Free Grid Trading, The New Grid EA - page 2

Been testing the EA since today.

Will share my results one of these days here

Martin

About Trading Results...

In order for us to best use this trading tool please give the following detailed information once you test the EA :

• Which currency pair you chose
  • The exact parameters you used for trading
  • The time period in which you tested the EA
  • Why you chose the specific range and settings you decided to trade
  • The trading statement showing the trades taken by the EA

With this information, fellow traders will be able to examine the performance of the EA based on the criteria used to select the grid's range as well as the exact parameters used on the actual grid. Thank you all for your contributions, I am glad I have been able to help

Again, it is always prudent to tell people that grid systems ARE dangerous if traded without care. These systems should be used by an experienced trader to profit from a ranging market. If traded in a "set and forget" fashion any grid system WILL wipe your account in the long term. It always depends on the trader to know when to use grid trading and when NOT to.

Here is some information about my testing.

Broker: ForexMeta (4 digits)

Currency pair: EURCHF and AUDNZD

Time period: 1H

The exact parameters you used for trading:

- Lots: 0.1

- max_trades: 25

- grid_lines: 30

- rangeMid: 1.1697 (AUDUSD) and 1,5550 (EURCHF)

- grid_seperation: 0.001

- TP:40.0

Started yesterday evening and no trades so far.

Although AUDNZD had a low at 1.2460 and a high at 1.2549

For testing purpose I set the grid_seperation at 0.001

That should trigger some trades, I think.

Any idea why there is no trade made so far?

I'm a great fan of grid trading and I'm doing it manual for some time now on the EURCHF (low spread). AUDUSD is more volatile and therefore more interesting but has very high spreads with most brokers (20 pips or more).

Martin

Hello Martin,

The problem is very simple, since you chose such a low grid separation the actual range you are trading is pretty small. For example, you chose a median price of 1.5550 for the EUR/CHF, 30 grid lines and a 0.001 grid separation. This means that the EA will trade a range from 1.5550+0.030 to 1.5550-0.030 , this means that the actual grid is drawn from 1.5250 to 1.5850, the actual price of the EUR/CHF which is around 1.5099 is outside the grid. The same thing happens for the AUD/NZD. If you want it to trade at the current prices you should set the number of grid lines to a high enough value so that the prices fall into the grid. That is, increase the value of grid_lines to a larger number, such as 200. This will make the EA trade the current prices with the grid_separation you want. I hope this helps !

New settings:

Time period: 1H

Currency pair: EURCHF

Parameters

- Lots: 0.2

- grid_lines: 100

- rangeMid: 1,5550

- grid_seperation: 0.02

- TP:20.0

Currency pair: AUDNZD

Parameters

- Lots: 0.1

- grid_lines: 100

- rangeMid: 1.1697

- grid_seperation: 0.03

- TP:40.0

Does these parameters make more sense?

I'm not sure what the idea behind grid-Seperation is.

is that the range between two grid lines?

grid_seperation: 0.03 means that the next grid line is 30 pips away from the other.

With 100 grid_lines the total trading area is 100 * 30 pips is 3000 pips

Martin

You are right, grid_separation is the distance between different grid lines, as you say, the settings you have would generate a 6000 pip grid, 3000 above and 3000 below the median price. The grid_lines value indicates the number of grid lines above or below, the total number of grid lines on the grid with grid_lines = 100 would actually be 200. With your current settings you should start to see some trades. Have us updated on your results.

By the way, right now the fact that NZ is not pulling its interest rates up while AU is doing so is creating an economic gap which will likely breach the currently established range if NZ keeps its current stand. I think it would be unwise to trade this pair at the moment using a grid trading system.

By the way, right now the fact that NZ is not pulling its interest rates up while AU is doing so is creating an economic gap which will likely breach the currently established range if NZ keeps its current stand. I think it would be unwise to trade this pair at the moment using a grid trading system.

Is true but when we follow the idea behind Robominer this cap will solve itself because AUDNZD will always return toe the center point of the chart (around 1.17). Which means a specific period of time with a draw down on the account.

History so far tells us it will get back to the center. Mainly because both countries always follow each other (with a cap in time)

I know this is no guarantee for the future but there are wise lessons in the past.

Martin

Ok make sense!

AUDNZD made two trade last night.

One sell at 1.2495 with a TP at 1.2455

Another sell on 1.2595 with a TP at 1.2555

It's strange that, with the current settings, there are 100 pips between the two trades.

I would expect 30 pips with grid_seperation set on 0.03

Also strange (for me) that the 100 pips is exactly the number specified in grid_lines

I have also started to test your same settings, I will get back to you later today with any solution to the problems you may be getting with the EA. I am glad the EA has made new trades, please check your log to see if the EA missed any trades because of any error/problem that was not apparent in backtesting.

Regarding the AUD/NZD sure, the range may hold but trading against the trend right now seems a little bit naive. Why would you want to take trades against such a strong movement ? The best thing to do would be to wait for a bounce from the top of the range, then put the EA to work in the return towards the center. It is never safe to assume the EA will bounce when it is trending upward. It is better to assume it will return to median price once it has bounced.

I think good pair it's EurUsr for testing...