Requests & Ideas - page 184

Osma multi based on slope

HELLO MLADEN,

Please can you kindly create another version of this 10 in 1 HISTOGRAM.( FROM POST 1347 )

THIS NEW ONE SHOULD BE BASED ON POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE SLOPE AND NOT ABOVE OR BELOW THE ZERO ( 0 ) LINE.

tanjy:
Hi Mrtools, Thanks for helping to code the EA. I am doing a few backtest on it now and also forward testing on range bar charts. Will update if it works well for range bars. Btw, is it possible for you to also include stoploss, takeprofit, trailing stop in the EA as well? Many thanks in advance~

Hi Tanjy,

This version has stop loss,trailing stop, and take profit along with a lot of other stuff(time filter, no trade on Fri. filter,auto magic,no hedge for U.S.brokers,etc) As far as working on off line charts have not been able to figure out how to get an Ea to do that or if it is possible(it probably is, just don't know how yet)

Files:

mrtools:
Hi Tanjy, This version has stop loss,trailing stop, and take profit along with a lot of other stuff(time filter, no trade on Fri. filter,auto magic,no hedge for U.S.brokers,etc) As far as working on off line charts have not been able to figure out how to get an Ea to do that or if it is possible(it probably is, just don't know how yet)

Hi Mrtools. Thanks for the new version. I was backtesting a little on normal charts using this new version and it seems that sometimes it doesnt open a trade when it closed the previous one. The previous version on the other hand was working well, as in it really open orders on the 2nd red and green bars on backtesting while closing the previous orders. I was also forward testing this afternoon on offline range bars using the previous version and seems to be doing gd. It seems that trades were always opened on the 2nd red or green bar while closing the previous trade. I will forward test this new version and update.

tanjy:
Hi Mrtools. Thanks for the new version. I was backtesting a little on normal charts using this new version and it seems that sometimes it doesnt open a trade when it closed the previous one. The previous version on the other hand was working well, as in it really open orders on the 2nd red and green bars on backtesting while closing the previous orders. I was also forward testing this afternoon on offline range bars using the previous version and seems to be doing gd. It seems that trades were always opened on the 2nd red or green bar while closing the previous trade. I will forward test this new version and update.

Tanjy, when a trade is closed either stop loss,trailing stop, or take profit the Ea will not take a new trade until you get a new candle color.In the picture is a backtest with all the trailing, stop losses, and take profits = 0, it works like the other version.

Files:

mrtools:
Tanjy, when a trade is closed either stop loss,trailing stop, or take profit the Ea will not take a new trade until you get a new candle color.In the picture is a backtest with all the trailing, stop losses, and take profits = 0, it works like the other version.

Hmm this is weird. I am backtesting with tp, sl and trailing all at 200 pips and it seems to take on buy trades at the beginning of the test but further on it begins to take sell trades only (see figures below). Meanwhile in my forwardtesting a buy trade just hit sl and sell trade opened. Will see how it goes. Maybe somethings just wrong with my mt4 strategy tester

Files:
example.jpg  215 kb
example_2.jpg  212 kb

Post 1835

HELLO MLADEN,

Just to remind you of my request in post 1835, thanks in advance.

Hi. I have a version of VQ Bars that was taken from the regular forum but somehow it does not match coding parameters as the VQ Histo Mtf as there seems to be an extra input or so. I've re-attached the VQ Histo Mtf as well as VQ Bars.

volatilityqualitybars.mq4

volatilityqualityzerolinehistoalerts.mq4

Would someone help code a version of VQ Bars in Mtf that would match the VQ Histo Mtf in Advanced Elite. Thank you!

rayphua:
Hi. I have a version of VQ Bars that was taken from the regular forum but somehow it does not match coding parameters as the VQ Histo Mtf as there seems to be an extra input or so. I've re-attached the VQ Histo Mtf as well as VQ Bars.

volatilityqualitybars.mq4

volatilityqualityzerolinehistoalerts.mq4

Would someone help code a version of VQ Bars in Mtf that would match the VQ Histo Mtf in Advanced Elite. Thank you!

Hi Rayphua,

This is the bar version of the VQ zero line its multi time frame with alerts on color change.

Thanks Mr. Tools! Any possibility of converting that to candle version, so i can see the wicks?

And adding the option of color changes when slope changes which is available in the histogram version?

Thank you!

rayphua:
Thanks Mr. Tools! Any possibility of converting that to candle version, so i can see the wicks?

And adding the option of color changes when slope changes which is available in the histogram version?

Thank you!

Rayphua,

Converted it to candle version, and added the option of color change on slope change but only on the candle bodies. Wasn't enough buffers for color change on wicks also.First picture is histo on slope = false, Second is histo on slope = true, by default left the bars the same color, on the slope version, its just not as thick.