Your Market Beliefs - page 11

lodol2:

hi minemi

yes but thats about correlation not cointegration...

thx

hence the face in my previous post ; My point is why complicate a simple thing ... according to the guys here you can flip a coin to enter a trade so why bother with all the statistics .... IMHO exit is way more important and most traders don't know how to exit a losing trade or keep a winning trade, that's because they are focused in securing 10 pips from a trade they spend 2 days to decide how to enter .

Look at some of my posts you will find trades with 100s of pips stacked on them yet I didn't close those trades, another example look at the No1 trader in the automated championship he admit his expert is simple and he is using a simple method , he is NO1 because he didn't get his mind poisoned by the ideas on the internet ... the best trading system is the one that you create by yourself to suite your own style ... its good to read and learn, but if your trying too hard and its not working then there is something wrong because the most difficult engineering problem is solved using simple mathematics

MiniMe:
... so why bother with all the statistics ....

cos thats where the edge is, so why not exploit it

Basic statistics can only explain so much of the markets behaviors, and at best create probability models that give an edge.

If the market were to be statistically readable at all times, thenwhy isn't every mathematician a millionaire? An edge is only defined so much as a trader's ability to apply it properly to the market.

zupcon:

zupcon:

Its all relative , but your right going into new areas could give some sort of an edge so why not

cointegration

Hello Minime

You are right in your in your up post. I appreatiate your posts and insights all the time and its true if you try to hard to get to some point its better to leave it...

But its also true that the concept of cointegration makes more sense than that of correlation at least in my view.......

and that we have to find a system which work for each one of us, we all know...nothing new...

regards

LODOL

Looks like your lines are not drawn in the right places .....Mr.Marketz

May be more details are in order....

ok! i must say that i've been reading for days different posts and threads in a lot of forums. Sometimes it is so confusing due to the different strategies. I guess the jackpot is reachable by figuring out my own technique. right now i'm feeling ok placing intraday orders only...at least to make it a consistent daily strategy...even if demotrading!... i guess like someone said above, nothing new hehe!!!

interesting stuff....

i think in the long run, the market does behave under the general theory of economics & psychology.

in the short run (day trading), there is too much noise, and the short term movements are definitely random , unless caused by some dramatic news....but even unexpected news are random events.

I just watched a documentary about '29.

I think we haven't seen the lows yet. The resemblance with the crash is amazing. The bankers tried to buy everything and stir the market up then, now we have the government, which is heavily influenced by bankers, buying corporations...