Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator - page 36

new develop

chartwalker:
If indicators simply RECORD what is going on, then all we SHOULD need to do is adjust them to their sharpest settings. There is simply no need for the two big hits that are pictured in this pic. A stoploss that would cut losses on the first, then second and even third trade as it went against the trade would have SAVED hundreds of pips.

"It's black & white."

I'm trying to better this for us all, this profit gragh is from those pics posted above. This is what I have been working on and my findings........

Chart ~

hi, i like your idea, can you post source-code modified ?

thanks in advance

giapel

chartwalker how are you. havent posted for few days because my stoch version is at rest because of the oscillator and maybe i will be skipping the following week too. having seen the others complaining about eurusd again, i dont think i am missing anything good / i dont get your idea very good. what will happen if it keeps closing the first levels ? right now its too late and my logic isnt the best but shouldnt it generate significant loss by closing these positions ? maybe it can overally help for the survival of an extreme move against us but do we need to change the original blessing idea. the price always returns, its just about our balance and settings that matter the most. ok i might not get it so if i am not right you can say it ill try to think again on this subject tomorrow, but we will need someone to code that feature and i dont have such skills. i dont know about your level of knowledge ok have a nice evenning all and good luck with that revolting eurusd

Stop loss idea

Well Chart Walker I think its an interesting idea. But if you're on the wrong side, either you add more funds or get out.

I proposed using an averaging DD * some factor approach. Where we look at the mean, DD, average DD and use that to set EP. This would simply close our trades and reenter should we be on the wrong side. The trick is set the right EP value so that you don't keep closing and loose money. alternatively, we continue to work on sharpening the EA. But you can't fit every curve. Sooner or later the strategy may not work.

seank:
Well Chart Walker I think its an interesting idea. But if you're on the wrong side, either you add more funds or get out. I proposed using an averaging DD * some factor approach. Where we look at the mean, DD, average DD and use that to set EP. This would simply close our trades and reenter should we be on the wrong side. The trick is set the right EP value so that you don't keep closing and loose money. alternatively, we continue to work on sharpening the EA. But you can't fit every curve. Sooner or later the strategy may not work.

Hey that's a slick idea seank ~

But why I wanted just a stoploss was so that I wasn't curve-fitting, but rather just helping out the weakest link thereby making the whole better. I really like this Ea and after I get a stoploss put in I'll run historical data from Alpri on it and make sure that I have a good "general" setting and then forward test again and see how it does for a month. That's how close I am I feel.

I'm hoping that the SL will be the last tweak it needs before I start useing real bullets.

I think I'll just start useing these people for coding tweaks from here forward.

Expert Advisor Programming and EA Programmers for MetaTrader

Unless someone knows of someone else who can be trusted and are professional and quick like these guys seem to be.

I'm seriously going after getting this EA up and running, and running as good as I can make it, in a 1, 5 and 15 minute chart. I've posted results and backtests as I go, but seems like no ones pays attention so I think I'll just go about it on my own now. And the thing of it is, I'm SO close to locking this down and having a pretty nice little trading system IMO ~

Thanks for the reply, good luck to you!

Chart ~

I have been following your work... testing some of it when I have time.

I could do the coding for you...but am really swamped at the moment.

if you're not too anxious, I could give it a shot. Why don't you explain in more detail how you would like the mod to work and I will try it. I have found more consistency EC on the 4H using the standard stock.

Try this, ME100, Stoch 5,3,7 MM=true/0.25 run it from Jan08 to present...

Hey ganapati I was wondering if you could post up the pairs and settings you use on your live account. Also what version are your running, Blessing 2 v5[1].2 BBStoch1.mq4, Blessing 2 v5.2 BBStoch1.mq4,or Blessing 2 v5.2 BBStoch.mq4 and could someone explain the differences between them.

Thank you,

John k

seank:
I have been following your work... testing some of it when I have time.

I could do the coding for you...but am really swamped at the moment.

if you're not too anxious, I could give it a shot. Why don't you explain in more detail how you would like the mod to work and I will try it. I have found more consistency EC on the 4H using the standard stock.

Try this, ME100, Stoch 5,3,7 MM=true/0.25 run it from Jan08 to present...

