Cable Ambush - page 3

wow, it even works on M15 & M5 timeframes, although a little choppy.

Cheers, Kris

Well, the H1 timeframe beats the 5-min chop hands down.

Attached is the Back-Test on Alpari UK with the settings posted today.

Thanks Tokarus for this EA.

I have been giving it a try on my demo and it is doing quite well

On attached screen pls disregard orders commented with "universal" and "666666".

Files:
35n25wn.jpg  214 kb

hi Kris,

the first days i see

your EA is profitable and is working.

do you have more information about the method.

(It is based on David Willis' work on The_Only_Pivot, but David is currently not in the position to help)

is there excisting a thread about David Willis work?

thanks

Peter

Hi Peter,

This is my method and it is relatively easy to follow. I divide 24-hr trading cycle into three major sessions (JP, EU & US). Then we take the previous session's Hi/Lo levels to calc Fib levels that will be projected over the current session. E.g. we take JP session (00h00..6h59 GMT) high/low values to determine the Fib levels and draw them over the EU session (7h00...12h59 GMT). When the US market opens (13h00 GMT) we take the EU high/low to calculate the fib levels and draw them over the current/US session. The levels are described in the first post.

I give David Willis credit for his work on theOnlyPivot (posted on ForexFactory forum), as he took the time to share with me how the EA works. TheOnlyPivot is an entirely diff strategy, but once I understood his code I was able to use David's framework to devise my own strategy. I am not a developer and I am not able at this stage to develop the EA from scratch, so I appreciate professional help :-)

In a similar way Linuxser also deserves credit as he helped us modify the indicator, enabling us to test our EA in various timeframes (old indicator used to crash MT4 in shorter tieframes).

Cheers, Kris

peterpalme:
hi Kris,

the first days i see

your EA is profitable and is working.

do you have more information about the method.

(It is based on David Willis' work on The_Only_Pivot, but David is currently not in the position to help)

is there excisting a thread about David Willis work?

thanks

Peter

zero1:
Thanks Tokarus for this EA.

I have been giving it a try on my demo and it is doing quite well

On attached screen pls disregard orders commented with "universal" and "666666".

Wooah, not bad results.

Hello,

Is it possible to have the posibility when reached a certain amount to close all positions and not trade more for the day ?

I know there is a separare ea for this but is there a way to have this ?

Thank you

B

Hello,

Can I make THE EA to produce sounds each time it sells buys or stops an order?

It is muted and I want a heads up when it does its thing.

Is there any adjustement or an indicator i can find for this job?

Finally what isthe method it stops an order ?trailing ,stop loss ?

Thank you

B

The Stop-Loss is a Stop-and-Reverse, when the market CLOSES on the opposite side of the Ambush Zone (0.382...0.618).

Second stop is a Spike-Stop, dealing with News. Because the first Stop-Loss waits for the candle to close on the other side of the Ambush Zone, it is possible that it is a news event and the market will run in that direction. Because the market could run 100-pips within an hour, I have a Spike-Stop, for situation where the market goes +50-pips against our entry level. In that case we want to get out from in gront of a fraight-train at any level. You can adjust the Spike-Stop level.

Third stop is at Close Of Trading Day (default parameter set to 22h00, but you can change it).

Profit targets are previously defined... Fib 1.000, 1.272 & 1.618.

By the way the Stop-Loss might be a little confusing as the EA does not publish the Stop-Loss level (so it is not visible to the bucket-shop broker).

In terms of alerts, I dont know how to include them. This EA is intended for purely mechanical trading, without the adult supervision.

Cheers, Kris

I started to test Ambush_III_GBP EA for GBPUSD and EURUSD.

Please find updated statements.