Requests & Ideas - page 56

Odysseus

Here is the version that uses phase accumulation now

It gives interesting results. Default parameters (number of cycles for fast and slow macd ema calculation are roughly giving similar (just similar since it is adaptive, we can not get the same results) as the original). But probably some experimenting needs to be done. Here is an example of a 1 and 2 cycles (instead of 0.5 and 1) bb macd as just one quick experiment with speeds of calculation.
It seems that the adapting is working well since it smooths it nicely in the "slow" market periods and reacts quickly in the volatile market periods (which is the goal of adapting after all )

regards

Mladen

odysseus11:
Hi Mladen, many thanks for your newest bbMACD indi with MTF and adjustable arrow visible and symbol settings, and I have one request:

existing period lengths are not bad, but could you optimize further by creating a Phase Accumulation variant and an Adaptive LookBack period variant?

That would be amazing! Thanks again!

Odysseus

Here you go
regards

Mladen

brax64:
Hi Mladen,

I know that you're pretty busy with projects way more important than this, but if you find 10 minutes of your precious time, could you please modify the Elliot oscillator - waves 1.01 posted here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page21

So it can have different color of the histogram (now only light blue) above/below zero.

I've tried myself without got it...

Your help will be really appreciated

Best Regards

brax64

Hi mladen,

Could you change the dots with diamonds when they are out of the bands

mladen:
Odysseus

Here is the version that uses phase accumulation now

It gives interesting results. Default parameters (number of cycles for fast and slow macd ema calculation are roughly giving similar (just similar since it is adaptive, we can not get the same results) as the original). But probably some experimenting needs to be done. Here is an example of a 1 and 2 cycles (instead of 0.5 and 1) bb macd as just one quick experiment with speeds of calculation.
It seems that the adapting is working well since it smooths it nicely in the "slow" market periods and reacts quickly in the volatile market periods (which is the goal of adapting after all )

regards

Mladen

Thanks a lot Mladen!

Best Regards

brax64

mladen:
Here you go
regards Mladen

Hi Mladen,

Do you have any suggest for Schaff Trend Cycle Indis because I'm currently researching about it and have to admit that it's quite useful if we can utilize it.

Thanks

Hi Mladen,

I'm here to bother you again...

I've modified the BBmacd nrp to get labels to show the values bigger, 'cause I'm a little blind and the regular font on the top left corner of the indicator window, it's very difficult to read for me.

My goal was actually to have the bbmacd label (see picture attached) changing color when it is above the upper band (Green) in between the bands (DimGray) and below the lower band (Crimson); it can help me a lot when the dots are very close to the bands.

After I got to print the label I'm not able to get the final step of changing colors; could you kindly help me on that?

I don't like to use the arrows 'cause I've already other indicators that are painting symbols and dots on the chart; so this mod can help me to keep the chart uncluttered.

Best Regards

brax64

brax64

Here you go

Added some things (parameters to control colors as an input, unified the labels with arrows (identifier) in order to allow multiple indicators on a same chart without overwriting each others labels, and made it a separate procedure, so it can easily be located and changed)

here is an example of 2 bb macds on a same chart (just set the arrowsIdentifier to unique value - that ID is used for labels as well as for arrows)
PS: removed the default 15 minute from the time frame in order to make it "undefined" by default (I think it is a bit more suitable that way for an average user) so you will have to revert it to 15 minute in the code in order to work as the one you posted

regards

Mladen

brax64:
Hi Mladen,

I'm here to bother you again...

I've modified the BBmacd nrp to get labels to show the values bigger, 'cause I'm a little blind and the regular font on the top left corner of the indicator window, it's very difficult to read for me.

My goal was actually to have the bbmacd label (see picture attached) changing color when it is above the upper band (Green) in between the bands (DimGray) and below the lower band (Crimson); it can help me a lot when the dots are very close to the bands.

After I got to print the label I'm not able to get the final step of changing colors; could you kindly help me on that?

I don't like to use the arrows 'cause I've already other indicators that are painting symbols and dots on the chart; so this mod can help me to keep the chart uncluttered.

Best Regards

brax64

cukecvn

I think that these documents were posted already (at least the "Schaff code", I am not sure about the "Catching the currency moves" document), but re-posting them here. Those are originals document from Doug Schaff in which he explains more about the indicator itself (after all, who could do better explanation than the inventor him self ).

regards

Mladen

cukecvn:
Hi Mladen,

Do you have any suggest for Schaff Trend Cycle Indis because I'm currently researching about it and have to admit that it's quite useful if we can utilize it.

Thanks
Files:

mladen:
cukecvn

I think that these documents were posted already (at least the "Schaff code", I am not sure about the "Catching the currency moves" document), but re-posting them here. Those are originals document from Doug Schaff in which he explains more about the indicator itself (after all, who could do better explanation than the inventor him self ).

regards

Mladen

Thanks Mladen, btw could you do me a favour? since I'm not a coder could you give up sometime to build a SCT indicator so I can see it more visually.

Regards

cukecvn:
Thanks Mladen, btw could you do me a favour? since I'm not a coder could you give up sometime to build a SCT indicator so I can see it more visually. Regards

Google "Schaff mq4"