Free Grid Trading, The New Grid EA - page 6

thorup:
And here I am again.

Finally figured the floating center version.

corrected and working much faster than the first floating version.

And may I add, the program has really increased in lines...

Adding MM = doubling, adding FIFO = doubling, adding Backtesting = doubling and then some...

Good luck gridtrading.

Aloha

Thorup

Many thanks Thorup and Daniel. Much appreciated.

Best wishes.

This is just what I have been trying to code.

Cheers

Beno

Need help.

I put the EA on Audnzd and Eurchf charts.

I am getting trades on the AudNZD chart, but no trades on the Eurchf chart.

I have rechecked the settings and they look good on the Eurchf.

The settings are the same as Audnzd except for the range, midpt, grid lines and TP.

There have been times the price has hit the gridlines.

Any suggestions?

I really like this EA and want to put it on a live account after demo testing.

Hello rb251,

Please use the EA on post #38, which is the latest available. Also bear in mind that the EA only works on 4 digit brokers at the moment. Please tell us what the comments on the upper left corner of the screen say so that we can tell you what the problem is. I tried this on the EUR/CHF with FXDD, which is a four digit broker, and it worked like it should. Please provide me with the comment information and I'll be able to tell you whats wrong. Also please check your Journal for errors and post them,

Thank you for your interest !

5 digit brokers

Your post #31 says this works for 5 digit. Here you say 4 digit. Which is correct?

Only one currencypair

rb251:
Need help.

I put the EA on Audnzd and Eurchf charts.

I am getting trades on the AudNZD chart, but no trades on the Eurchf chart.

I have rechecked the settings and they look good on the Eurchf.

The settings are the same as Audnzd except for the range, midpt, grid lines and TP.

There have been times the price has hit the gridlines.

Any suggestions?

I really like this EA and want to put it on a live account after demo testing.

I'm sorry to say, that u can only use daniels version on one currencypair, because of the global variable next_level. When ur first trade on AUDNZD sets a next_level, EURCHF won't trade until it reaches this next_level, which I doubt it will ever reach.

With this latest mod I've made, u can use the EA on multiple currencypairs, set ur own fixedcenter or use floating center, u can backtest and forwardtest at the same time, u can use MoneyManagement or not, u can choose FIFO option for US-brokers, and it is Market maker broker compatible.

Yours truly

Thorup

PS It won't open trades in a strong trend if u have the freely available Keltner2-indicator from forex-hope.com (zipped for ur convenience, along with another indicator and a template)

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the confusion, in fact the latest version does support five digit brokers. The problem is as thorup mentions, a global variable confusion problem, the EA should only be traded in forward or back testing and in only one currency pair on any given instance of metatrader. Trading several currency pairs will "confuse" the EA as the global variables will get written by both. So, you can only use one currency pair on each instance. Thank you Thorup for pointing that out. As far as Thorup's version goes I have not tested it and I cannot say if it works as mine or if it does not, anyone who can test it and contribute is welcome,

Thank you Daniel and Thorup.

That pretty much tells me what the problem is.

I will try Thorup's version in a couple of days.

EA taking shorts only?

Whilst I am the first to admit that I knew nothing about Grid Trading, I quickly searched your help Daniel for which I thank you again and also the Internet.

I also read the Posts regarding RoboMiner with special attention to the developer's instructions as to how one calculates the grid, etc.

However, I cannot find any suggestion that one should only trade shorts and yet this EA only trades shorts with great accuracy.

Any reason for this Daniel / Thorup?

Thanking you in advance.

Hello ValeoFX,

I certainly do not know what you mean. The newgrid EA trades both longs and shorts depending on where you are, below the grid line you only trade longs and above it you only trade shorts. I don't know what you mean by the EA taking only shorts, if you place the median line below the current price it will take only shorts and if you place it above only longs. It is a matter of how you define the median line and how far away you are from it.

I have tested with several settings on forward testing and both short and long trades are taken accurately as they should depending on where the median line is. Please do not trade this system if you don't know EXACTLY how it works or you certainly risk an account wipe out.

I am also a little bit concerned about people wanting to use this exactly as the robominer EA. Again I emphasize that grid trading is a dangerous strategy in the hands of inexperienced traders and wanting to trade the newgrid EA as a "set and forget" strategy will most surely produce an account wipeout, something which I have always said about the robominer EA, it is very blind to assume that a range will hold true even though fundamentals are now different and scream for a range extension, such as the case for the AUD/NZD pair. I would only consider trading long term ranges from the grid's extremes, after a positive reversal is confirmed, otherwise you just risk a range extension that will wipe your account.