Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 59

Alpha9 is asking for activation?

I am using this EA on eurusd / gbpusd / eurjpy / gbpjpy; was working fine then all of a sudden its asking for reg code?

Thanks

Jasper

What is reg code?

I changed the broker for testing of this EA from Alpari UK (price value is quoted with 5 decimals) to Alpari rus (4 decimals price). So, please find (attached) the last statements for Alpari UK for all the settings testing. This post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2 was updated with the link to this statement.

From now all the statements for this EA will be posted using Alpari rus broker.

Started Alpha EA, all the settings versions, with new broker.

It is Alpha PET 1:

The other statements are attached:

Pet?

Newdigital (or anyone), I'm trialing on an IBFX Demo, and a small FXCast live account. This looks an excellent EA, but I have one question.

When PET is hit, and it then cleases trading, what happens next? Does it go for another Percentage tomorrow? Or, must the PET be reset to a higher level?

See, I've hit PET and it's waiting to close some open trades, if they ever come back from negative. But I am wondering what happens next.

I sincerely apologise if this is in the previous discussions somewhere, but it's going to take me about a week to get through them all!

Thanks in advance

JM

jm_killybegs:
Newdigital (or anyone), I'm trialing on an IBFX Demo, and a small FXCast live account. This looks an excellent EA, but I have one question.

When PET is hit, and it then cleases trading, what happens next? Does it go for another Percentage tomorrow? Or, must the PET be reset to a higher level?

See, I've hit PET and it's waiting to close some open trades, if they ever come back from negative. But I am wondering what happens next.

I sincerely apologise if this is in the previous discussions somewhere, but it's going to take me about a week to get through them all!

Thanks in advance

JM

Sorry but what's PET for you?

Pet -

Percentage Equity Trailing.

I was trying to get in with the lingo...

I've seen it abbreviated on here to PET.

Basically, it's a setting within the EA that determines how much growth (as a percentage of the account) should be targetted before the EA starts to close Trades, and stop trading.

But, I'm not sure what happens next. Is that it? Does it stop there? or how do I get it to carry on. (hence my question)

EA can close the trade (one separated trade) with stop loss (hidden stop loss), take profit (hidden take profit), some indicators value (200 ma ... do not remember sorry), and all trades with PET. When you (EA) hit the PET so EA will not trade some hours (changable in the settings - default may be 96 hopurs). PET is just percentage.

Nope

I'm not making it clear.

I understand that if the equity protection mode kicks in that trading will cease for x hours. And default is 96 as set in HourstoRestart.

What I'm seeing is "Equity close triggered, We will close all trades on every pair" Which is when my PET target is hit.

And I'm wondering is when it will start placing trades again.

Does it also use 96 hours?

Cheers

JM

No worries,

For some strange reason, it's started working.

As you can see in the attached image, it hit the PET target, and close all trades. Then, it opened a bunch of other trades and hit the PET again a couple of minutes later.

So, good news is, 2 PET target's of 1% were hit in less than five minutes! Now, if we can keep that up for a few days, I'll retire at the end of the month. :-)

And the message "Equity close triggered, We will close all trades on every pair" disappeared and it keeps on going.

I was just concerned, that having hit the PET, that was it. Nothing more could be done unless MT4 was restarted or something, or if PET could only be applied once in a 24 hourperiod.

Thanks

Files:
untitled.jpg  30 kb