Blessing 2 - page 58

PFV:
Blessing has Stopped Out for me (because of my own aggressive set) which means that the account ran out of Free margin, so the broker closes ALL open trades.

And yes, Blessing stops working until you re-enter the new InitialAccount value for a new sequence of orders.

Keep testing and have fun with it.

I'm not trying to embarrass you, but would you care to elaborate on your setting so others could learn.

Hopefully, your acct was small or better yet demo.

Well, I was going to ask this question last week, but after today's pip run in the EUR/USD....

Anyone have a formula that will calculate, based on your Blessing settings, how many straight pips your acct can survive before you hit Equity Protection level?

Files:

Slack:
Well, I was going to ask this question last week, but after today's pip run in the EUR/USD.... Anyone have a formula that will calculate, based on your Blessing settings, how many straight pips your acct can survive before you hit Equity Protection level?

According to the manual (have you read it?), Blessing is safest when all settings are set to auto and use default sets posted for EURUSD, USDJPY. Still, anticipate the market by following news.

As for my testing on demo, I'll push the EA where I can. The following settings are not what I used to get stopped out Mar 18--but only one I like to range trade:

Equity Protect=true, float=50, MM=false, LAF=1, lot=0.02, Muti-1.4, AutoCal=false, GAF=1, GS1=5, TP1=20, GS2=15, TP2=60, GS3=45, TP3=180, Time=2400, MC=2+true, EMA=100, Set1=3, Set2=4, Max=9, BE=9

All my strategy testing is on M1; but I put it on 5 min chart forward testing. I have tried running 4 pairs but think just EURUSD is good.

Interesting settings PFV

I have been testing your settings, but have you noticed that when the 50% equity protection is hit Blessing closes some of the trades, but not always all trades?

And when Blessing starts trading again it continues actualy at the first next level that is open? This causes higher risk. In your settings you have Maxlevel at 9 which would mean that with a multiplier of 1.4 and a 0.01 lot size you would only get up to 0.21 lots.

However, and I have seen it in forward testing too, when the equity protection is hit, it will close down some of the smaller lots and continues counting with 0.21 so it could turn out that you find yourself with 1.57 lots so greater risk.

Has anyone experienced this too? It deos also happen with the default settings.

Maybe Iron can use this input aswell.

Regards

Hello all,

Is anybody using blessing live in any ECN broker? Is it better than using market makers?

fafajuju:
Hello all, Is anybody using blessing live in any ECN broker? Is it better than using market makers?

Given the number of executed trades, you will be incurring some

pretty heavy commission costs.

Rob

Crash72:
Interesting settings PFV

However, and I have seen it in forward testing too, when the equity protection is hit, it will close down some of the smaller lots and continues counting with 0.21 so it could turn out that you find yourself with 1.57 lots so greater risk.

Has anyone experienced this too? It deos also happen with the default settings.

Maybe Iron can use this input aswell.

Regards

Crash, thank you for the analysis.

I'm glad actually that you and anyone else that would pick the charts and history data, actually want to understand how Blessing and any other EA will trade!

Thank you for the EA!

No Trades

I've loaded the Blessing V4.8 with stock settings trading EUR (4hr) on a $5K account but after 2hrs there are no orders...is this normal..?

Yes, it's possible especially considering where we are at on the chart; over the 100 MA and the Euro is bouncing off a resistance area. I have 4 positions open right now, all in the red.

FYI, make sure you have a smiley face showing the EA is enabled.