Daily Breakout EA - page 12

Hi,

I have been using the BarHiLo EA but with very different settings in fact much larger SL and manually closing the trades after 6 to 12 hours then allowing the EA to restart. So far this has been sucessful. So heres my request is there any way of making the EA close the trades after X hours? and can it be made to do more than one trade at a time as this would help reduce the affects of the losses from losing trades?

Thanks

cv1oo

Does the EA works?

primajaya:
u may use this EA on daily TF

hope it helps..

Pj,

Hi PJ.

The BArHiLo.mq4 EA posted above seems does not appear in MT4 chart.

My challenges to make consistent profits - 101 Forex Currency Trading | Forex Trading System | Daily Forex Signals

This is the results being backtested using Alpari UK MT4 platform, using BarHiLo_2 EA.

No doubt the results are extremely amazing !

But there are a total of 197 errors, (maybe there are bugs in the EA).

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD="align: right"]104137.00 [TD]Gross profit [TD="align: right"]196461.80 [TD]Gross loss [TD="align: right"]-92324.80
Initial deposit[/TD] 10000.00[/TD] [/TD] [/TD] [/TD] Total net profit

Is there any fellow traders here have backtested this system?

timroyal:

This is the results being backtested using Alpari UK MT4 platform, using BarHiLo_2 EA.

No doubt the results are extremely amazing !

But there are a total of 197 errors, (maybe there are bugs in the EA).

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD="align: right"]104137.00 [TD]Gross profit [TD="align: right"]196461.80 [TD]Gross loss [TD="align: right"]-92324.80
Initial deposit[/TD] 10000.00[/TD] [/TD] [/TD] [/TD] Total net profit
Is there any fellow traders here have backtested this system?

Hello , What setup and Par are you using ?

primajaya:
hi stace.

I've modified the EA,

Perhaps i'm not a damn good coder, but I hope it will increase the performance as you said before

Actually You may use this EA from TF M15 to Daily TF, but when you use this EA in lower Period, you may find that High and Low of previos bar is less than stop level, so the EA cannot send stop order.

Because of that, if the distance of high and low is less than the stoplevel, we will make adjustment for the distance by using range point

hope it helps

Pj,

Nice EA sir, i like

can u do for all currency pairs ?

Thanks

Files:

Jeeves:
Hi folks.

While not being strickly in the bounds of this thread - it's not about the above mentioned EA - I believe it's still within the 'spirit' of the thread.

I have traded 'Breakouts' for some time now & firmly believe they are the key to success in 4x trading. I also believe that far too many people enter the forex arena with totally unrealistic expectations. They search, often with frantic desparation, for the indicator that will lead them to eldorado. Only to retire defeated, sometimes broke, but hopefully still with a family & a home to keep them in.

It's often stated, on this & other forums, that indicators do not & never will, do more than tell you the past, very true. But still our ever hopefuls search high & low for the holy grail......They spend huge amounts of money on promised performace, & fork out for subscriptions to 'Elite' forums that really do no more than provide more of the same, all of which can be found for free, just by Googling.

There are two very important points to consider before going on with this rant - there are more, but the first two are the really important ones.

First we are not professional traders, and second, we are not trading with someone else's money!

Our aim may be to earn a living from trading, but that does not, & never will, make us professional traders. We trade the market ' from a distance '. A bundle of exchange rates are gathered by whichever 'broker' we use, manipulated, & projected on to our trading screen. I personally, have no problem with that - we all need to make a buck. But to whinge about your broker 'hunting' your stops is totally out of the ball park. Would he really be concerned about Mr Smith & his micro account taking �200 a week....I think not.

There is another aspect of trading that I would like to address - Stop loss.

You will find over the entire spectrum of 'Bucket seat' trading, (that's you & me folks!). That we should aspire to the magical 2:1, 3:1 ratio. Bullshit! More money is lost through setting stops in that fashion than any other way. There's a saying in forex, ' you must give a trade room to develope'. Much stress is placed on money management, but who says that 2:1,3:1 ratios is good money management? The one's that want your money, is the answer.

Which brings me to my Breakout trading.

I don't claim to be the originator of this system, in fact I know I'm not! But the concept is lost in the mist of time. I use two lines, Mondays High & low.

Place two pending buy orders, & two pending sell orders.

The two buy pending orders are opened at Mondays high. Stops are half the difference between Mondays High & low. First TP is half the distance between Mondays High & Low, & second TP is the distance between Mondays High & Low.

Same, in opposition, for the two pending sell orders.

The managing EA is - Pip Boxer Multiple Exits. Buy it, & enjoy

Mail me if you have a problem....Happy trading

Are you still trading your version of the daily breakout. If so do you use only Monday high and low or use the system daily ?

Thank you

tried this one and unfortunatelly, spesnt work on real account

Hello,

this is my BarHiLo-Statement on LiteForex.com from 01.01.2010 - 14.02.2014:

Guys, you all are missing to put EA version, Pairs, Time Frames and some settings to you excellent testings. Those tests are irrelevant to us without enough information. How can we understand what are you speaking about? Don't be lazy to put a few details more on your post.

We all would appreciate it.

Thanks Hermes

Statement Summary

So guys!!!

Here are my statements with more informations. Included EA and Setfile.

barhilo-statements.rar

If you have better results, please share it.

Good luck

mondalsys

Files: