BlackBird ea - page 12

listing the performance was stopped.....

I have to discontinue my testing of the current BlackBird

but this EA is too important. I am working privatley with cuda...and am reaching out for ideas...I do not want this thread to die...I even posted the link to this thread in my blog...

ES

tdion:
I thought you were stepping down for awhile....

Blackbird ea

hello, i am working on version 2 will be out asap. need to make more profitable and rock solid. cuda

cuda:
hello, i am working on version 2 will be out asap. need to make more profitable and rock solid. cuda

Awesome, your the best How soon is soon, this week?

Looks like this thread is kaput

So, any news about Blackbird ? maybe the Urubu ?

I am not sure I see your results

JaForex:
Thought I would get this thread going again. Here are my results for 4/16/08 EUR/USD on the daily charts.

Settings:

lots 0.1

spread 3

growth factor 1

profit target 95

max loss 15

starting direction 1

stoploss 90

max trades 20 <-- I may remove this

slippage 3

autorestart = true

magic number 123456

Forward Testing

Thought I would get this thread going again. Here are my results from 4/16/08 through 4/18/08 EUR/USD on the daily charts.

Settings:

lots 0.1

spread 3

growth factor 1

profit target 95

max loss 15

starting direction 1

stoploss 90

max trades 20 <-- I may remove this

slippage 3

autorestart = true

magic number 123456

Playing with fire.

This EA is like playing with fire. Sooner or later you'll get burnt.

However, as far as suggestions, I would make the autosmartstart system that ES was talking about work in the following way:

Wait for the price to head close to a pivot point. Place the order in the direction of the price hitting the pivot point. Pivot points usually act like a magnet - attracting or repelling the price. If your "spread" was nearby but NOT around a pivot point, no matter which way the pivot attract or repels, you should be good. And, it seem slike a good first bet that the price will touch the pivot point.

Maybe I'll code it myself and give it a shot. I dunno.

ChazzMoney

cuda:

Cuda, if you need help on working on your EA, please tell me. I have my own FX backtesting platform, tick oriented. This might help you in getting a backtesting equivalent to a forward testing, for the last 4-5 years.