Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 59

Hi Newgital. "Use hidden stop loss seems not working well"

Hi Newdigital and Project1972,

I tried to set "Use hidden stop loss = false" (default setting is TRUE), so that after the ea places a Buy/Sell, then, the Stop loss will be placed and appeared.

But on some pairs like Audjpy, Eurusd, Audusd, the stop loss appeared.

But on some pairs like Gbpjpy, Nzdjpy, Eurgbp, the stop loss is always "0" ?

The reason is that I am using EAs on my desktop computer (not VPS), and so, in case cases when no electricity or especially at weekends when market is closed, if we use "Use hidden stop loss = True", does this EA remember the Hidden stop loss that it internally placed ?

So, to avoid the problem that Electra EA may not remember its' own stop loss in case of hidden stop loss, I prefer to set this function = False so that the stop loss will appear after the EA places a trade.

So, could you please kindly check to see if this EA work properly with stop loss appears when we set "Use hidden stop loss = false" ?

+ In addition, I did not see the Take profit of this EA at all? How will this EA decide the close a trade for a profit ? Can we make "Take profit = True" so that the Take profit will appear after this EA place a trade?

I am using and forward-testing Electra V1.17 as per your suggestion that it seems to be more consistent.

Thanks a lot

James

1. On balance drawdown only (just read the statement).

As to open floating max drawdown so it was not more than 2,000 dollars for all the pairs.

But this EA - on-balance drawdown is most important (it should be in side the statements).

+ I don't quite understand about "On-balance drawdown" and "Floating max drawdown". Please kindly post a statement, and show me what is called On-balance drawdown and what is called floating max drawdown.

Thanks a lot.

There are floating drawdown. It is when you see your Metatrader - you see for example:

So, on our case (see image): -117.14 dollars is floating drawdown. Max floating drawdown - it is maximum which was happened for some period of time - for 1 year, for half a year, or for 1 month.

Balance drawdown - it is drawdown on closed trades. In any Metatrader statement - you can see it as Max drawdown or Absolute drawdown, or related parameter as Max consecutive losers. But please - do not be confused with the figures as most important parameter in this case is Max consecutive losers.

So, in this kind of EA (MTF EA) - balance drawdown (drawdown on closed trades) are more important than drawdown on open trades based on equity.

2. Which pairs do you see and think is the consistent profit-making pairs so far after more than 1 year forward-testing them? In terms of making profitable pips as well as Low On-balance drawdown? Please help.

Statements and excel files are uploaded in the end of this thread every weekend https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173403 so you can see it by yourself.

Files:

The reason is that I am using EAs on my desktop computer (not VPS), and so, in case cases when no electricity or especially at weekends when market is closed, if we use "Use hidden stop loss = True", does this EA remember the Hidden stop loss that it internally placed ?

There are few stop loss funtions coded inside this EA (it is inside the code) so it is better to keep VPS as 'always on'.

Yes, EA will 'remember' everything and continue processing the trades after some break. But if electricity is off for many days so ... it is not good for any trading.

I will check this hidden stop loss.

In my case - I am visiting elite section servers (dediated servers) many times in a day just to see 'how is going on' for example. I am suggesting to you 'to visit' your VPS at least once in a day just to check the metatrader(s) to be opened.

Hi Newdigital. What is Equity trailing = 1?

Hi Newdigital,

Thanks for your further explanations. I am interested in this EA's advanced features.

1. Use hidden stop loss = False: I want to set this function = False so that the trade will have a shown stop loss after it places trades. This is safer in case of any long-time power cut-off, etc.

Hope that you or some genius here can revise this function properly so that when set to FALSE, the stop loss will appear. Thanks.

+ By the way, after Friday, there will be 2 days off market. So, if using "Hidden stop loss = true", then, will the EA remember its' own trades when market opens again on the next Monday ?

2 days off market can be considered as "Power off" for 2 days which is quite long. I am worried if the EA still remember its' own hidden stop loss internally or not ? This is why I like to have "Hidden stop loss = False" for safety sake. But when I set it to False, the stop loss is still hidden. So, I hope that somebody can check and correct this function TRUE/FALSE.

2. I would like to know more about "Equity trailing = 1" on Input parameter of this Electra V1.17. Please kindly explain me what is 1 here ?

