Everything about RSI - page 76

Hi!

I was wondering if anybody could help me with adding a alert (Pop up, and sound) to this RSI-indicator.

I have been trying myself for a while now. I have tried some tutorial from another community (I don't know if the forum rules allow you to link to external communities (?) so I won't link it here), I have tried searching the web for a RSI with this particular alert without any success, and I have tried some tips and instructions from the web in general. Sadly I have only managed to create an alert that loops or made the indicator stopped working altogether. So I must accept that I'm not capable to do this myself.

I found the Easy iCustom and Alerts indicator on this forum (Thank you so much for your contribution codersguru!), but since this indicator might later used for and EA or be modified further, I don't think it's the best solution in this case.

This RSI in particular prints an cross whenever the RSI changes direction, se below picture. What I would like, is that when that cross is made, and alert is also activated.

If there is any chance that some kind soul out there would be able to help me with this, it would be most appreciated!

Thank you so much for any help or instruction!

Files:
rsi_pb.jpg  168 kb
rsi_pb.mq4  3 kb

3716:
Hi!

I was wondering if anybody could help me with adding a alert (Pop up, and sound) to this RSI-indicator.

I have been trying myself for a while now. I have tried some tutorial from another community (I don't know if the forum rules allow you to link to external communities (?) so I won't link it here), I have tried searching the web for a RSI with this particular alert without any success, and I have tried some tips and instructions from the web in general. Sadly I have only managed to create an alert that loops or made the indicator stopped working altogether. So I must accept that I'm not capable to do this myself.

I found the Easy iCustom and Alerts indicator on this forum (Thank you so much for your contribution codersguru!), but since this indicator might later used for and EA or be modified further, I don't think it's the best solution in this case.

This RSI in particular prints an cross whenever the RSI changes direction, se below picture. What I would like, is that when that cross is made, and alert is also activated.

If there is any chance that some kind soul out there would be able to help me with this, it would be most appreciated!

Thank you so much for any help or instruction!

Whenever there is an extremes searching code, it will either recalculate/repaint or show the data after the fact. That indicator will show those extremes 2 bars back (similar to fractals)

Hi mladen,

Thank you so much for taking time to help!

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I do not really know how to use that information in order to add a functioning alert.

I'm aware that the indicator needs a candle to close before making a signal (Which does not pose a problem for me), but I do not know what you mean when you say that the indicator will show those extremes 2 bars back. My programming skills are really non-existent.

I have tried to add an alert directly to the indicator iteration function but then the alert just spammed me. I also tried to insert a alert signal after the calculating loop by adding this code before the int fuction:

#define SIGNAL_BAR 1

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| Custom indicator initialization function |

int init()

{

and then trying to make it check for possible alert after the calculation loop with "if(PrevSignal <= 0)", but I guess I just went over my head, and I did not get it to work.

3716:
Hi mladen,

Thank you so much for taking time to help!

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I do not really know how to use that information in order to add a functioning alert.

I'm aware that the indicator needs a candle to close before making a signal (Which does not pose a problem for me), but I do not know what you mean when you say that the indicator will show those extremes 2 bars back. My programming skills are really non-existent.

I have tried to add an alert directly to the indicator iteration function but then the alert just spammed me. I also tried to insert a alert signal after the calculating loop by adding this code before the int fuction:

#define SIGNAL_BAR 1

//| Custom indicator initialization function |

int init()

{

and then trying to make it check for possible alert after the calculation loop with "if(PrevSignal <= 0)", but I guess I just went over my head, and I did not get it to work.

What I was trying to tell, is that the "signals" are not going to be displayed on a current (still opened) bar nor on a first closed bar, but one bar before that. So you are going to have a significant lag regarding those signals. Since RSI is zigzaging a lot, you will probably end up having a lot of false signals

Hi mladen,

I'm working with a rule based discretionary system that identifies trends and then looks for attractive RR-setups for buying/selling dips/rallies in the direction of the trend. One part of the system consists of finding candlestick patterns when the RSI is in overbought/oversold territory. The RSI-indicator above is only going to be used to warn me of possible setups during the night. I don't want to go up and check the completion of every bar every night. Since most reversal candlestick patterns consist of the completion of two bars in opposite directions, the apparent lag in the above RSI-setup, does not pose a problem.

mladen:
Rsi of adaptive smoother : rsi_of_adaptive_smoother.ex4

Since smoother is adaptive it makes the rsi too implicitly adaptive (rsi is hard to make adaptive due to its integer calculation period nature) and to keep it smooth. This one seems to be doing it OK.

PS: the indicator is built with build 628. It was not tested with lower builds

Super clever mt4 warns me its a renamed indi and refuse to work

dino35:
Super clever mt4 warns me its a renamed indi and refuse to work

Just save it using original name and it will work

Rsx MA

Good day, Mladlen! I beg to add MTF indicator. Thank you for your work! (Please forgive me English is not my native language).

Files:

greenpatron:
Good day, Mladlen! I beg to add MTF indicator. Thank you for your work! (Please forgive me English is not my native language).

Posted it here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Thank you Mladlen. Good luck to you!