Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 61

loumanchew:
I really like your template on this page and was wondering if you have shared it somewhere on the forums and if not, if you would mind sharing it? Thanks for your time!

Hi Loumanchew,

Will share what i can! The envelopes are made from TriangularMa centered they require some experimenting with the deviation to get the right fit, and would recommend if not already done so to do some research on TriangularMa centered to learn about it, as far as length of the bands been using half the dominant cycle length.The fibs are auto gmt fibs with them you have either daily,weekly or monthly fibs, the template is using monthly.The other is moon phases for me the verdict still out on them the 2 lines formed are the new moon and the full moon, but seems some interesting things happen around them.

The other lines are drawn by hand using peaks, valleys, news etc. to determine turning points(TPS), this part is still very much learning phase for me, so a lot of hit and miss still going on, until i hopefully get it right enough to share.Like others have said in this thread there is a lot of hard work involved determining the TPS, but so far its paying off.

Would like to add first of all, I deleted a couple posts earlier trying to somehow make some kind of peace in this thread, like what WR1 said earlier today to see this fine thread turned into a war zone, secondly there was no discrimination involved in the process, was just trying to be fair on both sides of the argument without taking sides, why other posts weren't deleted in the past not my call.

ps) meant to add did not intend to cause any hard feelings on either side, or even to take sides just was hoping to stop the escalation, some how some way.

mrtools:
Would like to add first of all, I deleted a couple posts earlier trying to somehow make some kind of peace in this thread, like what WR1 said earlier today to see this fine thread turned into a war zone, secondly there was no discrimination involved in the process, was just trying to be fair on both sides of the argument without taking sides, why other posts weren't deleted in the past not my call. ps) meant to add did not intend to cause any hard feelings on either side, or even to take sides just was hoping to stop the escalation, some how some way.

Thank you MrTools!

mrtools:
Hi Loumanchew,

Will share what i can! The envelopes are made from TriangularMa centered they require some experimenting with the deviation to get the right fit, and would recommend if not already done so to do some research on TriangularMa centered to learn about it, as far as length of the bands been using half the dominant cycle length.The fibs are auto gmt fibs with them you have either daily,weekly or monthly fibs, the template is using monthly.The other is moon phases for me the verdict still out on them the 2 lines formed are the new moon and the full moon, but seems some interesting things happen around them.

The other lines are drawn by hand using peaks, valleys, news etc. to determine turning points(TPS), this part is still very much learning phase for me, so a lot of hit and miss still going on, until i hopefully get it right enough to share.Like others have said in this thread there is a lot of hard work involved determining the TPS, but so far its paying off.

Wow after 60 pages finally someone who shares their entire method, that takes courage MrTools

mrtools:
I deleted a couple posts earlier trying to somehow make some kind of peace in this thread, .

Point taken , my bad .

100% agree , please accept my apology

Files:
white-rose1.jpg  25 kb

If I post the 100 lot trade only, then that would be cheating.

I don't win all my trades I have losses , and for me to get the feeling of the risk involved on the account I took few big trades gradually, at some stage I was glued to screen and I misjudged the market so lost .

There is no shame in losing as long as you can make it back.

I am posting the good , the bad and the ugly side of my trades. I am not a full time trader but this is the beginning and it all starts here .

Best of luck for everyone

Fadi

History and Meaning of White Roses

Primary Significance: Purity, Innocence, Sympathy, Spirituality

With its pristine appearance, the white rose has come to symbolize purity, innocence and secrecy. There are myths and legends from several different cultures relating to the origin of the first rose which is initially white in color and is then miraculously transformed. Oftentimes the pure white rose was depicted as being stained by blood, or made to blush from a kiss. The recurrence of this theme does a great deal to establish the white rose as a symbol for purity.

Early traditions also used white roses as a symbol for true love, an association which would later become the hallmark of the red roses. However, white roses continue to endure and retain their symbolism of innocence. White roses are now used to express a number of different sentiments.

Also known as the bridal rose, the white rose is a traditional wedding flower. In this sense, they are a representation of unity, virtue, and the pureness of a new bond of love. White roses are also a symbol for young love, which further strengthens the association, and makes them ideal for marriages. Bridal bouquets are often comprised of white roses and other white flowers.

White roses are also associated with honor and reverence, which makes them a fitting memorial for a departed loved one. Funeral and sympathy arrangements traditionally incorporate white roses as a part of the tribute. As a symbol of remembrance, the white rose represents heavenliness and is an expression of spiritual love and respect.

While most of the long-established meanings of white roses are still quite commonly used today, others have become less prevalent. White rosebuds, for example, are a traditional symbol for girlhood and carry an underlying message of one too young for love. While perhaps no longer falling into the realm of common knowledge, this is still very much a part of the language of roses.

White roses can mean many things to many different people. They can symbolize new beginnings, or be a sign of farewell. They can convey feelings of love, friendship, respect and hope. Underlying all of these messages is the impression of innocence and purity with which white roses are now synonymous. An arrangement of white roses is not only beautiful; it can carry a complexity that belies its simpler appearance. Whatever the reason white roses are given, it can be assured that they will be deeply appreciated by their recipient.

MiniMe:
If I post the 100 lot trade only, then that would be cheating.

I don't win all my trades I have losses , and for me to get the feeling of the risk involved on the account I took few big trades gradually, at some stage I was glued to screen and I misjudged the market so lost .

There is no shame in losing as long as you can make it back.

I am posting the good , the bad and the ugly side of my trades. I am not a full time trader but this is the beginning and it all starts here .

Best of luck for everyone

Fadi

Loosing is part of the game.

The trick is to win more than you loose

Imagine with a system with 55 % of win, and a good money management, you can make good money, but it shows that you nearly loose on 1 trade over 2.

Balls of steel

EURUSD Cycle Update

On the 10th of October, I posted the following on this thread with a picture regarding the 146/291 day cycle combination on the Daily chart. Being the end of November, I figured it might time to post an update. Of particular interest to me is where we finished today.

"To get a rough idea of which cycle is the most relevant, I use the half length of a simple moving average. Not very exotic but I expect to see prices react off that line and has worked for me for years. For example, I am following a cycle on EURUSD daily that is 291 days long so an sma of 146 is what I have on my chart. I have been following this cycle for 12 months more or less."

Basically the cycle has lengthened to 307 days so I am using 153 days now for the half length. Regardless, the effect of this shift is quite subtle and this is quite normal for cycles to do this over time. Here we can see how the cycles can be directly translated into support and resistance levels to form areas where changes in trend can occur.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Alex

Files:

One more thing... when I refer to a cycle on the daily, I am extracting a cycle as it exits in my MT4 broker data which is GMT+3 with no Sundays. (Pepperstone). Your values will be different if your data is different even from the same broker when switching from live to demo for example. With Dukas (jforex) you can switch off Sundays in the settings which is something missing in Metatrader. This is going to affect short cycles more than the long ones but is something to keep in mind that my 307 day cycle might be different on another platform.