LabTrend - page 22

Hi. I took the foolish decision to take this system and play with it directly on live.

For the first time in my entire FX career( 1 month old ) I found a system smart enough to calm me down and make me play after the rules.

I follow the rules Linux suggest like a blind man and I have to tell you everything goes well .

I'm now in day 4 of testing, i m using a 0.5 lot for trade with a 500$ account and 500:1 leverage and with a daily profit/loss target of $200 .

After 3 days i m 600$ profit and all the profit is back in my account.

You all are going to say that I'm been lucky and i m crazy playing like that. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe this system is fitting me perfectly .

Though I feel something is missing. I thought the zigzag will help me fill the gap BUT i don't understand that zigzag. Wish there would be 1 post where this indicator could be explained and eventualyl how It could be applied here.

I personally could use some support-resistance indicator and a market type (trendy etc ). Which one you recommend here ?

Cheers

vmi:
Hi. I took the foolish decision to take this system and play with it directly on live.

For the first time in my entire FX career( 1 month old ) I found a system smart enough to calm me down and make me play after the rules.

I follow the rules Linux suggest like a blind man and I have to tell you everything goes well .

I'm now in day 4 of testing, i m using a 0.5 lot for trade with a 500$ account and 500:1 leverage and with a daily profit/loss target of $200 .

After 3 days i m 600$ profit and all the profit is back in my account.

You all are going to say that I'm been lucky and i m crazy playing like that. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe this system is fitting me perfectly .

Though I feel something is missing. I thought the zigzag will help me fill the gap BUT i don't understand that zigzag. Wish there would be 1 post where this indicator could be explained and eventualyl how It could be applied here.

I personally could use some support-resistance indicator and a market type (trendy etc ). Which one you recommend here ?

Cheers

No need for ZZ on this system. SR indicator? we're already using it here. Read the thread again, you're missing several things.

Labtrend + Ichimoku

I have been using Labtrend + Ichimoku for 2.5 months at H1, H4 and D1.

Ichimoku plays very important role in filtering out a lot of false signals, providing support/resistance and also breakout signal.

Although number of trades is not many in 2.5 months, almost every trade is confirm/profitable trade.

My winning rate is 88% (out of 47 live trades). The largest profit is 609 pips in one trade on EUDUSD.

thank you so much. this changes my trading life.

Files:

Alright Linux. If you say I don't need zz it's fine . I'll checked about the SR (what's the post number )cause i read the thread many times and I couldn't see it . Probably because of some terms misunderstanding .

Anyway, the system gave me hopes. It's good so good . I'm scalping 1min with it and I have success .

I observed that I lose more when I enter in a trade which is against the bigger trend m15,m1, m4 .If I go with the overall trend it's perfect .

Another thing where I hate my self is when I get out too early. It happened to me quite a lot of time.

At some moment I decided to play 5 pips win and exit. It works fine with some exceptions when I get behind for some 10-20 pips and I have to wait ... .

I could use the RSI that we have now with auto divergence drawing . Any idea how I can enable it ?

I'll try with the ichimoku cloud . Are there any special settings for 1 min ? Please let me know and thanks for suggestion digitalman .

Cheers

vmi:

I could use the RSI that we have now with auto divergence drawing . Any idea how I can enable it ?

Cheers

You need some special RSI. Check this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178733

Crude Oil and LabTrend

Hi All,

I want first to say thank you for these very interesting indicators and all detailed explanations to use it.

I'm trading crude oil and want to know if you have advices on using LabTrend whit it, what TF do you use ?

Here's a screenshot M15 for crude oil with LabTrend

Thank you fot your advices

Lougavot

Files:

I am asking if Igorad is able to add email capability to Labtrend 1. The indicator is great but it would be awesome to have that added as many like to get email alerts to the phone on trade setups.

TrendLabs_add_ABS

Hi,

When I added the TrendLabs_add_ABS to the chart, I get the following error in the experts tab; "TrendLabs_add_ABS:invalid handle 0 in FileClose"

The indicator is working fine but I was wondering if anybody can take a look at the indicator and fix this error.

Thanks,

Jim

Files:

Hi,

Have the same issue

Jim,

Don't worry

It does not affect the work of the indicator in any way. You are getting the message because varWriteFilevariable at the beginning of the code is set to false. In that case "trendlabs.csv" file is not opened for writing and in the later code, when an attempt to close a file that was never opened is made, you are getting that message. That is all

You can leave it as is, or replace the start function with this one (just 2 lines are slightly changed - checking on handle is done for "-1" since that is a value that is returned by open function when a file can not be opened)

int start()

{

int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted(); int limit;

int handle=-1;

if(counted_bars<0) return(-1);

limit=Bars-counted_bars-1;

if (varWriteFile==true)

{

handle=FileOpen("trendlabs.csv",FILE_CSV|FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE,',');

FileWrite(handle,"ABS","AddSignal","TrendEnvelopes","TrendStrength","LabTrend1","LabTrend2","LabTrend3","VoltyChannel_Stop","TrendRSI","All_TrendEnvelopes_v3","TurboTrendStrength");

}

for(int shift=0; shift<limit; shift++)

{

Buffer[shift]=

funcGetAbsoluteStrength(shift)+

iCustom(NULL,0,"AddSignal_v1.1",2,shift)+

iCustom(NULL,0,"TrendEnvelopes_v2",6,shift)+

iCustom(NULL,0,"TrendStrength_v2",7,shift)+

iCustom(NULL,0,"LabTrend1_v4",7,shift)+

iCustom(NULL,0,"LabTrend2_v2",4,shift)+

iCustom(NULL,0,"LabTrend3_v2",6,shift)+

iCustom(NULL,0,"VoltyChannel_Stop_v2.1",6,shift)+

iCustom(NULL,0,"TrendRSI_v3",6,shift)+

iCustom(NULL,0,"All_TrendEnvelopes_v3",6,shift)+

iCustom(NULL,0,"TurboTrendStrength",7,shift);

if (varWriteFile==true)

{

FileWrite(handle,funcGetAbsoluteStrength(shift),

iCustom(NULL,0,"AddSignal_v1.1",2,shift),

iCustom(NULL,0,"TrendEnvelopes_v2",6,shift),

iCustom(NULL,0,"TrendStrength_v2",7,shift),

iCustom(NULL,0,"LabTrend1_v4",7,shift),

iCustom(NULL,0,"LabTrend2_v2",4,shift),

iCustom(NULL,0,"LabTrend3_v2",6,shift),

iCustom(NULL,0,"VoltyChannel_Stop_v2.1",6,shift),

iCustom(NULL,0,"TrendRSI_v3",6,shift),

iCustom(NULL,0,"All_TrendEnvelopes_v3",6,shift),

iCustom(NULL,0,"TurboTrendStrength",7,shift));

}

}

if (handle>-1) FileClose(handle);

return(0);

}

regards

mladen

94315jim:
Hi,

When I added the TrendLabs_add_ABS to the chart, I get the following error in the experts tab; "TrendLabs_add_ABS:invalid handle 0 in FileClose"

The indicator is working fine but I was wondering if anybody can take a look at the indicator and fix this error.

Thanks,

Jim