The stoploss should be just a plain old stoploss. Whenever -x amount of pips is reached it closes that trade. It should "follow" the trades that way I would think. In post 366 I posted a graph showing 2 draw downs, this is the only time I want this built in safety device to work. I will let a back-test SHOW ME where to set the stoploss at.

There must be a "point of no return" where this will kick in and simply save us some pips. Nothing fancy, -simple. That should help that graph in post 366 look a little smoother. Actually everyone who uses this EA should be able to benefit from this idea I would think. I believe in the 1 hr. systems useing 6 pairs there are times when 50% of that is lost as it hits one of these drawdowns yet it averages out amongst the other 5 pairs to be a small profit monthly. I can't see why this simple stoploss idea wouldn't help that produce even more pips by not losing so many of them on a drawdown.

Just simple straight forward logic, we're attacking the weakest link to strengthen the whole.

So that's it, just a simple stoploss that watches the trades and when they hit -x amount of pips closes the trade for a less loss then allowing it to run it's full course.

So if you can code in a simple stoploss I'll do my part and figure out a good "ballpark" setting like I did with the others. Then we take that setting and run then through the downloaded history files from Alpri to fine tune things over a very long period of time.

"Then we should be set"

The process will take about 1-2 weeks for each time frame, so in about 2 months we should have a nice diversified trading program that is trading the 1 min, 5 min and 15 min EUR/USD (cheap spread!) charts ~

All custum made to trade their own time frame.

Those are my thoughts as of now.

What say you seank?....

Logical yes?...

Can we better something some how?....

Here are the trades that the 1 min system has done since I found the setting last week. I would run it now with real bullets but those draw downs have to be dealt with. Whats to say news comes out that tanks your whole account?

COULD happen, I like me safety ~

I'll sleep better

Chart ~

Arrows missing?

Why is it that the BUY/SELL arrows only appear for the first trade?

The trades are there, they went through but no arrows marking the spot.

"?"

In fact what would be REALLY saaawweeeeet would be to have it display like the "visual mode" does (see post 363 for visual mode pics), with all the arrows and with the red and blue lines connecting the trades and showing at a glancethe "what/when/where and how" of the trades.

Now that would be the cat's azz!!! ~

But I'd be happy with a stoploss for now lol ~

BTW...

My final-FINAL settings I'm not posting. I've told everyone how to find these settings and even produced 3 "ballpark" settings already and showed how with a TON of work anyone should be able to find a very good setting. However if someone provides extra help I will share that with them. There's months of work that I've done and shared openly, but the cream of the crop is mine. I tested for about a month before I even posted on here, look at my first post. This is justified I feel but I also know the old saying "One hand washes the other and both are cleaner for it" so you bet I'll openly share everything with any helper/s. In fact I would like that, as two heads are always better then one.

Here's to lasting friendships and networking together!

See ya in Vegas!!!! lmao ~

Good luck everyone and stay as safe as you can...

Chart ~

seank:
I have found more consistency EC on the 4H using the standard stock. Try this, ME100, Stoch 5,3,7 MM=true/0.25 run it from Jan08 to present...

I would LOVE to see some of the results for this!!

I haven't play at this end of the time charts yet. Makes sense the EC would trade well there, and that would help get around the bigger spread.

So she must have traded pretty sweet huh?

Think I'll make a note of this post

Because once I get up and running I'll play through all the time frames and then pick the cream of the crop, -why not?!

Thx seank!!!

Chart ~

chartwalker:
The stoploss should be just a plain old stoploss. Whenever -x amount of pips is reached it closes that trade. It should "follow" the trades that way I would think. I Chart ~

what I don't understand is that if we close the first trade (which I have done manually) we have to adjust all the remaining TP levels to maintain the target or BE settings that may have been set. I have in the pass, done the opposite and made money... close the last trade (the one with the most leverage) an then set the TP levels to what they were previously. E.g. you're at level 10 and things not looking good, so close level 10 when its in profit (i.e. beyond the original entry level ) and reset TP and limits to its previous level (i.e. for 9). You can keep doing this if you exceed a threshold...say anything above 8. then the EA continue to work as it should.

And you're left with the smaller size lots.

further, (having read your mesage again), we have the Poweroff SL.