Martingale EA - page 80

For me, the trailing stop seems to work without any fault - the only thing is, I set the TSLoss_Percent as 17 - not as 83 - Because, I think it is supposed to be the other way around to consider to accept the loss percentage. Please check this way, and correct me if I am wrong.

Files:
cable_6.gif  50 kb

For those of you logged into the test account for the M30 (with the setfile in the post above) I had to close all the trades manually with a $55.30 profit. The Trailing Stop is not working even partially or with incorrect calc's...it is just plain not functioning....(there is a possibility of the input using a mirrored value) and I removed the EA v1.6.

I am waiting for wolfe tonight, Please stand by.

ES

P.S. I am still trading the original kayvan EA and you are welcome to log in...it is approaching 10% profit...and has been running nonstop since Feb. 14th, 2008 with a max of 6.4 reached, just once.

Thanks ES, this new version has the "trailing profit amount" - brainstrom from wolfe. Never seen anywhere else. Hope we will be able to ride this EA flawlessly soon.

ElectricSavant:
sivach,

You may be correct eventhough I meticulously confirmed my settings with wolfe, publically (see quote below).

I have read your posts in tsd and you have good posts and I have no reason to believe that you are not correct.

I have set the profit to a static 5 bucks for now and disabled the TS, and will wait for wolfe to post tonight.

Hey this is testing and the nature of the game...Thanks again si....

ES

P.S. The test account got a nice bonus is the good thing! But we really should not use the progression reached...the TS would have taken us out a lot earlier. I was waiting to see if it would and had to intervene while I had the chance as it would not kick in. If I had the mirror of the settings then that would explain much.

sivach,

You may be correct eventhough I meticulously confirmed my settings with wolfe, publically (see quote below).

I have read your posts in tsd and you have good posts and I have no reason to believe that you are not correct. But why didn't you jump in with your discovery sooner? I notice there are many thousands of views here and many are silent...why is that?

I have set the profit to a static 5 bucks for now and disabled the TS, and will wait for wolfe to post tonight.

Hey this is testing and the nature of the game...Thanks again si....and when using the default of 50%...no way could wolfe know, as the mirror would not have been revealed with the 50% setting....

ES

P.S. The test account got a nice bonus is the good thing! But we really should not use the progression reached...the TS would have taken us out a lot earlier. I was waiting to see if it would and had to intervene while I had the chance as it would not kick in. If I had the mirror of the settings then that would explain much.

sivach:
For me, the trailing stop seems to work without any fault - the only thing is, I set the TSLoss_Percent as 17 - not as 83 - Because, I think it is supposed to be the other way around to consider to accept the loss percentage. Please check this way, and correct me if I am wrong.
wolfe:
83.4% of 6 = 6 x 0.834 = 5.004

83.3% of 6 = 6 x 0.833 = 4.998

So, this is about right.

Close_By_Profit & TSLoss_Percent are ignored when Use_Trailing_Stop=true

Yes sivach...I have never seen a trail on the float before...

wolfe has a lot on his plate and chunks of his public code will surely be snipped and pasted in the future...by copy and paste jockey's.

Please excuse my demeaner....I have had quite a morning...

ES

I restarted the M30 test with a 5 buck profit and I turned the Trailing Stop (TS) off. Please excuse the confusion and all are welcome to log in and watch this great EA v1.6 function. The TS will be fixed when wolfe gets back, meanwhile use this setfile I will use below.

ES

Start_Lot_Size=0.10000000

Lot_Size_Increment=0.10000000

Long_Short_Balance=0

Balance_Weight=0.10000000

Double_Lotsize=1

Choose_Own_Progression=0

Trade_1=0.00000000

Trade_2=0.00000000

Trade_3=0.00000000

Trade_4=0.00000000

Trade_5=0.00000000

Trade_6=0.00000000

Trade_7=0.00000000

Trade_8=0.00000000

Trade_9=0.00000000

Trade_10=0.00000000

Trade_11=0.00000000

Trade_12=0.00000000

Trade_13=0.00000000

Trade_14=0.00000000

Trade_15=0.00000000

Trade_16=0.00000000

Trade_17=0.00000000

Trade_18=0.00000000

Trade_19=0.00000000

Trade_20=0.00000000

Max_Trades=11

Close_All_Max=1

Pyramid=1

Auto_Restart=1

Use_MA_Entry=0

Next_Trade=20

MA_Period=7

MA_Timeframe=60

Use_Kayvan_Method=1

Bar_Timeframe=30

Bars_Look_Back=2

EntryLag_Long=3

EntryLag_Short=4

Last_Entry_Filter=0

Use_Trailing_Stop=0

Trail_Start=6.00000000

TSLoss_Percent=83.40000000

Close_By_Percent=0

TP_Percent=5.00000000

SL_Percent=10.00000000

Close_By_Profit=5.00000000

Close_By_StopLoss=99999.00000000

Slippage=2

Number_Of_Tries=5

Sound=1

ES, thanks for your reply. This forum have great contributors lihe yourself and others, that's what makes this a great place to hang around whenever possible.

Maybe language barrier and the fear of martingaling makes so many viewers hesistate to posting their feedbacks.

This "profit trailing" will play important part in martingaling theory, and we should be ever thankful to wolfe for this alone. Because, in my opinion, trailing the profit will considerably reduce the martingaling period and next cycle will be moved furthur.

ElectricSavant:
sivach,

I have read your posts in tsd and you have good posts and I have no reason to believe that you are not correct. But why didn't you jump in with your discovery sooner? I notice there are many thousands of views here and many are silent...why is that?

Hey this is testing and the nature of the game...Thanks again si....and when using the default of 50%...no way could wolfe know, as the mirror would not have been revealed with the 50% setting....

ES

well,

It has been my experience that a TS can be used TOGETHER with a TP..But I can live without that...(but some support and resistence traders prefer it)

but since this uses the float...maybe support and resistence would have nothing to do with it.

ES

The entries with a lookback of 12 on a "pyramid: true" on the M5 Cable with a 3 and 4 lag on the "LastEntryFilter: true" with the kayvan doubling are definatly not executing at the correct price...

wolfe, try it...you will see it does not take long to have the error occur...I have no idea what it is doing...but I think it is the lookback...is 12 too many? I am going to change it to 9 and see what happens maybe its a number of digit thingy... Late Edit: 9 seems to work ok...so its the number of digits bug ..when I used 12 in the input it looked at the 1 in the two digits of 1 & 2 to make 12.

ES

P.S. This is the best EA I have worked with...there are so many possibilites...folks we have not even touched all the possibilities that we can use with what we have right now. If only the bugs are corrected we can accomplish most of what we need for Price Action. I suggest that you contact wolfe for private projects as we have the basic open architecture EA here publically...more esoteric applications you can contact wolfe about. Naturally, I do not speak for wolfe, but this is a very complex EA to be tinkering with publically. He He...BUT if you find something that is just absolutly fantasic with wolfe privatley let me know you guys owe me

What am i doing wrong? Can somebody please help me with the settings? It is TFX v1_6_rev1 (initial settings) GU H1 for last year, but it killed account after 1 month.

Thanks a lot!

Files: