My New -Al Maram v.2- indicator - page 22

Dr.GM:
today ...most of the positions were winning positions but they all turn back by the news ... so if the trader has just alittle knowledge about fundamental analysis or technical analysis, he would won alot today ,special at the retraction of the price from the fibolevels or the extreme support/resistance level (take a look in your chart) ...

however as i said before , the results which i'll show here is completely blind , with no using either to technical analysis or fundamental analysis at all

let's see by the end of this month , where will we be ?

lost till the moment 8.91% of total balance

DR.G -

I liked the way you post the daily result here. It is very easy to follow the progress. I only trade the YEN pairs and we have almost exact results. I am confident that by end of January, the total pips will be positive.

Have a good weekend!

Having only tested this system for a little more than a week, I would like to give my opinion, for whatever that is worth.

As Dr. G pointed out in his first post, be very cautious around major fundamental (news) announcements. Things could go your way, things could go against you. Indicators mean absolutely nothing in those cases. NFP week (the first week of each month) is particularly dangerous. This is usually a time of low volatility and ranging markets. Personally, I do sometimes trade during those conditions but I close profitable positions before news time and set tight SL's on the others.

All in all, Dr. G seems to have come up with a very decent system if a little common sense is applied.

Best wishes to everyone for the new year. Make money and give a portion to charity...you won't regret it.

Live testing on Geepy begins on Monday

Hi everybody,

I am begining forward testing of the indicator on live account on Monday. I will only do that on GBPJPY only.

Thanks all

Good Luck All

Manage trigered order

Need your oppinion,

Which one is the best setting to let the triggered order search the tp or to put some trail on the profit one...

my opinion

when ever his signal indicate down trend and a long signal is triggered, i think its good to Trail profit or close at the next r1. today long trigerred, got to 70pips and is now a losing trade.

well managed to close with 30pips

Orion 7 is right...

I agree with this Orion7, and usually Jan - Feb are just a warming up session.

Rupraw, could you guys make an automatic trailing SL for Al Maram EA? a trailing SL with more technical startegy to avoid big returning movement, Specially when the TP is greater then Daily Extream Line.

It would be very good if can add a multiple entry strategy along with Al Maram EA, to boost the profit..

orion7:
Having only tested this system for a little more than a week, I would like to give my opinion, for whatever that is worth.

As Dr. G pointed out in his first post, be very cautious around major fundamental (news) announcements. Things could go your way, things could go against you. Indicators mean absolutely nothing in those cases. NFP week (the first week of each month) is particularly dangerous. This is usually a time of low volatility and ranging markets. Personally, I do sometimes trade during those conditions but I close profitable positions before news time and set tight SL's on the others.

All in all, Dr. G seems to have come up with a very decent system if a little common sense is applied.

Best wishes to everyone for the new year. Make money and give a portion to charity...you won't regret it.

i'm really speechless

i have a confidant that the results will be green by the end of the month ... but it's too much ... VERY Red now !!!!!

almost 108 pip were lost in each pair (15 pairs) !!!!

absolute RED ....!!!!

about the trailing stop ...

i think that it will be good if we moved the stoploss to the entry point once the price hit the extreme level ....

or

reduce the stop 50% once you get 50% of the TP

once you get 75% (or prefer 61.8% fibo ) of the TP move the stop loss to the entry point or further

Files:

Don't give up!

Dr GM,

In your experience of testing your indicator over several months, which are the overall best 2-3 pairs historically?

Thanks - and every system will have losing periods so don't give up!

Dr.GM:
i'm really speechless

i have a confidant that the results will be green by the end of the month ... but it's too much ... VERY Red now !!!!!

almost 108 pip were lost in each pair (15 pairs) !!!!

absolute RED ....!!!!

about the trailing stop ...

i think that it will be good if we moved the stoploss to the entry point once the price hit the extreme level ....

or

reduce the stop 50% once you get 50% of the TP

once you get 75% (or prefer 61.8% fibo ) of the TP move the stop loss to the entry point or further

Dr. GM,

Your system doesn't seem soooo good as it is !

May I suggest you to explain your ideas, to release the source of your indic and to try to improve it with the help of many competent traders / coders here ?

If your system needs more developpement, you will save a lot of time to yourself and your followers by sharing that developpement.

For example, to have two exit levels, one for each half of a position, even with a move SL to BE, is exactly the same as to have two different experts (but less comfortable for the mind). Nevertheless, it's easier to trim two simple EAs than one more complex. More, if one of both is significantly more efficient than the other one, why spend a part of risk on the less efficient ?