Can we set this according to our own risk appetite and gain protection appetite ? How to do it ?

I noticed that even this ea made profit of over 50 pips or even 70 pips, the trailing stop does not kick in yet ? So, when will the Trailing stop start to move in ?

I noticed from your statement saying "Electra v1.17 PET 1". What is PET 1 here? I did not see "PET 1" on Electra V1.17 ?

Waiting for your further explanations soon.

Thanks a lot

James

jamesphuc72:
Hi Newdigital,

Thanks for your further explanations. I am interested in this EA's advanced features.

1. Use hidden stop loss = False: I want to set this function = False so that the trade will have a shown stop loss after it places trades. This is safer in case of any long-time power cut-off, etc.

Hope that you or some genius here can revise this function properly so that when set to FALSE, the stop loss will appear. Thanks.

+ By the way, after Friday, there will be 2 days off market. So, if using "Hidden stop loss = true", then, will the EA remember its' own trades when market opens again on the next Monday ?

2 days off market can be considered as "Power off" for 2 days which is quite long. I am worried if the EA still remember its' own hidden stop loss internally or not ? This is why I like to have "Hidden stop loss = False" for safety sake. But when I set it to False, the stop loss is still hidden. So, I hope that somebody can check and correct this function TRUE/FALSE.

2. I would like to know more about "Equity trailing = 1" on Input parameter of this Electra V1.17. Please kindly explain me what is 1 here ?

Can we set this according to our own risk appetite and gain protection appetite ? How to do it ?

I noticed that even this ea made profit of over 50 pips or even 70 pips, the trailing stop does not kick in yet ? So, when will the Trailing stop start to move in ?

I noticed from your statement saying "Electra v1.17 PET 1". What is PET 1 here? I did not see "PET 1" on Electra V1.17 ?

Waiting for your further explanations soon.

Thanks a lot

James

If you use hidden stop loss = False so EA will place stop loss. Just backtest it and see.

PET is same as for Alpha EA. It is Percent Equity Trailing. It is inside the settings. It is Percent of profit to start the closure off all the orders.

jamesphuc72,

Tis is not simple EA for explanation the settings and so on. I am suggesting to you to go to this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2 and visit/read every link there related to Alpha and Electra. Also - read whole thread here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178196

You will spend half a day but at least - you will know about the settings and so on.

EA will remember stop loss values and will process the trades even if 2 days off market can be considered. But I am suggesting to start after this 2-day-off.

When you will read the thread about the settings/parameters so the settings for Alpha and Electra is similar:

the settings can be divided onto 2 parts -

- settings for the trades;

- settings for the whole account as the protection.

Some members requested for me to create pdf files for some popular EAs about 'how to use'. So, may be - they are right - I will try to create pdf files/instruction how to use someelite section EAs to avoid reading many pages to find the reply. Because if EA will be uploaded with pdf instruction about the settings and how to use - everything will be in easy going way. So, it is just some task which I can set to myself

Hi Newdigital. Please kindly make a PDF File on Electra V1.17 EA and Alpha EA. Thanks

Hi Newdigital,

1. Yes, please kindly make a detailed explanations on Electra EA V1.17 PET and Alpha EA, together with settings that you have been using on forward-testing so far. Thanks a lot.

2. Default setting of Equity trailing = false. So, if using it as TRUE, then Percent equity trailing = 1 means 1% ? and 1% of what amount ?

2. Please explain followings:

aaa. ATR Breakeven = 1

bbb. ATR Partial close = 1.5

ccc. ATR Stop loss = 1

I also would like to know the TRUE TAKE PROFIT is how many pips profit per trade ? Since yesterday up to now, some trades even made profit of over 60 - 70 pips, but stop loss is still same, no jumping to Breakven (entry price) ?

+ When Partial close will work and how many pips is stop loss per trade ?

I noticed that this Electra V1.17 is really profitable on some pairs. So, I am quite interested in it, and wish to understand all its' functions so that I can use it at best advantages.

Thanks a lot for your explanations.

James

jamesphuc72:

1. Yes, please kindly make a detailed explanations on Electra EA V1.17 PET and Alpha EA, together with settings that you have been using on forward-testing so far. Thanks a lot.

