Requests & Ideas - page 372

protrade:
Hi Mladen, Don’t know how far you got with the Ilan stoch request yet but I am currently looking at your EMA Cross 3.2 EA and I’d like to use it without TP and SL. Can you add a parameter to base it purely on EMA cross signals? It would open a long order when the short EMA crosses up the long EMA and close the long order and immediately open a short order when the short EMA crosses down the long EMA, and vice versa. To limit whipsaws, can you add a time filter too please? Don’t know how the Trend EMA parameter will work with this simple method but if it's going to interfere can there be an option to turn it off if setting it to zero does not already turn it off? Thanks.

protrade

If you are looking for an ema cross EA, why don't you use any of the macd based EAs? Since MACD is a difference of two emas, whenever the macd crosses 0 it is when short EMA crosses long EMA

PS: the name of that EA is somewhat misleading : it is not using just EMA crosses but also uses the slopes of 4 time frame EMAs (5,15,30 minutes and 1 hour EMAs) so it is a sort of a multi time frame EA (can not be tested reliably since it uses current bar for crosses - it will produce results that are "too good")

Hello Mladen;

Just i wonder will it be possible?

Best Regards

tomitom06:
Mladen,

I do not know, just i wanted to show you what i mean. About third value, you are master. please put something to see it

Best Regards

tomitom06:
Hello Mladen;

Just i wonder will it be possible?

Best Regards

tomitom06

No. It can not be done the way you drawn it. We can not invent some third value that will be there to allow us perfect mirroring if there is no math background for that. And there is none (not even adding some average of the forecaster - in which case it would look completely different than that image)

mladen:
protrade

If you are looking for an ema cross EA, why don't you use any of the macd based EAs? Since MACD is a difference of two emas, whenever the macd crosses 0 it is when short EMA crosses long EMA

PS: the name of that EA is somewhat misleading : it is not using just EMA crosses but also uses the slopes of 4 time frame EMAs (5,15,30 minutes and 1 hour EMAs) so it is a sort of a multi time frame EA (can not be tested reliably since it uses current bar for crosses - it will produce results that are "too good")

Thanks for clarifying Mladen. So since the principle is the same as MACD, if I manually trade with the indicator “averages MACD - mtf & alerts+divergence” I can automate it and get pretty much the same results from the EA “universalMAAveragesCross_Ea” which uses the same 16 averages?

protrade:
Thanks for clarifying Mladen. So since the principle is the same as MACD, if I manually trade with the indicator “averages MACD - mtf & alerts+divergence” I can automate it and get pretty much the same results from the EA “universalMAAveragesCross_Ea” which uses the same 16 averages?

No

What I told is that if you wish to trade EMA crosses then MACD based EA would do

But please read the PS part of my post too - it is explained there what else is used in that EA

mladen:
No

What I told is that if you wish to trade EMA crosses then MACD based EA would do

But please read the PS part of my post too - it is explained there what else is used in that EA

Ok I won't experiment with that EMA Cross 3.2 EA because that's not what I want. Which EA do you recommend based on multiple user defined moving averages that can stop and reverse its trade on the same bar to catch sudden massive movements?

protrade:
Ok I won't experiment with that EMA Cross 3.2 EA because that's not what I want. Which EA do you recommend based on multiple user defined moving averages that can stop and reverse its trade on the same bar to catch sudden massive movements?

protrade

Did you check this thread (just for start) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

mladen:
protrade Did you check this thread (just for start) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Yeah I did but I am having trouble understanding some of the exit parameters because to me they seem to be contradicting each other.

StopAndReverse (default true)

If set to TRUE, will exit any trade and reverse position when signal change.

It says here signal change instead of cross. Does it mean EMA cross or slope change?

PureSAR (default false)

If set to TRUE, will use no Stop Loss - Take Profit - and Trailing Stop. This is always in play setting.

What does “in play” setting mean? And what does this do if you already have TP, SL and TS set to zero. I’m thinking it’s unnecessary if you already have the three mentioned parameters set to zero.

ver.7.2 ExitOnCross (default false)

If set to TRUE, will exit any trade if there is an opposite cross without consider any additional filter. So exit purely base on moving average cross.

This seems to be exactly what I want because it says exit on “opposite cross”. It didn’t say signal change here as opposed to the StopAndReverse description. That being said, if it exits on the opposite signal cross, do I need to have StopAndReverse set to true as well for the EA to open the opposite trade? So by saying “signal change” in one description and “opposite cross” in the other, it sounds confusing because I’m not sure if the author means the same thing and is just using the terms interchangeably, or if signal and cross are two separate things altogether.

mladen:
protrade Did you check this thread (just for start) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general
mladen:

Yeah I did but I am having trouble understanding some of the exit parameters because to me they seem to be contradicting each other.

StopAndReverse (default true)

If set to TRUE, will exit any trade and reverse position when signal change.

It says here signal change instead of cross. Does it mean EMA cross or slope change?

PureSAR (default false)

If set to TRUE, will use no Stop Loss - Take Profit - and Trailing Stop. This is always in play setting.

What does “in play” setting mean? And what does this do if you already have TP, SL and TS set to zero. I’m thinking it’s unnecessary if you already have the three mentioned parameters set to zero.

ver.7.2 ExitOnCross (default false)

If set to TRUE, will exit any trade if there is an opposite cross without consider any additional filter. So exit purely base on moving average cross.

This seems to be exactly what I want because it says exit on “opposite cross”. It didn’t say signal change here as opposed to the StopAndReverse description. That being said, if it exits on the opposite signal cross, do I need to have StopAndReverse set to true as well for the EA to open the opposite trade? So by saying “signal change” in one description and “opposite cross” in the other, it sounds confusing because I’m not sure if the author means the same thing and is just using the terms interchangeably, or if signal and cross are two separate things altogether.

Okay Mladen, I assumed that there is allready a line and its code and there will be second mirror line will draw with the same rules but inverse(mirror) and it is simple. Ofcourse i have no knowledge about coding. Now i see that it is not like how i am thinking. Thank you for your effort.

Best Regards

mladen:
tomitom06 No. It can not be done the way you drawn it. We can not invent some third value that will be there to allow us perfect mirroring if there is no math background for that. And there is none (not even adding some average of the forecaster - in which case it would look completely different than that image)