Requotes and EA's

We (3 other people and myself) have been trading in demo from 1 account on a MT4 platform.

The broker we were using was Alpari (witch is considered as one of the better MT4 brokers)

The type of trading that we were doing was all entry's trough market orders.

The morning was not finished and each one of us had at least between 5 -10 requotes and that on 5 different pairs. So in total between 25 and 50 requotes.

My point of view is that this makes it impossible to trade with market orders.

Especially if one is trading from 1 min charts and go for very small profits. Not scalping for a few pips but still between 10-15 orders/day.

Some of the questions that I have:

1) Does an EA coop with that same problem ?...

2) Where if one has a problem with requotes manually by clicking and re-clicking on all the buttons, does an EA have an advantage in speed to coop with the re-quotes ?....Meaning can it put with the speed of light a next attempt till it get filled ?...(meaning can it ask in a split second 15 times to the server to get filled till it gets filled ?)

3) IF an EA can handle the re-quote problem, would a script then be a solution to handle the market orders ?...

Friendly regards...iGoR

that's the problem of most EA's... not prepared for requotes... connection errors.. etc... everything works in the tester... but real world is different...

http://book.mql4.com/build/errors

for scalping EA's you would need a metatrader platform that supports ECN.

I don't think EAs handle requotes better, I think they do handle it faster.

The reason is be the amount of slippage allowed in the EA OrderSend function with an EA.

For manual click market orders, you can allow for maximum pip deviation as an option, and it should act similar to how an EA sends their order.

With that said, this slippage allotment will most likely go against you when the brokers are playing their games with requotes. It may be just they are moving the price to see how much slippage pips they can get to fill you. Most EA users just don't see it unlike the manual traders because EA users are not paying attention...it's hard when you are not actually at the screen.

I do both, and that's how I noticed the differences.

When you open the instant buy/sell order screen, the tick chart pops up next to it, and sometimes when it gets moving, you will get requotes often.

www.bostontechnologies.com

Igor, Alpari is a bucket shop as most of the brokers that's why you get requotes...the owner of boston tecnologies set up the interbank connection for pfgforex.com he assured me that their interbank set up is clean (no datafeed manipulation whatsoever)...all the orders are offset to market makers..you will not get requotes with them and will have no problem scalping Great for the zorro matrix system

Hi all, the requote problems is always there in any MT4 platform. You can either find a platform with fully stop entry and use pending order to enter your trade; or you just use other platform for your live trading. We can't change any thing for MT4 because it has too many broker and yet they seldom update and check with their client's (those broker) server. We all should suggest to MetaQuotes that they have to set an server requirement for thier sub broker, so that all the broker which using MT4 platform have a high performance server and not a lagging server(when there are too many people enter thier trade in a same time).

Best regards,

Joel Tee

Would useing LibOrderReliable help requotes. There are two versions OrderReliable and LibOrderReliable? for those familiar with the OrderSendReliable function, Does LibOrderReliable try by default 10 times? how many times does the regular OrderReliable.mqh try?

Thank you

requotes is a simply bucketshop problem... Impossible to get requote on the REAL market... we trade all between 0.01 lots and max 50 lots (standards)... What means 50 lots on the multi trillions market ? a nano-water drop ?

Nothing... Big brother is watching you... Impossible to get a requote with 20 lots... except if the broker want to requote you.

sorry to be pessimist but when you known all the (real) market rules and actors rules it's simply impossible to get requote...except is someone want to filter you.

When you get requotes on the FX market, than means you are not on the market but in internals dealing books of the broker...even if you trade with a old USR Robotics 56K modem ;-)

Trade technology exchange is really well builded, impossible to not have a counter-part for your order...

I'm working for an investment company, where we are able to pass more than 10 Millions on the market without requotes, order immediatly filled... so wtf with MT4 retail brokers ?

It's a pity, it's big lies, but until our market partners (retail brokers w dealing desk) do not want to do they job correctly and with professionnalism, we will dependant about this kind of problems...it's seem they do accept/understand if we avance, they avance... I would be so happy to pass 100 or 200 lots on the market and paid the spread or commissions without thinking about these requote/slippage/commercial context busy bullshit stories.

But.. get hopes... Things will change soon...

How do MT4 EAs handle trade errors?

I've read a lot about re-quotes and failed orders with different brokers, but I'm wondering how these are handled by EAs in MT4... if a price quote is outside the specified slippage will it just keep trying until it gets the price it wants, or will the trade be abandoned? What if the order is rejected for some server glitch or other... does MT4 keep trying to get the order accepted?

Many EAs rely on being able to place, modify or close a position when the proper time comes, and it seems to me it would be a disaster if it just bails out under error conditions. I'm just wondering if some EA guru could explain just how these situations get handled...

THX.

Somebody posted this question in one threads but we are yet to have answer to it. I am interested in it bcos I want to know it, pls anybody that know it should help us on this question

I've had this happen to me this week with audusd and eurusd. Here is the log for audusd:

13:59:49 '392598': requote 0.7977 / 0.7980 for order #14976012 buy 0.10 AUDUSD closing at 0.7978

13:59:54 '392598': close order #14976012 buy 0.10 AUDUSD at 0.7935 sl: 0.7785 tp: 0.0000 at price 0.7978

13:59:54 '392598': request was accepted by server

13:59:55 '392598': requote 0.7976 / 0.7979 for order #14976012 buy 0.10 AUDUSD closing at 0.7978

14:05:34 '392598': close order #14976012 buy 0.10 AUDUSD at 0.7935 sl: 0.7785 tp: 0.0000 at price 0.7973

14:05:34 '392598': request was accepted by server

14:05:34 '392598': request in process

So you can see I waited 5 minutes, then I closed the trade manually. This time, I happened to be in front of my computer, but if not, the trade would still be open....

It doesn't happen all that often, but still if we could find a solution, it would be more than welcome, since I use a strategy which is highly automated and uses 10 different pairs.