You know that I am not an author of this EA.

To make the detailed explanation - I will need to re-read whole 51 pages for Electra thread and for Alpha thread just to remind everything to myself. So, it is basicly same with you in this case.

I am suggesting to you to read the thread first and the links I provided. After that I will try to make some more explanation.

I mean: read all the links from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2 related to Alpha and Electra: you will spend half a day only for that.

Hi Newdigital. Please kindly make a PDF File on Electra V1.17 EA and Alpha EA. Thanks

You are forcing the situation I just made an idea that every elite section EA (especially EAs which were forward tested for the long time) should be uploaded together with pdf instruction about how to use/trade this EA. I hope to start this process soon (writing the pdf files). But Electra EA is not good choice to start as it is difficult EA by settings and explanation.

I will start with something which is more simple to finish with simething which is more complicated and difficult.

2. Please explain followings:

aaa. ATR Breakeven = 1

bbb. ATR Partial close = 1.5

ccc. ATR Stop loss = 1

I just open EA in MetaEditor and see:

ATRBreakeven = 1; // ATR need to move SL to breakeven.

ATRPartialClose = 1.5; // After this ATR We will look to start taking partial profits

ATRStoploss = 1; // Our SL is this Number * ATR

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178196/page11

As I see form my settings:

PrefSettings =True; // If true we take the settings from the Init Function

I means the following:

parameters :

// atrBE - ATR break even (first number)

// atrPC - ATR partial close (second number below)

// atrSL - ATR stop loss (3rd number below)

checkSymbol("AUDCAD", 1 , 4 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("AUDCHF", 1 , 4 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("AUDJPY", 1 , 3 , 1 );

checkSymbol("AUDNZD", 1 , 3 , 1 );

checkSymbol("AUDUSD", 2 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("CADCHF", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("CADJPY", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("CHFJPY", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("CHFCAD", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("EURAUD", 1.5, 2.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("EURCAD", 2 , 4 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("EURCHF", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("EURGBP", 2 , 2.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("EURJPY", 1 , 4 , 1 );

checkSymbol("EURNZD", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("EURUSD", 2 , 4.5, 1.5);

checkSymbol("GBPAUD", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("GBPCAD", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("GBPCHF", 1.5, 6 , 0.5);

checkSymbol("GBPJPY", 1.5, 2 , 2 );

checkSymbol("GBPNZD", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("GBPUSD", 1.5, 3.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("NZDUSD", 1.5, 3.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("NZDJPY", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("NZDCAD", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("NZDCHF", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("USDJPY", 2 , 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("USDCHF", 0.5, 5.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("USDCAD", 2 , 4 , 1.5);

[/CODE]

So, I am using predefined settings for every pair (it was created/estimated by the author of this EA).

2. Default setting of Equity trailing = false. So, if using it as TRUE, then Percent equity trailing = 1 means 1% ? and 1% of what amount ?

1% of the profit from balance according to this formula coded inside this EA:

[CODE]if (EquityTrailing==true && AccountEquity()>=AccountBalance()+(AccountBalance()*PercentEquityTrailing/100))

But I am not using it. I use EquityTrailing==false.

Electra Absolute version (1.17).

I am trading all 19 pairs as usually in elite secton. But not all the pairs are profitable. I am trading all the pairs.

It is some pairs which is profitable (forward testing). Just some of them.

AUDUSD:

EURAUD:

EURGBP:

------------

More information, links, where to download, settings and so on: read this post just to summarize everything.

Just to remind:

newdigital:
And just to summarize everything on this one post.

insufficient money message on the chart: the explanation is on this post, main explanation is on this page, this post and this post, this post.

----------------

EAs with the settings can be downloaded using this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

Using RAS to receive the trades from this EA (to have same performance which I am describing here) - free for this elite members.

-------------------

At this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2 - there are a lot of settings, versions and everything.

I attached my EA (1.17 version https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178196/page33 ) to the chart long time ago so I do not remember about the settings now.

Try to play with automaticMM, Risk and Lot.

For example: Risk = 0.5, Lot = 0.25 and AutomaticMM = true. And backtest with your deposit size (on demo) just to see the lot size of the trades.

------------

Equity positive EA?

read this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178196/page38