Manual backtest EA

Hi guys,

Before i start coding, i would like to ask if there an EA out there which will allow us to manually trade in backtest environment for studying purpose. For example, the EA allow us to manually place an open entry/stop loss/take profit line.

thank you and best regards

DraGon504

Strategy Tester Is Automated

You can't do anything manual with Strategy Tester; everything is automated. I suppose if you want something to start with - try MACD Sample.

Use Trading Simulators

DraGon504:
Hi guys,

Before i start coding, i would like to ask if there an EA out there which will allow us to manually trade in backtest environment for studying purpose. For example, the EA allow us to manually place an open entry/stop loss/take profit line.

thank you and best regards

DraGon504

Hi DraGon,

You can use Trading Simulators to practice manual trading and you can add Trailing Stop/Take Profit scripts to add to the chart for your exits.

You control the speed of the bars/candles, stop it to Buy/Sell, then let it run to see how your strategies work.

The TS/TP scripts will semi-automate your TP, but you may find doing it manually on the Trade Simulator will work just as well as you learn and practice your strategies.

Do a search on TSD and Google to find both the Trading Simulators and the TS/TP scripts. I like the LFH Trading Simulator, and there was one or two other Trading Simulators posted here recently.

Hope this helps,

Robert

CodeMeister

- that is not ture because if you can program it can be done. check metaclick1 EA. you can do manual trading via backtest env.

cosmiclifeform

- Thank you for sharing the script information. i have bought the EA (metaclick1) which allows you to manually trade in backtest with graphic control but i wanted some more flexibility and decided to build my own so later on i can semi automate my trading.

I do this sort of thing all the time on a trading simulator I bought some time ago. Personally I feel more confident with a program that lets me trade automatically or manually, step through the code one bar or even one tick at a time and even back up and try a trade a different way. It's a great way to get a solid feel for the dynamics of the market without the risk of real live trading.