Improve my simple trading system - page 2

agtfxt:

Attempt to come up with a system that will filter all weak signals will definitely be desirable but very far fetched and unrealistic ambition, however in my humble opinion a simple and effective filter that can significantly identify and weed out a lot of such weak signals will surely enhance a strategy based on the 200 line and lead to some good returns.

Fingers crossed, with all the brains at work in here some I am positive a good outcome will come out of this thread. Keep the momentum going.

Archie

As you say to find a "simple" filter is very far fetched and unrealistic.

Thinking that some "brains" here on this forum will come up with a filter where already millions of people have studied on for nearly hundred years is also unrealistic.

As said....the golden rule with MA's is that you need to accept that there are filters but you are going to be later in the market with loss of potential profits and bigger stops or you have no filters and you are quick in the market with a lot of false false trades trades but with small stop losses.

There is NO way around this problem or that one can find a solution in having the best of both worlds.

Accepting this rule will save you a lot of time in searching and it will give you more time to concentrate on trading.

To many people spend to much time on searching instead of accepting....

Many people have searched to turn led into gold....

regards...iGoR