My New -Al Maram v.2- indicator - page 7

DR GM,

The free version attached to USDJPY on my platform does not show the buy/sell level and tp line . The value also shown wrongly (big number).

I see that you are using IBFX like I do. My charts are running fine with the free version on USD/JPY, CHF/JPY and AUD/JPY. The three other pairs on limited version are running fine on NZD/JPY, GBP/JPY and EUR/JPY. I could not use CAD/JPY and SGD/JPY as they are not available on my IBFX platform.

Do you think the mini account could have caused the problem on your charts? I am running charts on my standard account. Let me know if you could run the version on standard demo account.

Hope it helps.

ruparaw:
DR GM,

The free version attached to USDJPY on my platform does not show the buy/sell level and tp line . The value also shown wrongly (big number).

I see that you are using IBFX like I do. My charts are running fine with the free version on USD/JPY, CHF/JPY and AUD/JPY. The three other pairs on limited version are running fine on NZD/JPY, GBP/JPY and EUR/JPY. I could not use CAD/JPY and SGD/JPY as they are not available on my IBFX platform.

Do you think the mini account could have caused the problem on your charts? I am running charts on my standard account. Let me know if you could run the version on standard demo account.

Hope it helps.

TQ for your answer and yes you are right its only working on standard ac. So hope DR GM dont mind to do some tweak on the code for mini ac

Here's the picture of my USD/YEN chart from today... the trade was a winner.

So if I'm on the west coast Pacific Time zone, what the local time am I suppose to run this thing. By the way, I'm also using Interbank FX.

thanks

chomper

chomper:
Hi,

I was wondering if you could convert this great indicator for TradeStation so it would be use for trading futures?

Thanks a lot.

I'll try .

you're welcome

FXHound:
DR.GM

I got both versions up and running smoothly on my IBFX platform. It has the same time frame like your broker. Got some orders filled already for profit.. some are still in trade. Some orders are not filled yet. Only have a few questions.

When should I close filled orders that has not hit their target or stop loss? When should I cancel pending orders.. any specific time limit or cancel with new orders for next new session?

You encourage us not to risk more than 5% of total balance for this strategy. Did you mean 5% for all trades combined if I use all 8 pairs or 5% risk per order or 5% per pair (buy/sell) order?

Thanks for your help!

1- close them (the active positions) by the end of the day -let's say before candle 22:00 to avoid the asian season- (inspite that sometime it do get the target next day)

2- cancel the pending orders when you see the volume is falling in the American season "after 60% of the season time" (with no expected upcoming news -volume flow- within the next trading hours )

3- i meant 5% in total

you're welcome

patona:
Dr. GM,

for what kind of pairs the indicator was limited. In my alert-window, i can see only two pairs.

Thanks for help!

you can extend the alert-window to see the other pairs , or you can go to the post number 1 to see them

ruparaw:
DR GM,

FXHound:
TQ for your answer and yes you are right its only working on standard ac. So hope DR GM dont mind to do some tweak on the code for mini ac

ok , i'll make alittle tweaking for it

Best Regards

Dr.GM

chomper:
So if I'm on the west coast Pacific Time zone, what the local time am I suppose to run this thing. By the way, I'm also using Interbank FX.

thanks

chomper

IBFX will automatically pop up the buy/sell orders on the close of 5th candle (05:00 on IBFX) or 12 AM EST. That's the exact time it's supposed to do.

how is it possible to see history of your indicators ?

I mean such lines for the past days

Dr.GM:

Best Regards

Dr.GM

TQ for that. Just want to ask if don't mind to also edit your indicator to let us know line index number correspond with buypoint, takeprofit, stoploss...etc .

iCustom( NULL,0,"Al Maram 3",5,0,Line index, 1)...i just want to call the value to place a pending order after gmt 5.

ruparaw,

Although you can't see these index values in the DataWindow, you can call them in an expert and use a Comment() line to see what values they return. Then compare with the value displayed on your chart to sort out which buffer is which - just an idea .

ruparaw:
TQ for that. Just want to ask if don't mind to also edit your indicator to let us know line index number correspond with buypoint, takeprofit, stoploss...etc . iCustom( NULL,0,"Al Maram 3",5,0,Line index, 1)...i just want to call the value to place a pending order after gmt 5.

The unlimited usage indicator seems to have a problem with the IBFX mini account (where there is an 'm' after the symbol name), but the version that will expire in 02/2008 displays ok, I think.

Dr GM thank you for these indicators, I have loaded them up on all the IBFX JPY pairs and will follow results...

FXHound:

ruparaw:

Best Regards

Dr.GM