Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 47

patricknous:
I have Electra 1.11 and it shows insufficient money to saftey trade this pair...What should i have to do...? change any inputs or what i should do. Im testing my demo acct with 10k. Reply waited.

Read the thread. Answer has been post several times, (30 times at least). If you start from last post back in history you will find the answer faster.

Hey,

Nice work on this EA, thank you.

I've setup everything on my demo and running 6 pairs since two days ago.

It's taken 3 trades so far. Last night it opened up trades 2 and 3 within minutes of each other.

Buy gbp/jpy

Sell aud/usd

Right away I knew these 2 trades could not work well. If you look at long term charts 4hr and up, you see these pairs pretty much run togather in the same direction.

How would you handle these trades?

Any thoughts or observations welcome.

Where do I get hold of Electra version 1.17 to forward test it on a demo account I have with IBFX ?

kwaldron:
Where do I get hold of Electra version 1.17 to forward test it on a demo account I have with IBFX ?

Read my last post here (4 up)

Hello Everybody,

First of all, a big thanks for this great EA, I really like the idea behind and how it works so far.

I've it running on several accounts with different setup and various results, some good, some nearly good. I did had one very bad on ActiveTrades Demo Scalper account. There must be something with that Scalper version, will try again on a standard account to be sure.

A few questions/wishes now

I did change the ATR to 14, it sounds more close to reality with current fluctuent market. Any thoughs ?

I would love to see a Loss Equity Trailing option, it would allow Electra on smaller account. I try with SwissArmy but I can't control it correctly so far :S

I noticed that a lot of night new trade are in the wrong direction in the morning, anything after 7AM GMT is geenrally right. A filter time would be a nother great option

Is it possible to know the RAS Electra set(s) the trades from RAS are different than what I get on my accounts.

And for interested people, I do use Electra live on IBFX, not the best broker, but their defaults seems to serve well Electra, mostly good trades are taken there (ATR 14)

Cheers,

GE

Gray Eminence:
Is it possible to know the RAS Electra set(s) the trades from RAS are different than what I get on my accounts.

I am using different version of Electra with RAS. This version was not posted yet. Because it is preliminary version. Final version will be created soon and will be posted here of course.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178196/page30

And Alpha EA will be changed to new version. Some preliminary version with dll files were created by Mladen and it will be attached to RAS from next week. This preliminary version will be improved finally and after that will be posted in this section. Why dll files?

Those EAs are "eating" a lot of memory in PC. So, using indicators in the way of dll instead of simpole mql4 codes - will give low memory using.

It is very important for some people like me who are testing with many copies of Metatrader on one PC.

Fional version of those EAs will be with marketcondition checking automatically on many timeframes to be switched between different settings automatically based on estimated market condition.

Just for information.

Thanks for the info ND, will test the new one.

I do prefer EA to be able to see the code, but I understand your concern about RAM. I do use 8GB so not an issue here

Small trouble with the EA two nights ago. It took 58 trades within 32 minutes on EU, for 186.79$ loss, each opened and closed within a minute. Already saw such behaviour? I don't have the same trades on AlapriUK (with is not surprising knowing FXPro) and it did happened only on EURUSD. Very strange, nothing in the Expert log or Journal

CHeers,

GE

I fully understand the "on any PC", not everybody is a techno freak

I will need to learn how to read DLL now

It is not RAM only.

It is something ... how to explain ...

For example you have 1 internet coinnection in your PC (ADSL for example) and 500 programms are using this 1 connection separatedly from each other ... it is something as you connected 5 printers, 6 scanners, 3 monitors and 4 other PCs ... besides it is something with bios ...

I remember something with my old PC: I switch monitor on - and no sound, I connected mouse - monitor was switched off ... finally I disconnected 1 printer from PC ... and everything was fine ... and bios as well ...

Besides, it is something with video memory as well.

And all those things came from based limitation that we can not use many copies of metatrader inside one PC irrespective of RAM or anything.

So, it was big request from the members long time ago to create Alpha EA which can be easy use on any PC with no problem.

No need to learn.

It is 2 indicators which was coded as dll instead of simple mql4 code. That's all.

Just allow dll inside the Metatrader's settings and in EA's settings.

I will explain later.