Time indicator - page 3

Wow what an interesting topic this has turned out to be. thanks for all the input.

After a lot of reading and playing around.

As you all know there is no TRUE volume in FX ( stop me if you have heard this before) so I have been thinking about and indicator similar to the market profile but based on price and time ie 60min bar how low does the price stand still at a particular price. so if we have the price sit at a

certain price the bars increase out on a horizontal. imho this should act as a true price pivot point. as that is the point where the buyer and sellers are fighting it out.

it's an idea that might have been done before but i can find it.

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Beno

similar to this

The Universal

But on a bar by bar basis.

Beno,

Not at home right now, I'm assuming you're talking about an indicator that accumulates the amount of seconds the price stays at a certain price rather than the amount of ticks?

That is an idea, i'm extremely interesting in.

Beno:
similar to this

The Universal

But on a bar by bar basis.

That the one imho that should give a true pivot point but i could be very wrong LOL.

cheers

Beno

Sounds much like market profile in concept although the indicator you are describing would represent it differently.

Capablanca

On the higher tf i think this should display where the fight between buyers and sellers is quite well.

do you have any ideas about this sort of indi you have been registered for a while.

cheers

beno