W D Gann Indicators and others - page 11

Gann 9Squared indicator

OK I finally decided to post this indicator for others to try. I developed this indicator in conjunction with Patrick Nouvion over at IBFX. My concepts, his coding.

This indicator will plot support and resistance lines based on Ganns Square of 9 formulas. It also plots the Fib Time zones in an approximation of squaring time with price. There certainly is no other way that I have found described as to how best to use that tool.

Anyways, first you need to identify a significant high or low that you wish to use as the reference point. Use a daily or 4hr chart and pick the most recent high or low where the market reversed. Enter that price in the value box.

Next you need to set the angle for the calculations. The smaller the angle the closer the S/R lines will be to each other. Since this is based on 9, I use multiples of 9 for my angles. You can use whatever you like, fib numbers, whatever. I find 18 to be pretty consistent. You will be surprised at how often price pauses or consolidates at these levels.

DisplayFibCycles will plot the Fib Time Zones at the correct levels based on the formulas. The only use I have found for this feature is to use it to draw channels for anticipated price movement. I use the Fibo Channel tool with modified levels. Place start point for channel on the exact high or low you are using. Place second point on the intersection of either the second or third time line and the second or third gann line in the direction of price movement. Third point or start of the other side of the channel goes on the intersection of the start time line and the second or third gann line below the one you used for point two.

Anyways, Play with it and see what you come up with and I hope it is useful..

Does not repaint and does not rely on anything other than the start value you enter.

Square of Nine in Excel link previously noted provided a lot of the insight for this indicator and is good reading.

Steve

Files:

asking about gann

i wanna learn about gann, i have 3 book about gann :

1. Halliker's Gann Masters Technical Analysis Course

2. Windsor Books, The W D Gann Method Of Trading [1990]

3. W[1].D. Gann - Master Stock Market Course

but i don`t understand at all this 3 book, to difficult to understand....is there anyone have recomendations what book should i read that easy to understand for beginner ( show us how to make gann step by step and how to trade using it? ) please help me...........

Jessica keough:
i wanna learn about gann, i have 3 book about gann :

1. Halliker's Gann Masters Technical Analysis Course

2. Windsor Books, The W D Gann Method Of Trading [1990]

3. W[1].D. Gann - Master Stock Market Course

but i don`t understand at all this 3 book, to difficult to understand....is there anyone have recomendations what book should i read that easy to understand for beginner ( show us how to make gann step by step and how to trade using it? ) please help me...........

Gann didn't wrote that books. It's written by somebody who says I know how Gann traded. But he/she really knows?

Gann is really difficult to understand. A Larry Pasavento friend, John Twentyman, tooks two full years to study his works.

I have How to make profits in commodities and it's really hard to read.

You should start with the files I've posted some time ago.

hi linuxer, i try to download it..but when i extract your winzip file...some error appear..what happened?

Jessica keough:
hi linuxer, i try to download it..but when i extract your winzip file...some error appear..what happened?

Download three files.

You need to have installed WinRar, Winzip, Izarc or 7z (last two are free).

Select the file with name wdgan001.zip with right click, go to the menu of the someone above programs and decompress.

William Eckhart on Gann trading (Jack Schwager's Market Wizards book):

"I have always been amazed by how many people are oblivious to the time scale-dependent nature of chart angles or unconcerned about its ramifications. My realization of the inherent arbitrariness of slope of line methods is precisely why I've never been willing to spend five minutes on Gann angles or the works by the proponents of his methodology."

About W D Gann and George Bayer

Mr. Steve Radatats,

Awesome you'd share this indicator...I'd love to see your implementation...your indicators are always special...but,

I get nothing when I try it. Tried changing colors and lots of things. Any help please?

Have you change the value according to your currency significant swing high/low?

If yes,I ve no idea.

Poocher's problem

I have the same problem as Poocher. Surely someone can help us to get ours to run correctly?

Both Poocher and I are experienced enough to follow your instructions correctly.

Steve, could you please help us here? Thanks in advance.

Best wishes.

Files:
gann_sq_9.jpg  23 kb

Just delete and replace default value 1.1234 with current significant high or low of your currency symbol ( in my picture it is high GBP/JPY 208.93 ) and it will work.

Go ahead , try it ;-)

Files:
gann.gif  28 kb