Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1364

US government almost down Combined effect : we shall see tonight

eurofreek:
Italian government down. There will be a gap tonight

I was already short on the Italian stock market from Wednesday, now I'm curious to see how EurUsd will react.

When you say agovernment is down, I like to know what you mean by it and what it implies in a broader term

drunkpips:
When you say agovernment is down, I like to know what you mean by it and what it implies in a broader term

This what it means : Italian government breaks up after Berlusconi pulls out ministers | Reuters

Price could upgap and rally then ?

NFP and rates wk though, so anything could happen

If it was only Italy then the price should gap down. But since US weekend news are equally bad, there is a chance that they compensate each other, in which cas there will be no significant gap at all

According to Bloomberg data 50 pips gap down at a moment (rate for EURUSD is 1.3473 at the time of writing this post)

mladen:
According to Bloomberg data 50 pips gap down at a moment (rate for EURUSD is 1.3473 at the time of writing this post)

Considering all, that is a significant gap. Probably the US news are taken as a political joke (again)

this gap is quite significant, imagine ej,eu etc gapping down, mtchew

They are already closing the gap - here is the current state :

If they continue like that, by the time the market opens on majority of brokers chances are that there will be no gap at all

Files:
gap.gif  41 kb