SDS - Simple Daily System EA - page 14

southernjam:
yeah I didn't forward test it..its friday now so whats the point but I did do a one year and 3 month back test of chazzmoney's version and had some pretty crazy results... works good on a small account.. 500.

Hi southernjam

Could you post your back test results .

Regards

southernjam:
yeah I didn't forward test it..its friday now so whats the point but I did do a one year and 3 month back test of chazzmoney's version and had some pretty crazy results... works good on a small account.. 500.

Do you mean small lot sizes relative to your account? The account size shouldn't matter. A $10,000 account with standard lots should have the same percentage gain/loss as a $1000 account with mini lots.

great EA

could you add TS and BE in this powerful EA?

i think use MM make it much greater

Sorry for the ignorance?

skinsominia:
could you add TS and BE in this powerful EA? i think use MM make it much greater

BE? What's BE?

BE = Break even.

However, as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, trailing stops (and BE in my opinion) aren't helpful for this system. It's better to have a fixed profit/stop and let things play out. You may go to BE then stop out or hit an early trailing stop on a trade that's about to recover a string of losses.

Gotcha, no changes then.

If you were to replace the take profit with a trailing stop and set it up correctly, if you hit a nice trend you could recover losses very quickly.

I think it might be a good option to try,

You don't know what might work until you try it.

If there were several different versions of the EA that could all run in parallel this could produce some very interesting results.

I suggested a good option a few posts back and nobody has taken it up, I've tried it manually with very good success.

I'd code it myself but coding is not my strong suit.

uptix:
Hello, I just found this thread also and I really think this has potential. I have the same questions you had. What did you figure out?

Stopped testing, don't remember exactly why. Something must have gone wrong that I may have failed to figure out.

I am however intrigued there seems to be no activity around Derk's version, the one that should be working best.

As for the settings, are they that obvious? Could someone give some pointers? Thanks.

bnbb2004:
Has anyone else tried Derk's version? If so, pls share your experience with the EA. I just applied it to my charts so, it's still too early for me to tell how well it will perform with the settings I have which may be wrong (since there are A LOT of features to chose from with this one). Thanks for your hardwork though, Derk! :-)

I had the same problem, not being sure if the settings were right.

Reviewing my statements, of the time I tried Derks version, I see good results on my demo account. When I went to look for trades by this EA on my live acc, they are a little... terrible. Sadly, I can't remember what happened.

And, by the way, I don't think Derk is still present in this forum. He might be reachable otherwise though..

chazzmoney:
Hey all,

I can finally post attachments. Here is the EA with all the requested changes.

A few words of warning:

1. I have not tested this at all.

2. I made all the suggestions / edits in less than 2 hours.

3. I am arrogant about my work and tend to believe it will always work. I'm not always right.

Let me know what you guys think.

Hi, is it supposed to work on a 4 hour chart? I'm now trying your version too. Thanks.

Pls don't let me monopolize the thread..