Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 31

settings

kaveh:
Dear masps

Let's start with these concepts.

1-Add Time Filter to your EA. sometimes this system works better at 8-10CET

2-Enter position

2-1-Price Up or down Big Trend.

2-2-The color of Big Trend should be the same.

2-3-The color of Henkin Ashi smooth be the same.

2-4-MACD and Stochastic be the same too.

2-5-Probability up to %35.

3-Exit

3-1-Trial Stop

3-2-Fix Pips

4-Stoploss

4-1-10 TO 15 PIPS

All this functions should be different so we need to set it before Trade. your stop and limit should be hidden since Brokers want to eat them.

Kaveh

Settings please

Orlando

lordorly:
Settings please Orlando

It should be coded first ,and then i can optimize it for best profit.

kaveh

triger trade only when the trend changes

masps:
I did a little change to the EA to call the HA indicator according to the new settings given by LordFx in his template. Those settings seems to be the most profitables, BUT I noticed that if you activate the trailing stop and the trailing gets hit, the EA will keep opening trades one after another if the HA haven't change direction yet, and I don't know how to fix that.

I think this is detrimental for the EA performance because it can keep opening long trades at the top of an uptrend and short positions at the end of a downtrend. The EA should work in a way that if a trade get stopout in profit by the trailing stop, it should wait till the next HA signal to enter a new trade.

As I said I don't know how to fix it, please can you or someone here who knows little programming try to fix this? so we can test the Ea better.

I am attaching the Ea with the new HA settings fixed and the indicator for the EA to work.

Thanks

Hellow Masps,

First of all, thank you for your great contribution to this thread.

I think the logic should be, the EA should open trades only when the trend changes from long to short or vise verse.

So you need one more previous bar to determine the trend change:

double HAOpen2 = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"Heiken Ashi Ma T3 new", MaPeriod,MaMetod,Step,BetterFormula,T3Average,T3Hot,T3Original,2,Current + 2);

double HAClose2 =iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"Heiken Ashi Ma T3 new", MaPeriod,MaMetod,Step,BetterFormula,T3Average,T3Hot,T3Original,3,Current + 2);

Now the trigger condition should be:

if(TradingTime != "Outside Trading Times" && (HADirection == "Long" || HADirection == "Not Used") && HAOpen2 > HAClose2) TradeTrigger = "Open Long";

if(TradingTime != "Outside Trading Times" && (HADirection == "Short" || HADirection == "Not Used") && HAOpen2 < HAClose2) TradeTrigger = "Open Short";

The exit condition should not change:

close short when HADirection is long

close long when HADirection is short

I am not a programmer, but hope this helps.

Thanks ryiming, I will give it a try! I will let you know if it works that way... thanks again.

ryiming:
Hellow Masps,

First of all, thank you for your great contribution to this thread.

I think the logic should be, the EA should open trades only when the trend changes from long to short or vise verse.

So you need one more previous bar to determine the trend change:

double HAOpen2 = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"Heiken Ashi Ma T3 new", MaPeriod,MaMetod,Step,BetterFormula,T3Average,T3Hot,T3Original,2,Current + 2);

double HAClose2 =iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"Heiken Ashi Ma T3 new", MaPeriod,MaMetod,Step,BetterFormula,T3Average,T3Hot,T3Original,3,Current + 2);

Now the trigger condition should be:

if(TradingTime != "Outside Trading Times" && (HADirection == "Long" || HADirection == "Not Used") && HAOpen2 > HAClose2) TradeTrigger = "Open Long";

if(TradingTime != "Outside Trading Times" && (HADirection == "Short" || HADirection == "Not Used") && HAOpen2 < HAClose2) TradeTrigger = "Open Short";

The exit condition should not change:

close short when HADirection is long

close long when HADirection is short

I am not a programmer, but hope this helps.

Yes, it works! Now the EA open positions the way it should do, only one trade per direction, I mean the Ea will open a trade everytime the HA change color and give a signal, and if the stoploss or trailing stops gets hit, the EA will not open another trade until the HA has given a new signal in opposite direction.

Now what we have to see if is this strategy works or not!

I will be forward testing the EA in my demo account on eur/usd and gbp/usd and I will sharing with you guys the results and which are the best settings, and I encourage every body to do the same so we can all share ideas, settings, etc. Please, forward test in demo, no backtesting.

I am attaching the new EA with settings according to those given by Lordsfx system. Attach Ea to expert folder and the indicator to expert/indicator folder, and then attach Ea to your 10 min offline renko chart.

Please, feel free to play with settings to test which one are the best ones and then post your results :-)

Thanks everybody,

Thanks Lordsfx,

Thanks ryiming, for all the contributions.

Sorry, coming in late in the discussion, i am missing lot's of info prior testing this ea. Is the ea be attach to any chart or the offline renko chart? Do i need to setup a template? What block size and wich renko scrip or indics should be use? Wich are the best pairs?

Great work masps / Lordsfx and all who have worked on this!!!!!! This is so exciting. I am at work now and can't wait to get home to try it out.

GreatYves:
Sorry, coming in late in the discussion, i am missing lot's of info prior testing this ea. Is the ea be attach to any chart or the offline renko chart? Do i need to setup a template? What block size and wich renko scrip or indics should be use? Wich are the best pairs?

Yes, attach the EA to your renko offline chart and for the template and the settings check the last post from Lordfx to get the last template, settings and the new renko script for this strategy. It is a 10 pips renko block size. The best pairs I think are gbp/usd and eur/usd but he I think he said the other main pairs are good also, but I haven't test them yet, just euro and gbp.

masps:
Yes, attach the EA to your renko offline chart and for the template and the settings check the last post from Lordfx to get the last template, settings and the new renko script for this strategy. It is a 10 pips renko block size. The best pairs I think are gbp/usd and eur/usd but he I think he said the other main pairs are good also, but I haven't test them yet, just euro and gbp.

Thanks a lot for kind answer. I try it now.

Manual testing

For those who are using the manual system, what are your experiences/results thus far?

This thread seems to be in danger of the usual indicator envy and "hey lets make an EA out of this" which eventually starts to dominate the thread with all the EA errors and "how do I get this to work" type questions. I don't want to come off as negative but we all know that 99.99% of all EA's end up in the EA rubbish bin. I would rather learn how to trade consistently than waste my time running around looking for a magic holy grail EA that simply doesn't exist. Sorry, I know this is not what some of you want to hear but this is the hard cold truth. Then again this could be the one in a million - good luck.

I'm a huge fan of Renko bricks and the manual system does seem to go some ways towards addressing the primary issue of losses experienced during times of sideways chop and consistent brick reversals. From visually back testing it seems that quite a degree of discretion still comes into when deciding how long to stay in a losing trade before bailing. Blindly following the current entry/exit rules will lead to losses as from what I can see - the long runs won't be enough to cover everything. But then again this is still a work in progress. Just my thoughts.