EA M series, for EURJPY, based on OZfx - page 19

My forward test in h4 continues to perform. Few orders but in gain. Setting are same of #179 post.

I'm trying to find good backtesting results for smaller TimeFrame to test it in live demo. Anyone have good settings for h1, m30 or m15?

Files:
myozfx2.htm  14 kb
myozfx2.gif  5 kb

polohot:
When I test this EA I've always got this problem

"ordersend error 131"

can anybody help me?

error 131 its mean invalid trade volume...

MY OZZy EA used for single/double digit forex account...

please check minimal lot for sour account....if your broker just permit minlot=1; then u must try other broker with minlot= 0.1 or 0.01;

Thanks.

magik600:
2008.10.14 10:41:26 2008.10.14 04:00 Cannot open file 'D:\Program Files\Straighthold Trader\experts\indicators\Awesome.ex4' on the EURJPY,H1

That is mean your doesn't have Awesome indicator. this indi is standard indi on MT4,... if u not have that indi, u can reinstall your MT4 or just copy awesome indi from other MT4 to u D:\Program Files\Straighthold Trader\experts\indicators folder.

Thanks.

Hi to you all and a big thank you to all that contribute to this forum.

After many tries I think that ozfx has a good potential and have devoted much eforts to find the optimal settings. I am not able to program in mq4 but hoping that will eventually be one day. However, I am good "user" so I'll post you my result, hoping that will lead to some improvements.

So here it goes:

My main points: ozfx works well on eurjpy and have found good parameters for 30m. This way it generates enough trades to see how it works without that mush risk as 15m.

I have thought, and correct me if wrong, that using this EA on a negative correlated pair, with similar parameters will eventually reduce my risk. But that's just a thought. So the best pair for that is usdchf.

Another thought: no EA will be useful for longer than six months without modifying its parameters. Risk and volatility do change. Last couple of months prove my point. So, I think a good EA, needs at least every 3 to 6 months optimizing.

So back to the sets. Both had a bad February to March 2008, so I started to try to find a good set of parameters for 01/05/2008 to today. Will come back to longer time frames later.

I have used the previus version of EA (My OZFx Squeeze v3.1) with the attached results until end of september. Optimized with proper data (alpari, on seperate installation) so that to get 90% results.

My broker is ODL. I have forward tested on demo account during September, with similar results as per strategy tester. First week of October, I went live. As you can see with the sets on strategy tester, I had mix results.

Last weakend, I have optimized the new version found above, again on the same sets , with 30m, same period, so that to compare the results.

I have found good sets, attached. However, forwad testing started on Monday, clearly a BAD IDEA.

However, I do like it , and intend to go live.

results on eurjpy

Now, the problem. On the longer time frame, on eurjpy, march 2007 and feb to april 2008 are a disaster. On the results below the only different parameters is the risk wich is reduced to 0,01 instead of 0,02, so that to survive during the timeframe.

What can we implement to stop that huge gaps? I have read somewhere, that trading during those months has low volume so volatility is more and these can happen. Any ideas?

Here's my result and set file for 15 Oct 07 to 15 Oct 08.

I'm forward testing with these settings starting today.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi need some help

How to use blessing 3.3 in MT 4 appreciate if anyone can help me with the setup..

thank yo

sathia