Fire EA: Can you create this EA? - page 5

I just tested a little on the H1, seems to work...

but don't go higher then H1, or the time calculations are wrong.

It needs to find the right time on a bar.

If you stick with M15 you can use also 8:45 or 16:45, 15 minutes before market or after... you can NOT do this in a H1 time frame, otherwise the HIGH and LOW are wrong, for a 24 hour calculation.

I think also, not sure, if it's on H1, and the bar is still forming where it has to place an order to start if it's going over the HIGH or the LOW, that the HIGH and the LOW still shift till the next bar is formed. But this is then 1 hour later. So if you want to start at 9 hour, and it's going higher on the 9 hour bar, it only shift the HIGH, but doesn't place a trade on the 9 hour bar, it will trade on the 10 hour... (but not sure, if somebody can test that, or notice that in the backtesting?)

So for me, M15 will work more accurate.

keep in mind, this version doesn't do anything on a life/demo account, only for backtesting. It will give you a visual help, but no trading.

Any results of the backtesting?

Any idea to improve?

Any issues with the StopLoss?

fireslayer26:
Yes, its working good on my laptop. Question about the 15M period, does my chart have to stay on 15M or is that just for the back testing?

Looks like it will work pretty good. Though it says its now expired.

EA

Important!

*Only for Tester

*Use in 15M Period

*Set time in 24hour mode (use 15min steps)

*Check your broker time difference with your local time and adjust

*Lowest TP for my broker is 10pips

The gray box is the High and Low taken in mostly a 24h period, depends if there is a weekend in between, Blue and Red line are the take action lines for current day (testing day) ...

you can follow it nicely in your test chart ...

my opinion: the use with no StopLoss is hopeless

I like to follow up things, thought the tread was forgotten and moved on with something else...

Have you another idea to improve this EA?

(let me know)

fireslayer26:
Looks like it will work pretty good. Though it says its now expired.
Files:

Hey tried the new version today. Even though I set the stoploss for 1000. It triggered a stop loss AT the buy price. It also set a stop loss on the Sell stop AT the Sell price.

can you give more detail of your setup? your currency pair, timeframe,... I'll check what's happening...

fireslayer26:
Hey tried the new version today. Even though I set the stoploss for 1000. It triggered a stop loss AT the buy price. It also set a stop loss on the Sell stop AT the Sell price.

Mt4, M15, Gbpjpy, 23:00.

It did not make a demo trade when it crossed the low yesterday. Do you have it set not to trade, just for visual?

:: Other people test this EA? Ideas to improve?

:: I did some back testing (optimized ), I had 200 tests with different TP & SL settings... I did 6 months test on GJ ( begin this year ), lot size 0.1 ... the result was that only 8 positive outcomes (profits) could be made, the rest failed (profit loss), and that is allot. What I didn't test is the time settings. Does it matter? For a back test I don't think it is, the outcome will be low, if you choose a different time, but it will give at least a good outcome... not what it is now.

:: There is a thread here... Daily GBP/JPY Breakout System they use another way of settings: time, strategy... but also breakout... there is no EA, perhaps you can try/study that, the results can be more reliable then previous. Whatever it is, it can be improved and/or build in this EA.

:: I will do an update of the coding and post it, then you can trade on demo or live

fireslayer26:
It did not make a demo trade when it crossed the low yesterday. Do you have it set not to trade, just for visual?