10p3 - Multi currency pair - page 11

Optimization v1.01 on EURUSD

Here is another optimization report for v1.01.

Currency pair: EURUSD

Data source: Alpari History Centre

Timeframe: 1 hour

Period covered: July 2004 to Dec 31 2006 (3.5 years)

Account type: 1

The settings file is attached.

I think you will agree that the results are promising.

Question: Should we test on different account types. I chose type 1 because I believe that this is the basic type, but I am not too familiar with brokers' account types. If I were to open a standard account on, say FXDD, which type would that be? Or a mini account on some other broker?

I wait for Dave's word on what further testing needs to be done. But I would like to see testing on JPY pairs, perhaps with USD and GBP for starters.

Until David makes further suggestions, I will go back to v0.04 to see if I can smooth out the curve as per David's suggestions by reducing risk and playing with SL.

Thanks again to David and others for contributing.

autumn

need help

can you post your versions (v1.00 v1.01 v0.04) of the 10p3, cause i thinks i have trouble with mine.

my curve looks like this all the time.

maybe it's a problem with other settings?

and I need help with another thing....

for some strange reason I can't save my reports, i tried saving in html, i changed the path - nothing works.

Thanks!

Files:

autumnleaves:
Here is another optimization report for v1.01.

Currency pair: EURUSD

Data source: Alpari History Centre

Timeframe: 1 hour

Period covered: July 2004 to Dec 31 2006 (3.5 years)

Account type: 1

The settings file is attached.

I think you will agree that the results are promising.

Question: Should we test on different account types. I chose type 1 because I believe that this is the basic type, but I am not too familiar with brokers' account types. If I were to open a standard account on, say FXDD, which type would that be? Or a mini account on some other broker?

I wait for Dave's word on what further testing needs to be done. But I would like to see testing on JPY pairs, perhaps with USD and GBP for starters.

Until David makes further suggestions, I will go back to v0.04 to see if I can smooth out the curve as per David's suggestions by reducing risk and playing with SL.

Thanks again to David and others for contributing.

autumn

As long as we have some promising setups, we're good to go forward testing either on v1.01 and 0.04. For the 0.04 on GBPUSD mini, I think it need a very very long time to prove whether it work. May be atleast 1/2 year.

FXDD is just nice for AccountType=1. Basically not many of us using StrategyBuilderFX,NorthFinance. AccountType=0 is just preinstalled in the system just incase. I've never expected people will use them. Forward testing on FXDD should resemble the backtest we made here based on AccountType=1.

aqz:
can you post your versions (v1.00 v1.01 v0.04) of the 10p3, cause i thinks i have trouble with mine.

my curve looks like this all the time.

maybe it's a problem with other settings?

and I need help with another thing....

for some strange reason I can't save my reports, i tried saving in html, i changed the path - nothing works.

Thanks!

We did not make any changes on the EA so far. About the settings, you can always download the Backtested HTML and refer to the settings inside. Bear in mind, broker time is very crusial for this EA, as it doesn't really know how to handle high volatility movement during US session. If the Start,StopHour is mixed up with broker's time, then most probably its gonna blow up just like your various backtest that unable to compare to mine and autumn's. I'm not sure why you canot save the html, may be your computer overloaded? Try to restart it with minimum software preload in the memory, that may be help. I'm sorry to say I'm not a expert in doing backtesting. If you still have any doubt, there is a special section here in TSD for backtesting/optimization. Feel free to check them out, and thank you for your participation.

Regards

David

thanks , I'll try to figure it out...

you are right about the time ,maybe because I am in GMT +2 time zone i need to change somthing?

found it!

changed the usertimefilter to false.....

wish I could save the report and show you guys.

now I just need to sort out the other problem and we're in business.

autumnleaves:

Just to add a little bit, I wouldn't trade with any JPY related pairs as they're very much deviate from indicator's action. The Japanese Yen mostly are fundamental driven. Try to look at the chart, how many times when a DEATH CROSS happens while market going up. When BoJ decided to bring down the yen, nothing can resist it. They have too much important exports need to dealt with certain agreed value of their goods; there is no way you will buy a JDM with USDJPY=75.00, because the same amount of dollar you spend for a JDM can buy a Mustang, dont you agree?

Regards

David

Now I understand !

david,

thank you for your explantion. Now I understand how you are using the filter. Your explantion makes perfect sence. I was thinking it would be used a different way. I'll do some more testing with the Trigger.

Thanks again,

Ken

davidke20:
I must say you're not wrong at your point of view. Let me get this straight, you're looking for the stochastics CROSSING 80% and CROSSING 20% as a buy/sell signal, whereas my intention for stochastics here is only meant for passive signal filter. The main signal still came from MACD. Means when MACD having a DEATH CROSS, whilst Stochastics is less then 20%, we do not allow sell. The motive behind this is, when MACD giving DEATH CROSS, most probably market will head down, but at the same time Stochastics is lower then 20%(OverSold), which have very great chance market will bounce back up, in short MACD could be false signal. Vice versa for MACD's GOLDEN CROSS, only take buy when Stochastics below 80%(Not OverBought). This is my discretion on in V1.

You can simply make a change on your Stochastics discretion. You can try to make Stochastics as your main indicator instead of MACD by add and remove some codes. I have no problem with that.

Regards

David

JDM and Mustang

David,

I see your point. However, doesn't that make the currency more volatile? And isn't volatility measurable by indicators?

What pairs would you suggest for optimization? At this point I have done only EURUSD and GPBUSD.

Thanks for all your help.

autumn