Martingale EA - page 27

ElectricSavant:
Guys,

I have a feeling that wolfe is cutting out half of the lines of code and making TFX a MACHINE!

ES

That's the idea, but testing isn't proving itself as well as v1_4 yet. It must work flawlessly on multiple pairs at once. v1_4 does this, but with a ton of code. I have received some ideas on how to streamline the code, but it isn't testing right just yet.

Also trying to include some thread ideas as well.

Hoped to have it ready by today, but it's not right yet.

How is everyone's testing going?

I am not finding the right pairs...settings...anything yet to make a profit...but I believe in this EA..

Es

I started tonight with a new account testing the 6 majors with lot size set to .1, increment 0, next trade 50, TP $50, SL $1000. I will post results at the end of week. Is the time frame set to minutes (60m = 1hr)?

lcfxtrader:
I started tonight with a new account testing the 6 majors with lot size set to .1, increment 0, next trade 50, TP $50, SL $1000. I will post results at the end of week. Is the time frame set to minutes (60m = 1hr)?

Lets hope the test goes well Icfx.

The Timeframe parameter controls which time frame the moving average is pulled from, regardless which chart you are attached to.

I coded to use numbers 1-7, that way if someone wanted to quickly run time frames through the optimizer, they could do so.

Here are their values:

if (Timeframe==1){MA_Timeframe=1;}//(1 min)

if (Timeframe==2){MA_Timeframe=5;}//(5 min)

if (Timeframe==3){MA_Timeframe=15;}//(15 min)

if (Timeframe==4){MA_Timeframe=30;}//(30 min)

if (Timeframe==5){MA_Timeframe=60;}//(1 hr)

if (Timeframe==6){MA_Timeframe=240;}//(4 hr)

if (Timeframe==7){MA_Timeframe=1440;}//(1 day)

Hope that helps.

You're too kind, or patient, or something.

Thanks for believing.

ElectricSavant:
...but I believe in this EA..Es

Hey,

Look at from my side of it...

There is a coder willing to put his time into the coding AND LISTEN to his testers.

With that combination this EA will be a giant success...and it is a public EA right here in TSD..

Donations not accepted!

ES

wolfe:
You're too kind, or patient, or something. Thanks for believing.

my results

Files:

teldon:
my results

Hi teldon. Can you please tell us what settings you used to achieve that result. Thanks.

new results + settings

settings are.....

teldon:
new results + settings settings are.....

Thanks teldon. I am going to test your settings on the GBP/JPY pair (my fave) and post back the results. I already started messing around with other settings live so I can't post from a fresh account, but what I'm going to do is simply post saying if after I implemented your setting the EA started to perform better.

Although I think Next Trade being set to 18 is not going to do with GBP/JPY as that pair is a real mover if you know what I mean. Maybe something over 25 may be good. I'll try it with 18 however and see where it leads.

Cheers.