Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 41

newdigital:
As I see - your Metatrader is connecting and disconnection, connecting and disconnection all the time ... time is written on the chart.

I have no idea why.

But as I know - this EA is reporteing about any small disconnection and trade-is-not-allowed and so on problems. Basicly it is the problem between Metatrader and the broker's server.

I think you are right.

I'm with Alpari account, and I guess that my ADSL is kiding me.

Files:
electra2.gif  22 kb

Hi HenrikP,

It was described many times on this thread. Try to find those posts (there are many posts). To make it shorter: if MM = true so this EA is calculating the lot side for you based on ... do not remember ... daily range in pips for every pair ... and if Electra EA is trying to open lot size which is bigger than calculated by Electra account protection system so you are receiving this message on the chart. May be I am wrong ...sorry but I think it is something to make it shorter. For more explanation - find some posts on this thread as this question was asked/answered many times already.

Maybe a word or two from me too about the MM and money needed by electra to trade :

Electra is going to try to limit your losses (that is the risk for there) Roughly, it is the maximum loss of (%) that the position will suffer if the trade goes against you. That same position is also used as a basis for partial exits (if partial exit is used, maximum steps for partial exit will be 4)

Coming from that 4 steps planed partial exit, the minimal need in lots is determined. Now it depends greatly on the broker and the account type : account with minimal lot of 0.1 needs 0.4 lots for 4 step partial close, minimal lot 0.01 require 0.04 lots,....

Basic risk calculation depends primarily on one kind of average day range (it is not the same as atr since it does not take gaps into account) and pip value which is, as we know, can vary from broker to broker. If the lot obtained that way is smaller than the required minimum for 4 step partial close, electra assumes that there is no enough money to trade safely. As soon as there is enough money, it will start to trade if other conditions are right

in short :

• lot size is not going to be same for different currency
  • lot size is not going to be same for different broker
  • lot size is going to be different for different account types
  • lot size depends greatly on a fact if there is Sunday data or not
  • lot size is planed to make your loss fixed, not your gains

All this does not apply if you set your UseAutomaticMM to false : then the risk and loss strategy is up to you and not to electra (it will still try to apply the 4 step partial close in case of gains - that also depends on broker, since on a 0.1 lot broker with that 0.25 lot size you can partialy close only in 2 steps not 4 (because of the minimal lot size)).

Hope this clarifies some things a bit.

But also you can find one recent post of mine in which only after posting, I discovered that the work I posted was mostly already done, and my conclusion was : read, mladen read... Please read the rest of the thread since a lot of people took part on posting in it and I am sure that you will find very useful info about this EA

regards

mladen

Not your ADSL

On Alpari those situations are rather frequent (even on times when volatility is not very high you can get those messages - I am on Alpari for 2 years, and I am almost used to them, but...) Even on simple manual trading you are getting those messages

The only difference is that this EA writes those error messages out in front of you (otherwise you would need to go to journal tab). The decision was conscious, because this way it is much, much easier to see if there is something wrong with the EA itself or it is just a broker/user cause. This way, since you (the users) can report easily about the type of errors, errors can be corrected faster

So don't blame your ADSL. It is innocent

As for trading not allowed/trading allowed again the same thing : they (Alpari) do have frequent problems lately (hell sometimes I simply do not know if they are working or not)

regards

mladen

pixxel:
I think you are right.

I'm with Alpari account, and I guess that my ADSL is kiding me.

Thanks, newdigital and mladen

I am truly delighted to have found this free Expert. I quickly installed and opened all the charts that my broker (The collective FX) has provided. It is a demo account. I reduced the lot sizes and the risk level and off I went. It did not take long for the Expert to start trading. The funny thing though is that it will open a "sell" and the trend immediately would swing the opposite direction for a short. Likewise for the "buy" signal. The trend would immediately swing to a long. I presume that it is me that has done something wrong. After 24 hours the trade is still negative and has no indication that it will recover.

Any comment?

pinoccio:
I am truly delighted to have found this free Expert. I quickly installed and opened all the charts that my broker (The collective FX) has provided. It is a demo account. I reduced the lot sizes and the risk level and off I went. It did not take long for the Expert to start trading. The funny thing though is that it will open a "sell" and the trend immediately would swing the opposite direction for a short. Likewise for the "buy" signal. The trend would immediately swing to a long. I presume that it is me that has done something wrong. After 24 hours the trade is still negative and has no indication that it will recover. Any comment?

Thing like this happens. It's wise to wait for the moments where market is on pause to start any EA. Like after NY session.

Besides the expert is designed to trade long and short and you're trading only longs.