Free Grid Trading, The New Grid EA - page 10

JamalJohnson:
Hey Thorup,

Can you pull the floating center guts out, and use the midline of price channel instead as a center. Make the Pchannel period and shift accessible through expert properties.

Place buy orders under the midline during ranging market

Place sell orders above the midline during ranging market

Place buy orders on the grid During bullish trends (above the top line which is only possible with "Pchannel" "shift")

Place sell orders on the grid During bullish (i meant bearish) trends (below the bottom line which is only possible with "Pchannel" "shift")

ALso

Any better ideas on how to mitigate the adverse moment during the transition from ranging to trending market?

Jamal

jama you said

Place buy orders under the midline during ranging market

Place sell orders above the midline during ranging market

Place buy orders on the grid During bullish trends (above the top line which is only possible with "Pchannel" "shift")

Place sell orders on the grid During bullish (i meant bearish) trends (below the bottom line which is only possible with "Pchannel" "shift")

can you show us few screen capture -- to tell us what you meant

when I got the indicator, all I see in 2 blue line -- dunno how to ENTER at all

Try this version with "shift" parameter.

I actually wonder if it will work at all.

Thanks for your interest.

Jamal

nothing special just generate a decent steady income .

thanks

looks nice

Best indicators for grid trading?

Hi guys,

For the past few weeks I have been developing a grid trading EA. It is incomplete at the moment, otherwise I'd post it. Basically the way it works is this (in a M15 period):

1. Use an indicator or combination of indicators to find a sideways market (no trading during trending periods).

2. Create a "frame" around the price; for example 0.5% above the price and 0.5% below the price.

3. Trade WITHIN the frame as long as the indicator shows that no serious trending is going on.

4. If the price leaves the frame, hedge with the same currency to freeze the losses.

5. Goto 1

At the moment the only indicator that I am using to determine if the market is sideways-enough is Alligator. I enter when the mouth is closed.

Am I right to think that this indicates a sideways market?

What other indicators would be useful?

I need an indicator that would determine a good size for my frame; so that the size of the frame coincides with pivot points of the market.

I was thinking of using one of the many RL/SL indicators out there for the frame size. Any suggestions?

I wanted to edit my post but since this forum doesn't allow it I will just post it here. It is the same question as above but more direct..

I am developing a grid-based EA and I am looking for indicators to help me enter the market during non-trending (at least, not strongly) spans of time.

The perfect situation for my EA to enter would be when the market is oscillating between two points but not breaking out through them.

If the price does break through one of the points (say, point A), I'd like some way to determine if it is going to retrace back to point B or if it will leave the zone of oscillation for good.

At the moment I am using only one indicator; Alligator. I only enter the market when the jaws are closed; that should signal that no strong trending is occurring (or am I wrong about that?).

I would like another indicator to confirm that the market is sideways.... or better yet an indicator that would tell me between which points oscillation is occurring and how strong those pivot points are.

I did a little bit of research on various indicator, and the following indicators caught my eye as potentially useful for my purposes:

Shaff Trend Cycle (similar to MACD)

CP Volumetric Trend (responds to deviation in volume from standard; grows at turning points)

Linear Regression Trendline

Range Indicator

What do you guys think - do any of those indicators make sense to use? Got any favorites that would suit this purpose?

I wanted to edit my post but since this forum doesn't allow it I will just post it here. It is the same question as above but more direct..

I am developing a grid-based EA and I am looking for indicators to help me enter the market during non-trending (at least, not strongly) spans of time.

The perfect situation for my EA to enter would be when the market is oscillating between two points but not breaking out through them.

If the price does break through one of the points (say, point A), I'd like some way to determine if it is going to retrace back to point B or if it will leave the zone of oscillation for good.

At the moment I am using only one indicator; Alligator. I only enter the market when the jaws are closed; that should signal that no strong trending is occurring (or am I wrong about that?).

I would like another indicator to confirm that the market is sideways.... or better yet an indicator that would tell me between which points oscillation is occurring and how strong those pivot points are.

I did a little bit of research on various indicator, and the following indicators caught my eye as potentially useful for my purposes:

CP Volumetric Trend (responds to deviation in volume from standard; grows at turning points)

Range Indicator

What do you guys think - do any of those indicators make sense to use? Got any favorites that would suit this purpose?

Not totally understanding

Hi

I do not understand fully and deeply what you are looking for

But if you could explain deeper your needs and yrou goals, I could help you by coding something

rgds

John

similar to yours, I think...

mfurlend:

Range Indicator

I'm working on a similar strategy. I use Bollinger Bands, and two Envelopes to determine trending. When trending my EA uses one trading strategy and when not trending I use us a grid strategy.

When the dark blue and the dark red (slow Envelopes - 200MA/2Dev ) are between the light blue and the light red (fast Envelopes 15MA/2.5Dev ) I grid trade.

I use the Bollenger Bands (20MA/3Dev) to assist in judging support and resistance. What you see in this picture is for GBPUSD - 1HR.

Still fairly experimental and each pair seem to have their own settings for the 2 envelopes and bb.

sn

Files:

even better, if you search in this SITE

for an indicator that tells

in what price range -- it is currently ranging

and when the strong trend developed, it will show price OUTSIDE the bounds

I think it will be much better and this type of indicator does exist -- although setting is included, i.e. you can also assign what is the factor to decide that it is not ranging any more