values.
One more average smoothed compared to the original

Jurik smoothed compared to the original

And the two compared

Hi Mladen,

Is Kase DevStop in Kase StatWare same as the one available in the public forum: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173458/page2 ? Thanks.

Nah, it is not ...

Here is one that does as described
regards

mladen

biddick:
Hi Mladen, Is Kase DevStop in Kase StatWare same as the one available in the public forum: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173458/page2 ? Thanks.
Files: