The thread about threads: what's going around the forum everywhere - page 16

There is one thread in Russian forum where the users are discussing the criterias to subscribe to the signal (to the any signal).
Subscribers, signal providers and future possible subscribers/providers are participating.

And it is the summary post from this thread - what we should consider (what we should know etc) to select the signal for subscription (machine translation from Russian to the English).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

I need your advice on which signal to choose for subscription.

jori77 , 2019.11.11.24 15:48

+ Know the signalman in person, so that he has personal responsibility (or his face)

+ Signal life after monitoring - at least 3 months

+ Equity of the account signal - at least $ 500

+ Recommendations from the manager to his signal - this will show his experience and interest, so that the subscriber receives what he came for - the result. If the provider has more than 3 signals for which it offers a subscription, you need to ask him to explain the logic.

+ Look at the time zone in which the signalman trades - or find out from him where he lives / where he trades - this is necessary so that you do not have a time difference - it is critical, as trading conditions can vary greatly from the signalman and follower

+ The line of equity will tell you a lot and show - you can “stay out” (or it’s a grid, it’s being traded), but you need to see how adequate the risk is and how much equity has sank due to specific tools - you can’t understand it yourself - ask to show everything open deals (all packs of instruments) with the signalman

+ The number of deals - the more, the better - this is important, since you can coolly trade at a distance of, for example, 50 deals and show super results - this can only be luck and does not mean that the signalman has a strategy or, although logic in trading

+ Is there a withdrawal from the account - an important point, it is always necessary to withdraw money, if the signalman does not understand this - then you should not trust him with money at all (he trades on statistics and earns from subscriptions)

+ Top-ups during drawdowns are a significant factor. It is even more important that the signalman reports what he is doing with his funds in the account, especially in drawdowns. And reported promptly. If there is no feedback or it clearly contradicts the picture in monitoring, you need to leave

+ Selecting accounts with transactions that hang or "stay out" for a maximum of one week (5 days, do not forget, not 7) - this is critical. Since the weekend can greatly change the picture and dramatically hit the deposit towards zero. Ideally, trades close before the end of the trading day and not during periods of increased spread

+ I don’t think that the clerk’s accounts are presented by the signalman, but I don’t think it’s so critical, since cent accounts have their own advantages, for example, most importantly, not all subscribers have the money and the desire to invest large amounts, especially if they are only familiar with the signals and forex trading in general

+ Signal profit - you need to correlate how much you pay for the signal per month and how much the signalman makes profit - is it profitable for you to pay for signal

+ Slippage - it is better to choose signals where slippage is minimal on those brokers where you already have an account or where you plan to open. Look at the tools that the manager trades and what slippage they have. And does your broker have all the tools? After conducting an independent analysis, ask about the slippage of the signal manager itself - including a good filter)

PS It seems like we all worked hard. Everything is clear and effective. What do you think?

Design, examples with pictures are still early, not everyone has spoken out;)

Good thread was started some time ago and continuing now -

----------------

Can MQL5 Economic Calendar be used on the Strategy Tester?- the thread with some tools created

Can MQL5 Economic Calendar be used on the Strategy Tester?
Can MQL5 Economic Calendar be used on the Strategy Tester?
  • www.mql5.com
Hello all,I've searched all day long but only could find news about it saying "soon... to be used with robots and tester...

Example with public strategy development -

GoldWarrior02b

Sergey Golubev, 2010.11.21 07:16

--------------

GoldWarrior is very famous EA which was originally developed by 3 persons from different countries.

It is really legendary development: it was started for Metatrader 3 before Metatrader 4 was created, and no one believed in that time that it is possible to create good EA based on zigzag indicator and CCI.

Those 3 persons were banned from many forums and finally they finished their developent in exact time when Metatrader 4 was announced. They were uploading the results of their job for free on their threads on the forums: indicators, many versions of the EAs ...

They named their EAs as the Warriors (SilverWarrior, Goldwarrior, PlatinumWarrior, Samurai EA, Hara-Kiri EA ...). "We are the forex warriors" - they said to their opponents. They won with their free development and they proved to their opponents that good EA can be created based on zigzag indicator. They were the first with it in the world.

Once upon a time, 2 persons asked the other man: "can we make good EA based on zigzag?". "yes, it is easy" - it was reply And they were doing it for 5 years on many forex forums! Legendary people, legendary development and classical EA based on zigzag. We should always remember the people who were the first to start something very great long time ago.

The other story as an example of the public system development:

Which Trading System is best?

Sergey Golubev, 2013.09.07 20:00

The story about the name of Brainwashing ... it was very long time ago ... I created this manual trading system ... Igorad (the coder) created the indicators (MT4) and uploaded indicators to the thread ... I traded it live published the statements on the thread...
and I asked for the EA (it was MT4). Two coders decided to help, and they created two different EAs for same system with same indicators with same rules. They published those 2 EAs on the thread by sourse codes.

First coder was Alex.Piech.FinGeR from Germany (he is the member of our forum with some similar username) ... second coder was Nick Beluck from Ukraine ...

Nick said the following: "this system watched my brains ... so I like to name it as Brainwashing system".
Alex told the following: "I was eating mandarine when coding the EA so I want to name this EA as the following: Mandarine EA".

Two different EAs (based on same indicators and same rules) created by two legendary codes for free and uploaded on the threads

This is the real story.

• Mandarine EA was totally improved, and this EA got the other name: Terminator EA (but it is the other story).
  • Brainwashing system and EA became one of the best system to recover the deposit after losses (to recover by trading).

The other great public system development and the other legendary team is the team of Nen ( Eugeni Neumoin ) with their ZUP.

----------------

We should always remember the people who were the first.

Eugeni Neumoin
Eugeni Neumoin
  • www.mql5.com
Trader's profile

Alain Verleyen, 2017.01.22 12:56

Everyone is free to have an opinion and to express it, but facts and data are more valuable. Someone previously said that MT5 is slower than MT4, that's an opinion. An opinion so obviously contrary to the facts that it's just laughable and not worth to discuss it. 

The problem start when someone try to present his opinion as the final truth, to present an opinion as it was a fact. And it happens often, sometimes so often that nobody takes care and don't even read hundred time repeated opinion presented as a law. I will never agree with that and I will not let develop such behavior ...