Harooki Day Trades - page 2

I've found an interesting indicator at Linear Regression Channel - MQL4 Code Base. Check it please. It counts its lines from 50 last bars. If you judge that it is what you're looking for I can change this '50 last bars' into the anchor point at specific time.

This might work. However, this is just the channel. The values for the slope still has to be calculated and plotted.

It would be necessary to add an input so that it can be anchored to a starting bar.

Anchor point

Here it is.

To calculated the values for the slope I have to understand how you calculate them manualy. Does the column "Average" in your Excel spreadsheet contain the values of the slope ?

Send me next Excel spreadsheet with calculations for 25.03.2009 and what broker do you use ? I ask because different brokers have different data.

Files:

Yes, the Average column has the values that need to be plotted. You have the spreadsheet for 3/25.

I use Forex.com and IBFX.

Now I have to understand 'Data Point' column.

The differences are between indicator derivative.mq4 values and your spreadsheet because we have different data.

Time ____ 'your Data Point' _____ 'my Data Point'

08:05 ____ 7 _________________ 7

08:10 ____ 6 _________________ 8

08:15 ____ 3 _________________ 3

08:20 ____ 14 _________________ 20

08:25 ____ 14 _________________ 12

08:30 ____ -1 _________________ -12

08:35 ____ -6 _________________ -5

08:40 ____ -3 _________________ 7

I calculate 'my Data Point' as difference between 08:00 close price and close price of particular bar. How do you calculate 'your Data Point' ?

I don't know how that is calculated. Do this:

Put the MetaTrader4 Linear Regression Channel tool on a chart, then double-click on it. Three handles will appear. The first one is on the anchor bar. The second one is in the middle and allows you to move the channel, much like the middle handle in a trendline or Fibonacci line. The third one displays the data point and the slope angle.

Move that third handle from bar to bar so that you can see the popup text for the data point. This is where I get my data from, but I don't know how it is calculated.

Ok. I understand now but data are still different.

Time ____ 'your Data Point' _____ 'my Data Point'

08:05 ____ 7 _________________ 7

08:10 ____ 6 _________________ 7

08:15 ____ 3 _________________ 2

08:20 ____ 14 _________________ 14

08:25 ____ 14 _________________ 13

08:30 ____ -1 _________________ 2

08:35 ____ -6 _________________ 8

08:40 ____ -3 _________________ 5

Look at the picture. There are 5 min bars.

This bar with yellow clock is 08:00

Files:
pic1.jpg  13 kb

I think data will be slightly different from server to server, but that's OK.

I've found another indicator and its descripion. Mayby it would be useful.

http://forum.mql4.com/c/forum/2008/02/linreg.mq4

Technical Analysis Studies