Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 77

Hi ND,

A question about Alpha9.. (witch I found very good )

Trades are opened without stoploss and closes with only few pips profit.. on a MM point of view, isn't that risky ? (I'm not sure about it, maybe the EA don't work properly on my platform)

at time of writing, market reversed and account protection has been trigered, great stuff !

Stop loss (many kinds of stop losses) were coded inside EA. It was explained on this thread by many members.

As to few pips ... it may be different ... last week was +271 (EURUSD), +315 (GBPUSD), +21 (USDJPY) and so on ...

More pips are for Electra EA as it was coded ... as author said: "positive equity EA".

Alpha9v1.19 Not Placing Any Trades

I installed Alpha9v1.19PET and ran system test, but no trades are being placed. I also tried the settings for only 3 currency pairs--same thing, no trades being placed. I used the settings supplied.Could someone kindly explain what I'm doing wrong.

Also, what time frame charts should I be using?

George Sanders:
I installed Alpha9v1.19PET and ran system test, but no trades are being placed. I also tried the settings for only 3 currency pairs--same thing, no trades being placed. I used the settings supplied.Could someone kindly explain what I'm doing wrong. Also, what time frame charts should I be using?

Besides EA is MTF could you post some more info? like an screenshoot of the experts and journal tab.

Thanks for the reply. The files you requested are uploaded I believe. I notice that the screen shot says, "Alpha9 Trader Disabled." Why?

Also, EA file shows no monthly data. This is with the posted settings for a $1K account, trading 3 pairs.

I have tried the full account with different settings, backtesting just one pair, and it didn't place any trades either.

Hope you can provide some insight.

Thanks!

Files:
2009.doc  162 kb

George Sanders:
Thanks for the reply. The files you requested are uploaded I believe. I notice that the screen shot says, "Alpha9 Trader Disabled." Why?

Also, EA file shows no monthly data. This is with the posted settings for a $1K account, trading 3 pairs.

I have tried the full account with different settings, backtesting just one pair, and it didn't place any trades either.

Hope you can provide some insight.

Thanks!

You don't have installed the second indicator on first post: Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed.mq4

That's the problem.

Does that indicator go on both the 3 pair and the 19 pair systems?

Also, what time frame charts should I install the EA on?

Thanks for the insight!

George Sanders:
Does that indicator go on both the 3 pair and the 19 pair systems?

Also, what time frame charts should I install the EA on?

Thanks for the insight!

Indicator must be installed on X:\...\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators folder.

EA must the deployed on the charts.

Set your chart on M240.

I also see VHG_v1.mq4 and tf_setting-etc folder that was downloaded along with Alpha. Are these to be installed also?

this post?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178132/page28

It is Alpha EA (1.19 version) inside zip files.

Why 4 zip files?

Because 4 different settings. You can select one to use.

Inside zip file:

- EA with name 'Alpha' place in experts folder of your Metatrader's directory (for example: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts);

- 2 indicators with exact name as Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed and VHF_v1 indicators are going to indicators folder (for example: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators);

- tf_setting is the settings. It is the images with the settings of Alpha EA. Do niot need to place this tf_setting. Just open the images, see/write on the paper the settings, when open Alpha EA with MetaEdditor and change the settings in MetataEditor and compile.

Or attach Alpha EA to the chart and change the settings and if you are using 19 charts so "change the settings" for 19 times for 19 charts ...

But changing in MetaEditor (and compile with new settings) is much more better because you will do it one time and your settings will be default for this EA with this Metatrader for any chart.

What is Alpha9v1.20?

Same Alpha 1.19 version but for 5 digit broker.

If your broker is having 5 digit price (Alpari UK for example) so use 1.20 instead of 1.19. Other installation is the same as above from the beginning "EA with name ...". But only the difference is that you will have 1.20 instead of 1.19.

What is "4 digit" and "5 digit"?

What is the price for EURUSD now?

4 digit.

For Alpha version 1.19.

But if 1.28523?

5 digit.

For 1.20 version.