The AshFX System - Version II - page 2

forexmoments:
Dear all,

I'm proud to present my latest system, AshFX: Version II.

This system is simple, easy, & profitable.

AshFX V2 uses the following indicators:

- Parabolic SAR (0.05, 0.2)

- AC (Accelerator Oscillator)

- AO (Awesome Oscillator)

- Stochastics (5,3,3)

The system can be used on any currency pair, and is suited for the Daily timeframe (D1), although it can also be used on H4.

Unzip the attached zip file, you'll find two files, 1) the actual system, and 2) the MT4 Template. Take the attached template and apply it in Metatrader.

See below for an example of what you should be seeing:

Look forward to questions/analysis/discussion/testing.

Regards,

Ash

Hi,

I am new to using MT4,.....I was trying to use this system using the zip file. it has a file with extension .tpl

While, all other indicators have .mq4 extension...cud anyone help me with how to use this with my metatrader?

Thanks

ag_fx:
I was backtesting this method for 4 hour set up. I have certain doubts. it wud be great if you can clarify them:

1) We enter at the close of the first candle at which SAR Dot changes direction(and of course other indicators supporting). Otherwise, we dont enter at all..right?

2) Would you suggest entering with multiple lots and booking profits at regular intervals? Lets say we enter with 4 lots and cover 1 lot each at 100,150,200 pips while keeping open the last lot for reversal/SL.

3)why do u want to close half lots at EOD.FX being a 24x7 market, what role does this tep play? Also, what time(GMT) would you consider as EOD?

Thnks

1) Correct.

2) I haven't tested this. If you'd like to try this, by all means go ahead, I'd appreciate feedback.

3) Primarily for simplicity. It's not a hard and fast rule of course. (If you use S&R/PA/Fibs, then on many occassions you'll be using those to override it). I tested this on FXDD, so EOD would be at 9pm GMT. The key thing is to use a broker that doesn't have a Sunday candle.

Hope that helps.

Ash

Revolution:
It is clear that this is a very good stragety, but it could become great with some additional logic added to what you already have and some effective filters...

thats version 2; compare to v.1 and answer your Q. (and how come they didn't thought about it? )

thank U very much.

j.zhang:
thank U very much.

You're welcome. Apologies for the lack of updates in April, I've been busy recently.

Anyway, back to trading - the system produced a beautiful short on the Daily AUD/USD which I closed for around 250 pips.

Just started using the system and backtesting it. It is really neat. Thanks for all your hard work. Sometimes the fill can be bad and you may be close to 100 pips above or below the current swing low/swing high. Would you skip the trade then? What is your tolerable s/l?

does anybody like to make this system into an EA??

Hi everyone,

I'll be updating this thread more regularly now. A few of you have been asking me what's happened. I was away dealing with some personal matters, but now I'm back.

Ok, so lets take a look at yesterdays trade.

Yesterday a valid AshFX V2 signal appeared on CHF/JPY.

As you can see, there was a strong trend. However, I decided against this trade since the candle was too long, (making the SL too big) and also there was decent resistance, which has thus far held.

Pic attached.

Files:

Last night there was a signal on the AUD/NZD, as can be seen in the pic, however I did not enter this because the lower wick is almost the same length as the main body of the candle.

Files: