Free Grid Trading, The New Grid EA - page 3

like to hear/see your testing outcome!

My experience with AUDNZD is that it can fall down from a strong uptrend very fast. Beautiful of grid trading is that open positions will be closed one after each other. Because of my work (consultant) I can't be at the screen the whole day. That's why grid trading with EURCHF and AUDNZD fits me well.

I know, every strategy has risks in it. Grid trading too.

It's a srategy for one of my acounts.

On the main account I trade manual with indicators.

Anyway, love to see this EA work fine.

If it does I will surely use it.

Martin

I have tested the AUD/NZD settings Martin suggested for a preliminary test and I got normal trading with order openings every 30 pips between grid lines. Please use the below EA which should give you a clearer idea if anything is wrong. Please check your log for any errors and post them here. As I say, I got trades opening just as they should so there should be nothing wrong with the EA.

I have modified the EA to add the following characteristics :

- Slippage can be now defined externally through the external variable "slip"

- The EA now displays a comment on the screen showing you the range to be traded, the closest grid line, grid separation in pips, number of grid lines, maximum number of trades and TP.

- The above comment will change when the EA reaches its maximum number of trades to "I am full".

I hope to hear about your results soon !

Files:
newgrid.mq4  4 kb

danielfppps:
I have tested the AUD/NZD settings Martin suggested for a preliminary test and I got normal trading with order openings every 30 pips between grid lines. Please use the below EA which should give you a clearer idea if anything is wrong. Please check your log for any errors and post them here. As I say, I got trades opening just as they should so there should be nothing wrong with the EA.

I have modified the EA to add the following characteristics :

- Slippage can be now defined externally through the external variable "slip"

- The EA now displays a comment on the screen showing you the range to be traded, the closest grid line, grid separation in pips, number of grid lines, maximum number of trades and TP.

- The above comment will change when the EA reaches its maximum number of trades to "I am full".

I hope to hear about your results soon !

newgrid with trailing profit..how does that sounds?

Starting to test with the new attached EA.

Will inform you about the results as soon as I have them.

Will also test it with another broker.

Current broker is ForexMeta.

Can it still only trade with 4 digits brokers?

Or should it also work with 5 digits brokers now?

Martin

The added comments in the left upper corner is great help to fine tune the parameters. Thanks for adding it!

Martin

Results so far are ok.

Hi Martin,

I am glad you are getting OK results. Your welcome for the comment, I figured out it would be very practical when trading the EA on a demo or live account. If you are interested I can add five digit broker support, that should be no problem. Right now the AUD/NZD may be reversing so it may be a good time to make a bet at the grid. Tell us how you do with that .

Lubex5,

Regarding your comment I am not sure if a trailing stop would be beneficial to an EA, certainly it will complicate order management so I'd rather keep it simple for now and if there is enough interest I may certainly try to test such features. Thank you for your comment though !

The results are as they should be according to the parameters.

The last days I played around with the settings of the parameters.

I guess that's the reason why I got more than 1 trade on the same price level (?).

Now it's time to keep the parameters stable and see what the EA does with the daily movements. Do I keep the multiple trades on the same price?????

Time will tell!

For some reason it's not working on my Varengold demo account: just no trades no matter what parameters I put in. It must be Varengold!

will keep you informed.

Are you trading with the EA too?

If so, what are your results?

5 digits will be welcome!

I love to have it run on my FXOpen environment and that's 5 digits.

Do you know more pairs that are in a good trading range?

The only ones I know are EURCHF and AUDNZD. Both because economy of both countries are almost the same.

Are there more?

The EA will open a trade on each grid line towards the median price but will only open one trade per grid line until a trade on a separate grid line is opened. That is, if grid line x is touched a trade is opened, if it is touched again, no trade is opened, however, if grid line x+1 is touched and then grid line x is touched again another trade is opened.

Daniel,

Could you please explain the above in more detail.

The way I use it gives me more trades on the same price level.

For now, I got 4 trades AUDNZD open on the same price of 1.2514

Distance between grid lines is 40, take profit is 27 and slip is 3

This means that the real TP point is 1.2487

The lowest point after the first buy was 1.2496

How should we deal with the parameters when we only want to open a new trade at the same point after the old one is closed?

Problem with most brokers is that you never know what the spread is (variable).

Thanks for your time.

Martin

Hello Martin,

I will now try to explain that in a little bit more detail. The EA will open a trade when the grid line is touched. If the grid line is touched again nothing happens. However, if price moves to a new grid line and an order is opened then a return to the previous grid line will cause another trade to be opened. That is, imagine price is moving around a grid line at 1.2514 it will only open one trade when it first touches the grid line, if it however moves to a grid line at 1.2550 and opens a trade, a new trade will be allowed to be opened at a retouching of 1.2514. Currently the EA does this, having it wait until the price gets to the TP before opening a new trade on the grid line would require modification of the code. I have found that the current approach is good enough, as you saw on the first post it gives 10 year profitable backtests on the EUR/CHF (however the open draw down exceeds 50% sometimes), again, grid trading should be done with extreme care.

I also attach a version that should work with both 4 and 5 digit brokers, I also changed the TP input, now you have to input the TP as the absolute price value, for example 0.00500 would equal 50 pips.

Files:
newgrid_1.mq4  4 kb